Page 21, Unwanted Guest

Enchanted - a story of us -
Yonghwa, Jung
 
I tap my fingers on the table, causing the noise to fill my ears as I glance at Iseul, waiting for her to say something instead of letting the silence to make everything more awkward.
 
Here we are, sitting around the table of hospital's cafetaria. Iseul sits between me and Myungsoo, intertwining her fingers together.
 
This morning I finally realized what I felt for Iseul. I know exactly that she was drunk last night but I was perfectly sober when I kissed her back.
 
Thankfully I knew my limitation. I stopped whatever we're doing as I could see that she was really tired. I didn't return to my apartment and slept on the sofa.
 
When I woke up earlier, Iseul found me at the kitchen. I swear my heart was going to burst when she asked about what she did last night.
 
However I have decided that I would tell her what I feel for her. I brought myself to kiss her and the words of confession were already prepared but a phone call from my manager stopped me.
 
I was scolded for not returning to my apartment when I had schedule this morning with the others. I took all the blame while thinking to visit Mrs Song today.
 
What I never thought is another person in the room. Not to mention that I know the person and he is an idol.
 
"So...," L breaks the awkward silence with a grin, "...you two know each other."
 
"Those are supposed to be my words," I state with monotone. I mentally curse myself for putting such tone towards someone who is being so nice towards me.
 
It's not that I don't like him but I'm just being cautious. Who knows what his heart is hiding; who knows what he is feeling for Iseul.
 
Am I being overprotective or what?
 
"Let me get this straight," Iseul finally starts to talk. "I didn't know that Myungsoo is an idol until the special end of the year performance."
 
"So you knew him long before that?" I blurt out the question and I quickly regret it because Iseul frowns, feeling uncomfortable with the question which corners her somehow.
 
"No, not really long, Hyung," L answers. "Just a month or so. Well, how long did you two have know each other then?"
 
Based on his innocent question, I guess I can assume that he doesn't know at all that Iseul is my girlfriend in front of the public.
 
L looks at me and then turns to Iseul, waiting for an answer. He tilts his head and asks, "What's wrong, Noona?"
 
Iseul glances at me and then clears , "Well, I... We..."
 
She stops and it's obvious that she is avoiding my gaze. I thought it's not difficult for her to say that she is my girlfriend in front of someone else.
 
What's with the hesitation?
 
Is it because L who asked the question? Is it because their friendship is more than just ordinary friends?
 
"I'm her boyfriend."
 
 
Iseul, Song
 
I took hours to make sure that I could pretend everything was alright before I paid a visit to my mother.
 
Who knew that I would find Yonghwa and Myungsoo in one room, facing one and another. A realization hit me that, of course, they knew each other.
 
How could I forget that both of them are idols? How could I forget that they possibly knew each other? How could I forget everything?
 
My mind was too occupied with my father and Yonghwa already screwed up my mind with his sudden gesture this morning. I guess that's why.
 
As for now I don't really like the way Yonghwa talks to me because it sounds like he is accusing me for not telling him that I know Myungsoo.
 
"No, not really long, Hyung," L retorts Yonghwa's statement. "Just a month or so. Well, how long did you two have know each other then?"
 
Hesitation fills my heart. It's the first time I can't answer the question. I'm supposed to say that I'm his girlfriend and that's all.
 
After what happened this morning, it's impossible for me to answer that kind of question calmly. Not when I don't even understand why Yonghwa kissed me.
 
"I'm her boyfriend," Yonghwa answers the question, causing me to look up and stare at him with disbelief. "I guess you haven't read the news?"
 
Myungsoo's eyes widen in shock. He drops his jaw and he turns to me, "Boyfriend? He is your what?!"
 
Heat creeps onto my cheeks and I can't bring myself to look at Yonghwa. Nevertheless I still remember the contract so I give Myungsoo a simple nod, "Boyfriend..."
 
This one word sounds different for me now.
 
There are seconds of silence that feel like forever. Yonghwa fakes a cough to get our attention, "Well, can I have some times with my girlfriend for a moment?"
 
Myungsoo doesn't answer but Yonghwa stands up and gives me a sign to follow him. As much as I don't want to be alone with him, I know I can't avoid him forever.
 
We leave Myungsoo and head to a corridor where people rarely pass by. He turns to me with questioning look, "Do you have..."
 
He stops and then heaves a sigh, "Are you two just friends?"
 
My heart skips a beat when my eyes meet with him. I try my best to keep myself calm, "Yes."
 
"Then why did you seem to hesitate giving the answer?" Yonghwa speaks bluntly. "According to the contract, you-"
 
"I know what I need to do according to the contract. Thank you," I state coldly. I feel angry for no reason when he mentions about the contract.
 
We just stare at each other for seconds before I look away, "Perhaps I just forgot that we're just tied down with a contract."
 
"No, Iseul, I-" Yonghwa is going to say something but his words are cut with a sudden presence of unwanted guest.
 
"Well, well, well, isn't this the fake couple of the year?"
 
 
Myungsoo, Kim
 
I blink, staring at the wall blankly. The word of 'boyfriend' keeps echoing in my head. Could this possibly just a dream?
 
I was really surprised to know that Yonghwa is a friend of Iseul but it's more than just a shock when Yonghwa told me that he is her boyfriend.
 
When I take out my phone to check whether he is telling the truth by checking the articles about idol, someone grabs my attention.
 
A man with black long coat wanders around. It looks like he is looking for someone. I hide my face, pretending to call someone and look away because his face looks familiar somehow.
 
He walks away, heading to the direction where Iseul and Yonghwa went to. Feeling curious, I leave my seat and follow the man from behind.
 
He stops when he has found Iseul and Yonghwa, standing side by side. I hide myself behind the wall and hear the man says with amusement, "Well, well, well, isn't this the fake couple of the year?"
 
Fake couple?
 
"Jang Dongho," Yonghwa mutters coldly. "What are you doing here?"
 
"Looking for you two of course!" the man named Jang Dongho chuckles. "What's with that face, Yonghwa? Doesn't expect me to know about your lie?"
 
"I don't understand what you're talking about," Yonghwa retorts. "This is a hospital so I hope you don't screw here."
 
"Oh, oh, I don't do anything...," Dongho laughs and I don't really like his laughter, "...yet."
 
I slowly take a peek of what's going on. Yonghwa takes Iseul's hand and my heart aches at the scene.
 
Yonghwa walks pass Dongho but he immediately stops his steps when Dongho speaks, "Oh, come on, I know you're not a real couple."
 
What is this guy trying to say?