Page 23, Real Story

Enchanted - a story of us -
Yonghwa, Jung
 
Minhyuk hits the drum as the finish sign of our music. I take a step backward and then turn to him before giving him two thumbs up, "Good job!"
 
"Someone is happy today," Jonghyun laughs while he is tuning his guitar. "What's up, Yonghwa? Meeting up with your girlfriend tonight?"
 
Heat creeps to my cheeks but I quickly hide my blushing cheeks, clearing my throat nervously, "We have our free time tonight, don't we? We should enjoy our spare time."
 
"Who said so?" my manager hits my head playfully with a piece of paper. "You can't go to Iseul's place tonight. You have an urgent meeting with the main casts of the new drama."
 
"Eh?" I react. "Tonight? Seriously?"
 
"Yes," he hands over the paper so I can read the reason of sudden meeting tonight. "It's difficult to find better timing to gather all of you so, yes, tonight it's the right time."
 
Perhaps I can't hide my disappointment any better because it must be really obvious that Jungshin laughs and says out loud, "Hyung, you need to give him another night to visit Iseul Noona!"
 
Now I'm sure my face is red like tomato. I mess my hair and grin awkwardly, "Come on, let's continue our practice!"
 
It's a lie if I'm not happy by their little teasing attempt. It sounds good and strange to hear Iseul as my girlfriend now, a feeling that never occured before even though we have a contract to fulfill.
 
A week have passed since the night I confessed my feeling to Iseul. I told her that I wanted her to be my real girlfriend instead of just a fake one.
 
It's not the great timing, especially after Dongho's appearance, but I really wanted to tell her my true feeling.
 
I was jealous when I knew L is her friend. In fact I felt that L could be my rival soon. I mean, who knows if Iseul would fall for him because she didn't know my feeling towards her.
 
My heart felt like it could jump out when I blurted out my inner thought to her. A part of me was afraid to hear her reaction: what if she didn't feel the same about me?
 
Joy filled my heart when she smiled to me and said the words I could never forget even until now.
 
"Our story is a real story, right?"
 
No one knows about it though, even the members from my band. They have no idea that those jokes are actually right.
 
I do want to meet her tonight at the hospital so we can visit her mother but I didn't know that I will have a meeting tonight for the upcoming drama where I will be featured with Moon Geunyoung and...
 
L!
 
"What's wrong?" Minhyuk asks me because I almost dropped the microphone during the sound check. "What's wrong with the microphone?"
 
"Oh, nothing...," I tighten my grip on the microphone. I focus myself back to the practice, "Nothing.... It's nothing."
 
For a week I forgot to ask Iseul about her friendship relation with Myungsoo. About when they met, how they met, or whether if she knew that L possibly saw her more than just a friend.
 
My mind was occupied with Iseul and I was too busy assuming who Dongho's source is. I'm still curious who mentioned about my contract with Iseul to him.
 
The only person who know about the contract are myself, Iseul, my manager, my bandmates, and the president of my agency.
 
Who possibly could know about the secret contract and tell Dongho about it?
 
 
Myungsoo, Kim
 
The door swings opened and I look up from the script to the person who just walked in. The uneasy feeling strikes immediately as he bows to each of us who has came first.
 
Yonghwa takes a seat next to Geunyoung and our eyes meet for a second before he talks to the actress calmly. I return my gaze to the script and let my mind wander somewhere else.
 
I finally meet Yonghwa again tonight after the super busy week. I was really busy with my activities with INFINITE and my own individual schedule that I couldn't manage time to ask Iseul about Yonghwa and Dongho.
 
I wanted to call her days ago but I held my urge because I think it would be best if I talk to her face to face.
 
I want to know the truth from her. About her relationship with Yonghwa. About what Dongho was talking about with them. About what she is feeling for me.
 
Fortunately, or maybe not, there is no issue appears this week about their relationship. Dongho doesn't do anything... yet.
 
From the way Sunggyu talked to me, looks like Dongho is not just an ordinary paparazzi. I tried to read some articles about him and I couldn't agree more with Sunggyu that he is quite dangerous.
 
Despite the fact that the fans of idols hate him, the anti-fans, which are unavoidable in entertainment world, follow his writings and don't bother to let him be.
 
They actually help Dongho in one and another way.
 
"That's all for tonight," the director ends the meeting after an hour of quick briefing. "Please do schedule your activities because we're going to work fast pretty soon."
 
