Page 14, Unforgettable Christmas Gift

Enchanted - a story of us -
Iseul, Song
 
"Come in," Yonghwa lets go of my hand and opens the door for me. He steps in and turns on the light to reveal what's inside the room. "It's empty. I asked my manager to book it for me this evening."
 
I walk inside the music room. Well, I don't know what room this is but I'm pretty sure music room suits it.
 
There are various musical instruments inside, from guitar to electric keyboard. There are drumset and trumpet. The room is quite big and warm since it's winter now.
 
"Have you ever came to a place like this?" he asks me as he closes the door. He walks pass me and approaches a guitar. "This is one of my favorite places ever."
 
I shake my head and step closer to him, looking at the guitar that he is touching with his delicate fingers, "Because you love music?"
 
He smiles without taking his eyes off of the guitar. He takes it and then plays the strings randomly, "Music is a really good friend for me. Music is always with me whenever I need someone to listen for."
 
I tilt my head and smile to him, "I think you have someone to listen to you now."
 
He looks up and blink with confusion. I chuckle and point my finger to myself, "I am a good listener, you know. At least I think so."
 
Yonghwa flashes me a shy smile before moving to the sofa. He holds the guitar firmly and gives me a sign to sit next to him, "Do you have any song you want to request?"
 
"Hmm, since it's Christmas, maybe a Christmas song?" I try to think of an idea. "Joy to the world or any Christmas songs perhaps."
 
He laughs softly and looks at me, "You have the vocalist of CN Blue and you just want me to sing a Christmas song?"
 
"Do you want me to consider this as your Christmas gift?" I cross my arms together, looking at him with curiosity. "I don't have anything to give to you, just in case you want something in return."
 
"I don't live with the give and take principal. NO worry about that," he gives me a peace sign with his fingers. "Are you sure you just want to request a Christmas song?"
 
I find this is really amusing. This is the first time that he acts really cheerful when we're alone. He used to draw invinsible distance with me before even though I still felt comfortable around him.
 
What made him so different tonight? Is it really because of Christmas?
 
"Why don't you do me another favor?" I tilt my head as an idea crosses my mind. I always wonder if I can ask this from someone so maybe this is the right chance for me. "Can you teach me how to play guitar?"
 
"Guitar?" Yonghwa frowns and looks at me with curiosity. "Why? Do you have interest in music or playing guitar?"
 
"Not really," I retort, reaching out my hand to touch the guitar. "I think it's wonderful how these strings can make such beautiful melodies. I want to try and be the one who produce the melodies."
 
If I can play a guitar, maybe I can play it for my mother one day. At least it can cheer her up if her daughter can do something creative, right?
 
"Hmm...," Yonghwa taps his fingers on the guitar and puts a serious expression. "I can teach you but I can't do it now."
 
"Eh? Why?" I tilt my head. He asked me to follow him to this place, he agreed to teach me, but he can't do it now? Why?
 
"Because we need a guitar," he laughs at my surprise expression. He ruffles my hair as if I'm a little kid and says, "Don't worry. I will teach you until you're as good as Jonghyun."
 
"There are many guitars here," I look at the various guitars. "Can't we use them?"
 
"It's my practice room with the others and I have booked it, meaning we can use all the instruments here," he explains to me but his explanation makes me feel even more confused. "There is one thing you need to note when you want to learn guitar."
 
He hands over the guitar to me and smiles, "Try to get yourself used to the guitar. Use my white guitar that I leave in your apartment to practice, okay?"
 
I place my hands around the guitar, trying to hold it like what I always saw him. I try to play the strings randomly but I just end up make random noises.
 
Yonghwa laughs at me without any mercy. He shifts closer and takes my hand and helps me to have the good grip on the guitar, "Here. It will help you better to control the guitar. You-"
 
He looks up and our eyes meet, realizing that our faces are only inches away. We freeze for seconds before I quickly look away, diverting my gaze to the musical instrument once again, "Like this?"
 
"Yes," Yonghwa pulls his hand back, clearing his throat awkwardly. "That's better."
 
Now that's indeed really awkward.
 
Even though I'm bold enough to hold his hand at public, I never thought that we could be so awkward, When we're alone, we rarely have body contact but today Yonghwa is acting really normal.
 
Come to think of it, he had passed the normal level when he kissed my forehead.
 
Is there something between us that I never realized before?
 
 
Yonghwa, Jung
 
I take a glance at Iseul secretly. She is still avoiding my gaze, pretending to focus on the guitar but I know it's just an act.
 
She must feel awkward because of what just happened. I couldn't believe the distance between us was so close.
 
So close that I couldn't help to stare at her lips.
 
Aish, Yonghwa, what are you thinking?!
 
At first I just wanted to lighten up the atmosphere between us. I always happened to be too quiet whenever I was alone with her so I tried really hard to be myself this time.
 
This place is the practice room I always use with the other members of CN Blue. This is already like my second apartment since I spend a lot of my time here.
 
This is also where I took Seohyun, my partner in "We Got Married" on our first episode together. I also taught her how to play guitar here.
 
That's why I was really surprised when Iseul asked me to teach her how to play guitar. There is no reason for me to refuse her request so I definitely will teach her from the basic.
 
However there is a difference. A simple but big difference.
 
