Page 1, Enchanted

Enchanted - a story of us -
Iseul, Song
 
"Huah, it's really cold outside," I quickly close the door and rub my hands together, hoping they will be warm by the simple method.
 
My eyes widen when I find a pair of shoes, which is not mine, next to my shoe rack. Since when did he arrive here?
 
I take off my shoes and sneak inside, trying my best not to cause a noise. My intuition is right; there he is, sitting on the sofa with his guitar in hand.
 
This is the moment when I must admit that he looks really captivating. There is something about him that I can't explain with words whenever he is playing his guitar.
 
I guess that's what people called as charisma.
 
"How long have you been here?" I finally ask him since there is no way I'm going to stand there forever, waiting for him to notice me.
 
He turns around, taking a glance at me for a second before returning his gaze to the guitar, "Fifteen minutes or so."
 
I take off my jacket and put it on the table before walking to the kitchen so I can prepare something for him to drink. I open the refrigerator and grab a bottle of milk.
 
"Why don't you call me before you came?" I ask him while pouring the milk to a glass.
 
"Because I thought you would be at your apartment as usual," he answers with no interest at all. He doesn't say another word until I put the glass of milk in front of him. "Where did you go just now?"
 
"Just got a new part time job," I answer, taking a seat across from him. "Anything you want to tell me today?"
 
"The news has been announced," he retorts, playing random melodies with his skillful fingers. "Just in case you don't know yet."
 
"Really?" I tilt my head, waiting for his response but he keeps silence. I rush to my room and turn on my notebook before going back to my seat.
 
I open the usual website which provides news about entertainment and find what he told me; it's actually one of five hottest topics at the moment.
 
I click the link and read the short article quickly.
 
"CN Blue's Yonghwa confirms that he is in a relationship!
 
The leader of the famous band, CN Blue, has revealed that he is in a relationship with a non-celebrity. This breaking news immediately clears up the rumors of possible relationship between every artist who has been connected to Yonghwa in romantic way including his partner in "We Got Married", SNSD's Seohyun, and his partner in drama, Park Shinhye.
 
FNC Music, CN Blue's label reported, "They were friends before they developed mutual feelings for one another. It is true that they are now dating so please support their relationship."
 
Pictures of Yonghwa and his girlfriend having dinner together have surfaced between the netizens, causing his fans to try figuring out who the lucky girl is. Being the responsible boyfriend who is aware that his girlfriend's safety is his priority, Yonghwa attached a picture of him and a girl with long black hair, smiling to the camera, and tweeted, "Iseul and I are happy. Thanks for your wishes for our relationship."
 
Although some fans are still questioning about the sudden news, Yonghwa's fans also expressed their positive thoughts by telling Yonghwa via Twitter about how compatible Yonghwa and his girlfriend is."
 
I close the internet browser and turn to look at the person who is busy with his own world, playing guitar as if he is all alone in this room. Even though a really  big news about himself is just announced all around the world through internet, it looks like he doesn't care about it at all.
 
Song Iseul, you are his girlfriend now...
 
...or at least I need to make sure people believe I am his lover.
 
 
Yonghwa, Jung
 
I stop playing my guitar and glance at her. I guess she is reading the article about the announcement of our relationship.
 
To be exact, it's our deal.
 
She suddenly clicks something and then flips close the notebook, before looking at me with her questioning look.
 
"Well, I guess I must be ready to greet your fans warmly then," she lets out a fake laughter, putting the notebook on the table. "Is there anything you want to tell me?"
 
Looks like I did choose the best partner in this deal. She really takes our relationship as nothing more than the terms she need to fulfill.
 
"No," I put my guitar aside and take a sip of the milk. "You know the details already, don't you?"
 
Actually I know there is nothing I need to worry about since the contract has bind her. Nevertheless I still need to visit her apartment from time to time so the public will believe that we're actually in our relationship.
 
Being an idol is a tough job. As the leader of a famous band and also an actor, I can't avoid to be rumored with some female idols and actresses even though I don't want to.
 
I love music and I have passion in acting but then again I'm actually tired of being questioned about my relationship with people I just consider as friends and nothing more.
 
Around three months ago a secret meeting was held between me, my manager, and the President of my agency. Some ideas were offered until the final decision was taken.
 
