Page 33, Enchanted to be with You

Enchanted - a story of us -
Iseul, Song
 
"My little Princess is so pretty!" my father compliments me with a wide grin on his face. "I'm so proud of you!"
 
"Appa, it's embarassing," I . "You sound like a erted old guy, you know."
 
"Yah! Did you just say your parent a ert?" he pinches my cheeks and laughs. "I'm just speaking the truth. I'm a honest person, right?"
 
I laugh and admit that my honest personality comes from him. After checking myself once again in front of the mirror, I finally bid goodbye to my father and head to the hospital to meet my mother.
 
As much as he wants to go with me, he has some tasks to do so he will visit my mother later. He also said that he wants to be alone with her, just like their college days.
 
"Noona!" Myungsoo greets me as soon as I open the door of my mother's ward. "Wow! You look so pretty today!"
 
"You came earlier, Myungsoo," I smile to her and then take a seat across from him, right next to my mother. "Sorry, I'm late. Appa was picky about my clothes."
 
I am wearing the dress my father bought for me yesterday. He bought me three different dresses and he made me tried one by one until he thought this dress is the perfect one for me.
 
After having a quick chat with my mother, telling her that my father will visit her later, her face beams with happiness and I'm glad for it.
 
"Are you ready to go, Noona?" Myungsoo asks me. I glance at my wristwatch to notice that it's past one already. "He must be waiting for you."
 
I nod and say goodbye to my mother. Myungsoo excuses himself and leave the hospital with me, heading to our destination.
 
Today is Yonghwa's birthday and he has invited his closest friends to a private birthday party at his agency building. INFINITE is invited but Myungsoo insisted to pick me up first.
 
I have prepared a birthday present for him. It's a ring with guitar as its decoration. I know he loves accessories so I think he will like this one.
 
Both of us step into the room where the private birthday party is held. I greet the members of CN Blue and INFINITE before looking for the birthday boy.
 
"Iseul!" he looks surprised with my sudden presence. He puts down his glass and approaches me. "You're late!"
 
"I'm sorry," I smile bashfully and hand over the small box of gift to him. "Happy birthday, Yonghwa Oppa."
 
He smiles happily and tilts his head, "Can I open it?"
 
"Sure. Go ahead," I answer and he quickly opens the gift wrap, revealing the shining guitar ring inside. "Do you like it?"

 
He pulls me into a hug and kisses my forehead, whispering softly, "I love it, Iseul."
 
"Aigoo, it's in public," I push him slightly, feeling that my face is burning. He grins to me and I sigh in relief, "Glad you like it."
 
"Actually...," he takes out something from his pocket, "...I have something to give you. It's the belated Christmas gift and, maybe it's just a coincidence, but I hope you love it too."
 
He puts a small box on my hand and tells me to unwrap it. With curiosity, I open it and I gasp in surprise to find a necklace with guitar as its pendant.

 
"It's... It's beautiful," I murmur and smile sincerely. "What a coincidence. We have both accessories of guitar now."
 
"That's not all," he tucks my hair behind my ear. "There is actually something else I want to tell you today."
 
I raise my eyebrow, "It's your birthday and I'm the one who will have all the surprises?"
 
Yonghwa chuckles and pinches my right cheek playfully, "Your father said he would not agree if you have a boyfriend for now. He said he wanted you to choose after the deal between us is over."
 
I blink in surprise because I never expected Yonghwa could have that kind of conversation with my father. When did they talk about it anyway?
 
"I told him I would be willing to wait till the day. I just want you to know that I will be waiting to have a story of us. A real one, Iseul," he takes a step closer to me and lands a quick kiss on my forehead.
 
He gives me his charming smile while my cheeks are blushing like mad. My heart is beating out of control.
 
However it's not the last surprise he gives to me on his birthday. After thirty minutes or so, Yonghwa takes his guitar and speaks on the microphone, "Thank you for coming today. It's a special day for me and, for that, I want to give a special performane too."
 
"Please give a big applause for L from INFINITE!" he announces and Myungsoo smiles, joining him with a guitar as well. "This is a song he chose and I will sing together with him."
 
Both of them take their seats, holding their guitars firmly. They whisper about something to each other before Myungsoo speaks, "It's for a really special girl for Yonghwa Hyung and I think all of you know who she is."
 
"There I was again tonight, forcing laughter, faking smiles
Same old, tired place lonely place
Walls of insincerity, shifting eyes and vacancy
Vanished when I saw your face
All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you"
 
Yonghwa sings the first verse with his beautiful voice and I don't move my eyes from him until Myungsoo takes the next verse.
 
"Your eyes whispered, "Have we met?" across the room, your silhouette
Starts to make its way to me
The playful conversation starts, counter all your quick remarks
Like passing notes in secrecy
And it was enchanting to meet you
All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you"
 
Myungsoo's voice is really different from Yonghwa's. His voice is soothing that I feel like I am flowing with the water just by listening to him.
 
"This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonder-struck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you"
 
Their voice blend together during the refrain and I can't help but to clap my hands for them, just like the others do because of the harmonization.
 
"The lingering question kept me up, 2 a.m., who do you love?
I wonder 'til I'm wide awake
Now I'm pacing back and forth, wishing you were at my door
I'd open up and you would say
It was enchanting to meet you
All I know is I was enchanted to meet you"
 
It sounds like L is singing his heart out. I'm pretty sure he is smiling at me when he sings his part.
 
"This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonder-struck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
This night is flawless, don't you let it go
I'm wonder-struck, dancing around all alone
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you"
 
I know this song and they have turned it into an accoustic one. I'm not an expert in music but I know one thing.
 
I love their voices.
 
"This is me praying that
This was the very first page, not where the storyline ends
My thoughts will echo your name until I see you again
These are the words I held back as I was leaving too soon
I was enchanted to meet you"
 
Yonghwa's gaze captivates me when our eyes meet. I can feel heat creeps to my cheeks but I don't want to break our eyes contact.
 
"Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you
Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you"
 
Yonghwa whispers the last verse as if he is trying to tell those words to me.
 
I can't help myself but to smile when he thanks the audiences and walk down the stage, giving it to the next performer from his own band.
 
"So, how was it?" he asks my opinion with nervous look. "Not bad, right?"
 
I take his hand and intertwine our fingers together. I tiptoe until my lips almost touch his ear and whisper to him.
 
"I'm enchanted to be with you."

__________
 
Author's Note:
 
The song is titled "Enchanted", originally by Taylor Swift.
Hereby I give you the live performance of her. ;)