Page 8, Snow

Enchanted - a story of us -
Iseul, Song
 
I tie my long hair into a ponytail before heaving a sigh. I stare at my own reflection on the mirror, making sure that I'm all good to start my work again today.
 
It's been two weeks since Yonghwa explained about Jang Dongho to me. It's been two weeks since I've spent the rest of my week alone because Yonghwa is busy with his schedule for his comeback or so what he said.
 
With his routinity as a leader of famous band, I return to my old routinity, just like before I took the deal with him. I'm busy with my part time jobs and I visit my mother at the hospital frequently.
 
Her condition is not better yet but at least she doesn't worsen as well. She asked me how many jobs I work now for her but I never tell her a single thing about my deal with Yonghwa so I just tell her about my part time jobs.
 
My mother has met Yonghwa before. I introduced him as a friend I met from my job. Like mother like daughter, she doesn't know about Yonghwa being a famous idol. She heard about CN Blue but she doesn't know who the members are.
 
I don't have any plan to tell my mother about the deal. Which mother will be happy that her daughter agree to be someone else's girlfriend just to earn money? It doesn't sound really great, does it?
 
For the past two weeks, I've met Jang Dongho twice. I have a feeling that he visited me at the restaurant on purpose but I still don't get what his intention is so I let him be as a customer.
 
Today is just another ordinary day for me. With my uniform as a waitress, I greet the customers and then offer them the menu warmly. The same thing goes by until the night falls.
 
It's almost 9 PM when a new customer walks in with black knit hat and gray long coat. He takes an empty table at the corner of the restaurant, waiting for the menu.
 
I approach him and hand over the menu before tell him the recommended menu for today. I prepare my pen and paper to write his order.
 
"Can I order strawberry milk?" he murmurs vividly and then looks up so I can see his face clearly. He gives me a teasing grin that makes me to smile when I know who he is.
 
"I don't think our restaurant has strawberry milk in our menu list but I think I can prepare one if you want to," I retort calmly. "Is there anything else you want?"
 
He chuckles and props his chin on his palm, looking directly at me, "I'm wondering if you're healthy enough to work until this late."
 
"I'm completely alright, Myungsoo," I tilt my head. "Thank you for asking. It's been a while since the last time I saw you. Are you doing alright as well?"
 
"I'm busy... You know, college," he grins awkwardly and then his gaze falls to the menu again. "Well, I guess I'll order whatever you recommend to me then."
 
I was going to write the order when I hear someone just enters the restaurant. I turn around and my eyes widen when I realize it's Jang Dongho. He is looking around as if he is looking for someone and I don't have to think twice to know who he is looking for.
 
What makes me surprise is the girls who are waiting outside. I can see them through the window and they have curious expressions on their faces. Whatever they are doing, I think Jang Dongho knows something about it.
 
Within seconds I write a short message on the paper and put it on the table before rushing to the staff room and change my uniform. I don't even say anything to Myungsoo because I have a feeling that something bad will happen if I stay any longer.
 
I ask the permission to return earlier with an excuse that I need to visit my mother at the hospital. I take the back door and slip out from the restaurant to avoid the people carefully.
 
When I take a small alley that can lead me to my apartment, I hear footsteps behind me. I stop and the person behind me also stops.
 
I finally take a deep breath and then turn around quickly to see who is following me. The person covers my mouth with his right hand and he places his left index finger on his lips, a sign for me to keep quiet.
 
"Myungsoo!"
 
 
Myungsoo, Kim
 
I just wanted to visit Iseul while I had my free time. I've been busy lately because of our promotion at Japan so I didn't see Iseul even just for once in two weeks.
 
I slipped out from the apartment and rushed to the restaurant where I could find Iseul. Wearing the knit hat and long coat, I held my laugh when she didn't recognize me at first.
 
For my surprise, all of a sudden, she wrote something on the paper which was should be my order list and put it on the table before she walked away without looking back.
 
"Need to leave. See you later."
 
I was surprised when I saw a bunch of crowd in front of the restaurant. Afraid that they would recognize me, I stood up and made sure my disguise equipment would hide my face from their sight.
 
