Page 24, Wrong Decision

Enchanted - a story of us -
Myungsoo, Kim
 
"Cut!" the director announces and Geunyoung lets go of my waist, stepping backwards before bowing to me in ninety degrees.
 
"Thank you!" she mutters and straightens her body. A bright and shy smile on her face doesn't vanish when she says, "You're a really talented actor!"
 
I just smile bashfully and scratch my cheek, "Thank you. I still have a lot to learn from you, Noona."
 
We just finish the scene where Geunyoung's character confessed her feeling for my character. This is the last scene we filmed for today because this second episode will give a cliffhanger ending for the viewers.
 
This is the second week I work together with the team and I try my best to get along with each of them. I'm grateful that I have rolled in a drama before so I can get used with new environment now.
 
I take a bottle of water from my manager and drink it, hoping my thirst will disappear. My eyes meet with Yonghwa's for two seconds but he immediately looks away.
 
Even after a week working together in one team, I still haven't managed myself to be all friendly with him again, like how I used to do as a junior.
 
Perhaps it's the broken hearted feeling that makes me act like this. I'm not too attached with Iseul but to know that my rival is right in front of me, I feel offended even when he doesn't do anything.
 
I watched his act during this week and I know that I can't win from Yonghwa. His experience in music, acting, and entertaining is far from my reach.
 
Can't I win from him to win Iseul's heart? Is it too late for me to make her turn and see me as a man?
 
On top of all, I'm still curious about the fact whether they are a real couple or not.
 
Dongho's statement is still repeating in my mind. It's not that I don't believe them but I think even though Dongho is a bad paparazzi, he has a reason to make that kind of statement.
 
Besides, there is this man who talked with Dongho in the bookstore that day and I still have no idea who he is.
 
"Ah, is that Yonghwa's girlfriend?" my manager suddenly asks, looking at another direction. His question almost makes me choked on my drink due to the sudden surprise.
 
I turn around and my eyes widen in shock because it's really Iseul who stands next to CN Blue's manager.
 
She wears a black coat and her long hair is braided. Her eyes are fixed on Yonghwa who is reading his script. I doubt that he knows about Iseul's presence.
 
Without waiting for another second, I approach her. Once she notices me, she gives me her usual bright smile and greets me, "Myungsoo!"
 
"Oh, you know him?" CN Blue's manager asks her. He then nods slightly to me, "L from INFINITE. Wow, Iseul, you sure have great connections."
 
"I'm his Noona," she chuckles and my heart actually aches because of her statement. "How are you doing? I'm sure you're doing good."
 
"Kind of," I force a smile. "Can we talk for a minute, Iseul Noona? In private."
 
I add the last word quickly and she looks at me with questioning look. Iseul then excuses herself from CN Blue's manager. Both of us walk away from the filming site, heading to a big tree.
 
"Is there something I can help?" she mutters, leaning her back against the trunk. "Ah, my mother asked about you yesterday. She wondered if you could visit her again one day."
 
My lips turn into a curve upon her words. I clear my throat as my mind works hard to arrange the words properly, "I... There is something I want to ask."
 
Iseul tilts her head aside, waiting for my question, "Yes?"
 
"About Dong-"
 
"Iseul," a familiar voice interrupts my question, causing me to stop the not-even-started conversation between Iseul and I.
 
 
Iseul, Song
 
Yonghwa asked me yesterday whether I could visit him at his filming site for his newest drama.
 
I hesitated because I told him that I needed to find a new job this year. Yonghwa insisted that I should stop working too many jobs but I managed to assure him that I would be alright.
 
He made me promised to see him filming so I spare one day to visit him today. Besides I think it will be a good timing to visit Myungsoo because it's been a while since the last time I met him at the hospital.
 
Since he knew that I'm Yonghwa's girlfriend, we never talked again. A part of me keeps telling me that perhaps he is disappointed at me since I didn't tell him anything...
 
...even though he has confessed to me.
 
When he noticed my presence while Yonghwa was still busy with his script, I decided to have a little chit chat with Myungsoo.
 
However before he could ask me whatever he wants to ask, Yonghwa appears and calls my name out loud, "Iseul."
 
"Oppa," I unconsciously smile when I see his face. My smile disappears as soon as I realize that he doesn't look really happy.
 
"Sorry to interrupt," he blurts out with monotone. Yonghwa takes my hand and pulls me farther from Myungsoo. "I'm done. Let's go back."
 
"Ah, wait-" I try to stop our steps but it doesn't look like Yonghwa is in a good mood. I just wave to Myungsoo with a small smile and follow Yonghwa to meet his manager again.
 
I was going to ask Yonghwa about what's wrong with him but I hold the urge when his manager asks us about where we want to go after this since Yonghwa doesn't have schedule until the night falls.
 
"Drop us at Iseul's apartment," he tells the manager. "I'm kind of tired, Hyung."
 
None of us talks during our way back to my apartment. Yonghwa and his manager talk about his schedule while I just look out through the window with confusion.
 
I haven't even spent my times at the filming site for fifteen minutes and he wanted to go back all of sudden. Why did he even ask me to come then?
 
"I'll pick you up in two hours," his manager reminds him when the car has stopped in front of my apartment building. "Thanks for today, Iseul. Well done."
 
I can only give a forced smile. Yonghwa walks inside without waiting for me. I catch up with him when he waits for the elevator, "What's wrong?"
 
He doesn't answer me. We step in the elevator and irritating silence fills the air. It feels really uncomfortable.
 
"I was waiting for you," he opens up the conversation when we have arrived at my floor. We walk out from the elevator and he continues, "But you chose to talk with L first."
 
I blink with disbelief. Is it jealousy I hear from him?
 
"We just talked. We didn't even talk yet," I complaint as he opens my door with his key. "I was waiting for you to finish your work. That's all."
 
Yonghwa takes a seat on the sofa. He rubs his temple and sighs, "Sorry... Maybe I'm just tired..."
 
"You need to rest," I sit next to him and use my right hand to touch his cheek. "You look really tired."
 
He takes my hand and kiss it gently, "Thank you, Iseul..."
 
My cheeks blush but it doesn't stay long. His fingers accidentally touch the silver bracelet I wear on my right wrist, "Song..."
 
"Who gave you this bracelet?" he suddenly asks me and his tone is full of doubt. "Since when did you wear this?"
 
I freeze on my stand, feeling both guilty and offended by his question. Why do I feel that he always makes things so difficult whenever it comes to my friendship with Myungsoo?
 
"It's a birthday present," I pull my hand back slightly but he doesn't let go of me. "Myungsoo gave it to me."
 
"Birthday present?" he frowns and I don't like his tone at all. I feel that he doesn't believe my words.
 
Come to think of it, he doesn't even remember my birthday, does he?
 
"Look, if you don't want to believe me, it's fine," I stand up and looks at him with disappointment. "I don't want to argue with you."
 
As if my disappointment is not enough yet, Yonghwa doesn't say anything. He just sits there, avoiding my gaze.
 
"Fine...," I murmur and walk to my room. I lock the door and throw myself on the bed, hugging the pillow tightly.
 
After two weeks, the thought of my real relationship with Yonghwa is not a good idea finally crosses my mind.
 
Maybe I've made a wrong decision.