Page 20, Unexpected

Enchanted - a story of us -
Iseul, Song
 
I rub my eyes and feel my head is aching real bad. I heave a sigh and realize that I'm on my own bed. I still wear the exactly same clothes I wear yesterday.
 
Hang on. Why don't I remember anything after I drank a can of beer last night?
 
"What...," I rub my temple and try to remember what happened last night but there is nothing in my memories. What did actually I do last night?
 
I slowly stand up and head to the bathroom to wash my face. I decide to go to the kitchen and drink something, feeling that my throat is screaming for water.
 
"Ah, you're awake."
 
My eyes widen in shock when I see Yonghwa is in my kitchen. He is opening the refrigerator and ready to grab a bottle of strawberry milk.
 
I quickly glance at the clock on the wall. It's just six in the morning. What is Yonghwa doing in my apartment at this hour?
 
Don't tell me that he is actually with me last night.
 
"Did I...," I clear my throat awkwardly, my dry lips. "Did you stay here last night?"
 
Yonghwa accidentally drops the bottle and I can see his cheeks turn into red shades. I gasp and cover my mouth with my hand, feeling embarassed with my silly question.
 
He really stayed in my apartment last night?!
 
"I-I'm sorry...," I take steps backwards, apologizing for things I'm not even sure yet. "What... What did I do?"
 
I am afraid with the answer but I'm really curious as well. Please tell me that I didn't do stupid things when I was drunk.
 
For my surprise, Yonghwa steps closer to me and takes my hand away with his left hand. While he holds my hand, he cups my cheek with his other hand.
 
I close my eyes and the next second I know, our lips meet; Yonghwa kisses me.
 
"That's...," Yonghwa murmurs after separating our lips, "...what you did last night."
 
I cover my face with both of my hands, blushing madly both because of his answer and what he just did.
 
According to his answer, it's not my first kiss anymore with him, but I am fully awake right now. I'm sober and he just...
 
"I-I-I'm sorry!" I stammer, holding my breath. Now I know that I look really awkward. "I must be really drunk last night! I'm sorry. I-I-I was-"
 
"No," Yonghwa cuts my apology and his eyes are staring at me deeply. "Don't apologize, Iseul. Don't."
 
We look at each other in silence for at least five seconds before the moment is interrupted with the ringtone of his phone.
 
"Oh," Yonghwa breaks the eye contact and take out his phone out from the pocket. He quickly answers it, "Yes? Ah, I know. Yes, yes. I'm going back now. I know. I'll explain later."
 
I bite my bottom lip nervously. This is the very first time I feel really nervous because of a man. My heart is beating really fast and I can't even look at him like usual.
 
He has done talking and he glances at me shyly. He fakes a cough and pats my head gently, "I'll visit you again tonight. Drink something, okay?"
 
I can't even say a word so I just nod quickly. He smiles at me and then bids me goodbye, leaving me with awkward and random thought fill my mind.
 
"What's with the kiss...," I touch my lips with my fingers.
 
It feels really hot even when I'm doing nothing. I can't think of anything else but Yonghwa right now.
 
"Iseul, what have you done?" I bite my bottom lip nervously.
 
 
Myungsoo, Kim
 
I knock the door thrice before I open it slowly, "Annyeonghaseyo..."
 
"Ah," Iseul's mother greets me with a bright smile. She nods slightly, "Myungsoo, right? It's been a while."
 
I bow politely and close the door behind me. I take a seat next to her bed and bow once again. I put the fruits basket that I bought for her on purpose, "I'll put these here."
 
"Oh, thank you," she gives me her gratitudes before she asks me, "Are you not with Iseul today?"
 
"No. I'm actually looking for her," I answer honestly. "I thought she's here so... I have a free time today so I think to visit here."
 
"Maybe she will come later," she retorts and glances at the fruits. "That's very sweet of you, Myungsoo. You don't need to bring anything when you come here, you know."
 
I just smile at her words. I wonder where Iseul is. Is she working on the second day of new year? I really want to meet her at her apartment but I think it's a good time to pay a visit for her mother as well.
 
I don't know anything about her family yet but I know she is holding everything inside. It's not like it's a wrong decision to do anyway.
 
"Now that I see you, I really hope that Yonghwa will come so I can introduce both of you," she suddenly states. "You two will get along for sure."
 
"Yonghwa?" I repeat the name. She is not talking about the CN Blue's Yonghwa. is she?
 
"Yes. He is a friend of Iseul and both of them are really close. He is a good person and so are you," she explains with a happy smile. "I'm glad my daughter met people like you two."
 
It's not possible that she is talking about Yonghwa the idol, right?
 
However I don't need to think about the answer any longer because the person appears right in front of me within seconds.
 
Someone knocks the door and the door is opened by the most unexpected person I ever thought. I bet he never expected to meet me here as well and it's obvious from his expression.

He is wearing dark blue jacket and he just took off his hat when our eyes finally meet. I immediately recognize him and I am telling myself that this is not a dream.
 
Yonghwa's eyes widen in surprise as he murmurs my stage name, "L?"
 
"Hyung...," I blink with confusion. So it is actually him we're talking about just now.
 
"Oh! You two know each other!" Mrs Song clasps her hands together. "What a coincidence! I don't even need to introduce you to each other!"
 
As if someone is writing the script of a drama, the actors for the scene are finally completed when the door is swung opened by someone else once again.
 
Iseul steps in the ward with tired look. She looks up to greet her mother, totally unaware with two guys' presence, "I bought fruits for yo-"
 
She immediately stops when she sees Yonghwa and I, standing in the same room with her. She opens to say something but closes it again. She turns to her mother and returns her gaze to me.
 
"Surprise?" I grin awkwardly but she still doesn't say a word. I glance at Yonghwa and he doesn't look really happy with the current situation.
 
"What's wrong?" Mrs Song tilts her head with confusion. "Sit down, sit down. Let's talk. It's good to have so many companions today!"
 
The awkward atmosphere fills the air even though three of us have taken our seats. Iseul avoids eye contact with neither of us and none of us say anything as well.
 
"Is there anything wrong?" her mother asks with curiosity. "Why don't any of you say anything? Did Iseul do a mistake or..."
 
"No, no," I quickly add to lighten up the atmosphere. "It's just... I didn't know that Iseul knew Yonghwa Hyung. I'm surprised so I'm speechless."
 
"I never knew that you know Iseul too...," Yonghwa mumbles but there is no smile on his face. Why do I have a feeling that he is unhappy with the fact that I am a friend of Iseul?
 
Iseul clears nervously and murmurs vividly, "This is really unexpected..."
 
Now I wonder what the definition of unexpected Iseul is talking about.
 
It can't be more than the truth that she knows an idol other than me, right?