To avoid being rumored with other girls and prevent scandal from happening, we agreed to find someone who would act as my girlfriend. After going through some discussions, I agreed with the decision.
 
It would be advantages for both parties. The person who acts as my girlfriend would be paid. She could consider that it's her part time job. She just needs to act as my girlfriend in front of public.
 
While I could have my free time at least three times a week where I could spend my free times with the girl to assure the public that the relationship is real.
 
Some arguments were made considering that my fans would be enraged but it's the best idea among the others so we finalized the decision.
 
After two weeks looking for the perfect applicant, a girl was selected and the contract had been signed by both of us.
 
And she is right in front of me now, busy typing something on her phone.
 
We had spent at least five times of dinner together so people would spot us as the beginning. I also had the key to her apartment so people will not question the possibility of me visiting another female artist.
 
The deal will be called off after one year.
 
Until that I just need to act as the idol who loves his girlfriend.

"Ah, I forget to buy ingredients for dinner!" Iseul suddenly exclaims. She stands up and grabs her jacket, rushing to wear her shoes. "Don't forget to lock the door if you want to leave!"

She closes the door behind her, leaving me alone in her apartment. It's not like I'm bothered either since we're not a real couple.

I close my eyes, enjoying the silence. Somehow I like to be here for an unknown reason.
 
 
Myungsoo, Kim
 
"I know, I know," I chuckle and tuck my left hand inside the pocket. "I'm on my way back. Don't worry. No one notices me."
 
"Fine," Sunggyu replies me, sighing with relief. "It's cold outside. Be careful on your way back, Myungsoo."
 
I bid him goodbye after assuring him once again that I will be arrived soon at our apartment. Sometimes he is such a worrywart but I know he does it because he cares.
 
After I was done with the filming for my newest commercial, I begged my manager to give me free time for an hour. Since I've been working really hard lately, he gave me permission as long as I hide my identity.
 
Working as an idol is tough but I enjoy it. In fact I'm grateful that I became a singer. Not to mention that I met six amazing persons who work together with me as a group now.
 
When I walk pass a bridge, I immediately stop my steps because I notice a girl is leaning forward, ready to jump to the cold river.
 
Without even thinking twice, I quickly rush to her side and wrap my arm around her waist to stop her from throwing herself to the cold water, "Don't!"
 
"E-Eh?" she mumbles with confusion in her tone. "What? What do you mean with 'don't'?"
 
I loose my arms and look at her. She is a young girl around my age with long black hair. She blinks, tilting her head while looking at me with puzzled look.
 
"I...," I clear my throat and rub the back of my neck. "I saw you and I thought... Don't jump. Life is beautiful so-"
 
"Wait a minute," she interrupts me, frowning with a smile. "Do you think I was going to do suicide?"
 
"Eh? You weren't?" this time it's my turn to be surprised. She covers quickly but ends up burst into laughter.
 
"Don't worry. There are still many things I need to do before I die," she wipes away her happy tears due to the laughter. "I dropped my money to the river and I was looking after it. That's all."
 
"Oh," I mumble, feeling really embarassed for jumping into my own conclusions. I scratch my nose, dropping my gaze reluctantly. "I'm sorry. I... I'm..."
 
"It's alright," she mutters calmly, smiling at me. "Thank you for making me laugh anyway. Tonight is not a really good night for me."
 
I slowly lift up my head and look at her. Her eyes do give a hint of sadness even though her lips form into a perfect curve.
 
"I really need to go now," she suddenly clasps her hands together.
 
She turns around, walking away from me but suddenly she stops and turns to face me as if she just remembers something, "Ah, what's your name?"
 
"I...," I pause for seconds. Should I tell her my real name? What if she recognizes me? "Myungsoo. My name is Myungsoo."
 
Thankfully she doesn't recognize me or perhaps my name is too common. She nods and then waves to me, "See you around then. It's really cold outside so you better return to your house as soon as possible."
 
"Wait, what's your name?" I quickly call her before she walks farther.
 
"Iseul. Song Iseul," she answers me out loud, walking backwards. She waves again before running ahead to her own destination.
 
"Iseul," I repeat her name. "Where did I hear that name before?"

I don't know why...

...but I am enchanted to meet her again.