I bought Seohyun a guitar so she could use the guitar for practicing. As for Iseul, I was thinking to give her one of my guitars instead of buying her a new one.
 
There is no specific reason why I want to do that but I just want to do something different for Iseul. I mean it's not good if I do whatever I did to Seohyun before for Iseul, right?
 
They are not the same person and they don't stand on the same position.
 
Seohyun was my partner during "We Got Married" and I treated her really sweet, as if she was my own girlfrien. I couldn't say that I treated her as a wife though since I never had one before.
 
As for Iseul, she is my girlfriend, at least in front of the public. I don't treat her like my real girlfriend but I think it's a necessity for me to treat her better than just a stranger.
 
Or at least that is my excuse.
 
Why can't I think straight when I'm with Iseul?
 
"So...," she decides to break the ice and looks up at me again, "...are you sure you want to teach me? I'm not a smart student, you know."
 
Knowing that she is trying to shove away the awkwardness, I try to lighten up the atmosphere as well, "Don't worry. I'm a good teacher."
 
"Is Jung Yonghwa being cocky?" she smiles teasingly and I don't why but my heart flutters because of her smile.
 
Our conversation is interrupted as Iseul receives a text message from whoever it is. Her lips turn into a smile before she replies the sender and turns to me, "Ah, there is something else I want to ask from you."
 
My heart skips a beat when she opens her bag to find something. Is there something she wants to give to me?
 
I slip my hand inside of my pocket, feeling the little box that I have prepared for Iseul. Maybe this is the right time to give this gift for her.
 
"Here you go," she hands over the thing that I immediately recognize as CN Blue's album. "My supervisor wants you to sign the album."
 
And there goes my little hope to receive a Christmas gift from her.
 
"Oh, sure," I force a smile, hiding my disappointment. It's not that I really want something from her but...
 
...I guess it's just another excuse.
 
Again.
 
I do want something from Iseul.
 
"Thank you," she takes back the album and puts it back in her bag. "At least I can return to work and make her soften a little."
 
Iseul looks at me with her cute eyes smile and mumbles sweetly, "Thank you, Yonghwa Oppa."
 
She is definitely not the first girl who called me Oppa but I just realize that I really like it when she called me Oppa. I wonder why.
 
I was gathering my courage to give her the gift when she covers to hide her yawn. I notice that it's almost ten at night now and she must be really tired after her work.
 
"Come on," I stand up and take the guitar from her, returning it to its place. "Let's go back. I'll walk you to your apartment."
 
"Eh? But we just-" she is going to complaint but I quickly cut her words by taking her hand with mine, holding it gently.
 
"It's late and you're tired," I clear my throat nervously. I walk out from the practice room without letting go of her. "Besides... it's still Christmas."
 
She asks me twice about where we are heading to but I just give her a mysterious smile. There is a place that I want to go besides of the practice room and we will pass that place when we return to her apartment.
 
I always want to do this with someone on Christmas.
 
"Woah!" she exclaims with surprise on her face when we have reached the small park nearby her apartment. "It's beautiful."

 
We are looking at a small but beautiful Christmas tree. I saw some kids prepared it with their parents few days ago when I passed this area and I thought it must be a beautiful tree.
 
Iseul takes a step closer to the tree and I realize that I'm still holding her hand. She doesn't seem to mind either so I walk along with her.
 
"Let's take a selca," I suggest and show her my phone. "Christmas is not completed without a Christmas tree, right?"
 
"Sure," she smiles and then stands right next to me. She tilts her head and I can feel she is leaning really close to my shoulder. "Ready!"
 
I lift my phone and smile to the camera after making sure that it will capture our faces and the Christmas tree. It's not a fake one but I smile sincerely since I'm really happy that I can take a picture with Iseul, unlike our first picture that we took for the sake of the deal.
 
I look at the result of the picture and smile happily. Iseul is looking at the Christmas tree so she doesn't notice my obvious happiness when I admire her bright smile on the picture.
 
"Let's go," I give her a sign to follow me so we can return to her apartment. She follows me obediently and, in no time, we have reached her apartment building and I walk her until the door.
 
"Thank you," she turns to me and then pulls her hand away. Strange enough when she does it, I feel that I still don't want to let her go.
 
I just want to hold her hand just for a little bit longer. Just for another moment.
 
"Ah...," she tilts her head aside and, if my eyes don't deceive me, I think she is actually blushing. "Thank you for tonight. It's a short date but, well, it's a date, right?"
 
I swear my heart can explode if it's possible. Did I just hear she said that we had a date? Did she just agree to call it as a date?
 
Before I could react, she tiptoes and lands a kiss on my right cheek. She takes a step backward and smiles bashfully, "Merry Christmas, Yonghwa Oppa."
 
She bids me good night and then steps inside her room, leaving me with my burning cheeks.
 
"Aigoo...," I cover my mouth, feeling that my cheeks are blushing really hard. "I haven't even given you the Christmas gift..."
 
The gift is still in my pocket but she has given me the unforgettable Christmas gift.
 
How can I sleep without dreaming about her tonight?


 

"Sweetest Christmas with Iseul. Merry Christmas. pic.twitter.com/y2h5i1s2"
10:10 PM - 25 Dec 12 via Twitter for iPhone