He has explained to us about the plot where I will be the childhood friend and first love of Geunyoung. Meanwhile Yonghwa will be the main character who falls in love with her and tries to win her heart from me.
 
I stand up, bowing to him in ninety degrees. When my manager opens up his mouth to tell me to return, I blurt out first, "Five minutes."
 
"Hyung," I approach Yonghwa after he finished his conversation with Geunyoung. I flash a smile to her when she walks pass me. "Can we talk?"
 
Yonghwa looks at me with questioning look. He tilts his head, "Is this about Iseul?"
 
My heart skips a beat upon his question. I hesitate for seconds but then I nod slightly, "Is it... Is it true that you two are in a relationship?"
 
He doesn't give me a smile. He actually looks really serious when he gives me his straight answer, "Yes, we are."
 
My mouth opens slightly because I want to ask him again about Dongho but I purse my lips again, looking at him with disbelief look.
 
Why can't I believe his words? Do I believe Jang Dongho more?
 
"L," Yonghwa steps closer to me and pats my shoulder twice. "I hope we're just rivals in the drama, not in the real life."
 
I clench my fists tight and I know that it's a warning from Yonghwa.
 
He is trying to tell me that I can't win from him.
 
 
Yonghwa, Jung
 
I rest my head on the back of the chair, closing my eyes. I heave a sigh, feeling sleepy after the tiring schedule.
 
I know that I would meet L and he probably would say something to me. I was right and I couldn't help but to feel that he has special feeling for Iseul.
 
"Yonghwa," my manager calls me, grabbing my attention. He spins the driving wheel and smiles, "Do you want to meet Iseul?"
 
My eyes widen and I unconsciously smile really wide, "Can I?"
 
He laughs and looks at me from the corner of his eyes, "Why do you look so happy? It's so unusual, you know. I'm just thinking that you deserve a free night tonight, just like the others."
 
"Well, I think the same...," I murmur, hiding my happiness. I take out my phone and type a text message to tell Iseul that I'm on my way to her apartment. "Drop me there, okay, Hyung?"
 
My manager laughs again and we start to discuss about our schedule. In no time, we arrive in front of Iseul's apartment building. My manager will pick me in two hours so, yes, I have two hours to spend with Iseul...
 
...if she is at her apartment.
 
Iseul hasn't replied my text message so I try to call her as I take the elevator to her floor. Strange enough she doesn't pick the phone either.
 
She couldn't be working because we agreed to visit her mother tonight. Is she at the hospital now?
 
"Iseul?" I call her name. I close the door of her apartment that I just opened with the spare key. "Iseul, are you there?"
 
I step inside and my eyes find Iseul, sitting quietly on the sofa. She is hugging my white guitar with closed eyes and earphones are plugged into her ears.
 
So that's why she doesn't hear me.
 
With a playful grin, I sneak behind her and bend down until I can land a quick peck on her right cheek.
 
She opens her eyes and turns to me with wide eyes as if I'm a ghost. She almost drops the guitar but, thankfully, she manages to control herself before stands up properly, "Yonghwa Oppa!"
 
I chuckle at her reaction and approaches her, helping her to put the guitar on the sofa, "Suprise!"
 
"Y-You said you couldn't come!" Iseul stammers with blushing cheeks. She cups her own face, "You should have called me!"
 
"I called," I ruffle her hair with a really happy smile. "I texted. I called. I knocked. I even..."
 
I land a kiss on her forehead, ignoring my rapid heartbeat, "...kissed."
 
"Oppa!" she complaints, taking a step backward. She looks at the floor and murmurs, "You're such a charmer..."
 
"And you don't like it?" I tilt my head, observing her cute expression. This is the side I never saw from her.
 
Iseul glances at me and pouts, "I shouldn't be with you if you're such a charmer, should I?"
 
"Hmm...," I put my index finger under my chin, pretending to think about something serious. "It's not what you said last night."
 
She looks surprised with my statement. She turns around, looking away from me, "It was a mistake, I guess."
 
"And...," I step closer to her, "...the night before?"
 
There are seconds of silence before she retorts, still giving her back to me, "I've made many mistakes this week..."
 
I wrap her waist with my arms and I can hear she gasps with surprise with my sudden gesture. Even I'm surprised with myself for being so bold towards her.
 
"Then do more mistakes," I rest my chin on her left shoulder, hugging her tight from behind. "I wouldn't mind at all."
 
I will definitely create our own a story.
 
A real one story of us.