I walked out from the restaurant, passing through all of them carefully and then tried to find Iseul. I thought she would be taking the route from the back door so I trailed the route from there.
 
That's when I saw Iseul took the small alley alone. I followed her behind before she finally realized that someone was following her.
 
"Myungsoo!" she whispers my name as I pull my hand away from covering because I was scared that she would scream. "You scared me!"
 
"Sorry," I laugh softly and grin, "What's your hurry? Did something happen?"
 
"No... I just...," she drops her gaze reluctantly before looking up at me with her usual smile, "I just want to return home earlier."
 
"Ah! Are you still sick?" I unconsciously reach my hand to touch her forehead so I can check her body temperature. "You don't have fever..."
 
She chuckles and lowers my hand with her cold hand, "I'm alright. Really. Thank you for worrying me."
 
My heart skips a beat when I feel her touch. Probably because it feels really cold. I take off my scarf and then give them to her, "Yah, you are freezing. Here-"
 
Iseul pushes back my hand, returning my scarf with a smile, "Thank you but I'll be alright. I'm used to the cold weather."
 
She turns her back to me and takes her phone out and types something on it. I just stare at her, wondering what happened that she suddenly needed to rush. Does it have anything to do with the bunch of crowd?
 
"Well...," Iseul turns to face me and tilts her head, "...are you still looking for strawberry milk?"
 
I blink for numerous times, surprised because of her innocent and playful question. Sometimes I can't believe that she is actually older than me. I would have believed that she's actually two years younger than me.
 
"As much as I want to give you the strawberry milk today, I can't," she states. "I need to meet with someone after this so..."
 
My heart sinks immediately when I hear the 'someone' word. Is it her boyfriend? Well, it's not weird if she has one, considering that she is a really nice girl...
 
...but why do I feel disappointed for no reason?
 
All of a sudden, the white snowflake falls. It's the first day of snow during the winter season. Both of us quickly look up to see the snowflakes which keep falling to the ground.
 
"Ah, first snow," she murmurs, giving out her hand to feel the snowflake on her palm. I can see a beautiful smile on her face as she looks at the snowflake on her hand.
 
"It's funny how the simple white cold snow is beautiful. Don't you think so?" she asks me with her sweet smile.
 
My heart skips a beat and it beats even faster when she takes a step closer to me and tiptoes to dust away the snow on my knit hat and chuckles, "Snowy Myungsoo."
 
I can feel my face is burning but Iseul just smiles to me and takes a step backward again. That's when I finally realize how much I love my name is spoken by her voice.
 
When she speaks my name, I wonder if she will still call me with my real name if she finds out that my stage name is actually L because I want her to call me with my real name instead of my stage name.
 
I want her to see me as the real me instead of my idol status. I want her to think of me as someone who can cross her mind not because I'm an idol, but because I'm Kim Myungsoo.
 
The snowflakes also fall on her head, causing her hair to be covered by the white snow. I pat her head gently to clean the snow. Strange enough I can't help myself but to smile when I do it.
 
"Here," I take my knit hat and put it on her. "At least if you refuse my scarf, take my hat. It's snowing and you can give me a strawberry milk as a return. Deal?"
 
Iseul touches the knit hat with her fingers and then smiles, "Thank you, Myungsoo."
 
There she goes again, making my heart to beat like crazy just by calling out my name.
 
"I need to go now," she tells me. "I'll return the knit hat next time. Thank you and be careful on your way back."
 
I'm still freezed on my stand when she suddenly stops and turns around to talk to me again, "Ah, thank you for being the first person to see the snow with me."
 
Iseul waves and then walks away, taking the turn at the end of the alley and disappears to somewhere. I cover my mouth with my hand, feeling that my cheeks are really warm now.
 
I guess I understand now why I want her to see me as myself, why I don't want to tell her that I'm an idol yet, and why I'm enchanted to meet her more and more by each day.
 
It's simply because I've fallen for her.
 
__________
 
Author's Note:
 
This is the re-written chapter so I'm sorry if I lack something from the original one,
since I don't have any back ups for the chapters.
However I did find the cached version on Google! So I just improvised here and there for the story.
 
Hope you'll enjoy this chapter. :)