Page 18, Nowhere

Enchanted - a story of us -
Iseul, Song
 
The silver bracelet is really beautiful. Too beautiful that it reminds me of Myungsoo's confession during his last visit; if that is actually a confession.
 
I don't know if it's alright for me to accept this present but my mother always teaches me to be grateful with what people give to you and treasure them with all my heart.
 
"I'll wear this then," I circle the bracelet around my right wrist, admiring the beautiful four letters 'SONG'. "It's my pleasure to receive a present from a multi-talented idol like you."
 
It's actually a sincere statement. I was actually disappointed with him for hiding the big truth but I guess I shouldn't judge him as the wrong one.
 
There are a lot of things I don't know about him yet and the same goes for him. It's fair enough that he has the courage to tell me the truth.
 
All of a sudden, someone knocks on my door, interrupting our conversation, right after I finished with the bracelet.
 
"A minute," I mumble to Myungsoo and stand up, walking to the door to open it. I wonder who is looking for me on New Year's Day.
 
A man with brown coat is waiting for me with a brown envelope in his hand. He smiles warmly to me and takes off his hat, nodding slightly to me, "It's been a while, Iseul."
 
I never dreamt that I would meet him again after months. I blink while he starts to explain the reason of his presence, "I know it's kind of uncomfortable for you to see me again but, well, this is for you."
 
He hands over the brown envelope but I don't take it. I just stare at the envelope before I return my gaze to him, "Don't tell me it's another debt, Mr Park."
 
The smile on his face disappears and he looks at me with sad expression, "I'm really sorry but, yes, it is."
 
Knowing that Myungsoo can probably hear me, I step out from my room and close the door. I lean my back against the door, "After eight months, he just sent me a letter with another debt?"
 
"Iseul, I know you're upset but I really can't help you either. My company is going to sue your family if no one pay for the debt," Mr Park explains whatever thing I already know. "You know the rules and I'm trying to find your father but-"
 
"But he is nowhere to be found," I continue his sentence. I sigh heavily, "I know, I know. I'll take care of the debt."
 
Mr Park smiles and gives me the envelope. He then excuses himself because he has another work to do, letting me to read the brown envelope without any cheerfulness.
 
"And I hope you bring a good news...," I murmur to myself and rip open the envelope. I find a letter with the familiar handwriting and a greeting card.
 
Before I can see what is written on the letter, Myungsoo suddenly opens the door from inside, looking at me and stammers, "A-Ah, I-I'm sorry. I thought something happened... Who was it?"
 
"No one," I put the letter and card back inside the envelope. I smile and ask him politely, "Myungsoo... Don't you have schedule for today?"
 
"Oh, yeah, but I can-" he is trying to tell me something else but I interrupt his explanation.
 
"You better get ready then. There is somewhere else I need to go," I step pass him carefully. "Thank you for the present and I'll make sure I watch the CD. Thank you, Myungsoo."
 
I rush inside and grab my jacket and phone. I wear my shoes and still find him, waiting for me in front of my apartment. I lock the door quickly, "You don't leave anything inside, right?"

"N-No," he answers shortly. "Where are you going?"
 
"Nowhere," I turn to him and he looks really confused. I just smile and mutter, "Happy New Year, Myungsoo. I'll see you again later."
 
Without waiting for him to say goodbye, I walk away and head out from the apartment, heading to the only place I have in my mind at the moment.
 
I know it's rude to leave Myungsoo like that but I really want to be alone when there is something up about my father.
 
Because there is a possibility that I will be really emotional when it comes to my father's issue.

Because the strange feeling inside of me strikes again; the feeling of wanting to be alone in the crowd.
 
 
Yonghwa, Jung
 
"Thank you for the hard work," I clap and bow in ninety degrees to the MC and the staffs, thanking them for the cooperation for tonight's special New Year program.
 
"Thank you," the seven members of INFINITE bow in unison. Sunggyu exchanges handshake with me, "Thank you! We're lucky to appear with CN Blue!"
 
"We're the lucky ones to appear together with INFINITE," I laugh and pat his shoulder. "All the best for this year!"
 
Each of us hugs each other and when I exchange hug with L, I can't help but to ask him a question, "You must really love your Noona. Send my best birthday wish for her."
 
For my surprise, L's cheeks turn into pink shades. He is obviously blushing but he tries his best to hide it by a grin, "Sure will do."
 
When we already sit in our van, I'm already busy with my phone, checking my Twitter account and find mentions from my fans, wishing me new year wishes.
 
They also wish me a longlasting relationship with Iseul and I can't help but to smile when I read the tweets.
 
If only they know our relationship is just nothing but a contract.
 
I switch to check my inbox but there is no new message from Iseul. I wonder why she doesn't reply my message. Is she busy?
 
I still haven't managed to ask her whether she actually came last night to the show or my eyes deceived me. I wanted to call her after the show finished but it's really late already.
 
"Can you drop me at Iseul's apartment?" I ask my manager and he just raises his eyebrow with questioning look. "I'll be right back as soon as possible."
 
"Oh, Hyung misses his girlfriend!" Jungshin teases me and the others laugh. I only shake my head, smiling at his joke. "Give our new year wishes for Noona!"
 
Once the van stops right in front of Iseul's apartment building, I walk out and wave to my bandmates.
 
It's almost 10 PM now and I'm pretty sure that Iseul must be in her room. Well, I mean, where will she be at this hour?
 
"Iseul?" I call out her name as I take off my shoes. I walk to the main room and look around, "Iseul?"
 
Has she slept already?
 
"Iseul? Are you inside?" I knock her room after I checked the kitchen and found her nowhere. I press my ear to the door, "You're sleeping, aren't you?"
 
Perhaps she is at the hospital. I should give her a call.
 
"Now this is too strange...," I frown, still waiting for Iseul to pick her phone. I don't think this ever happened before; she usually stays with her phone close enough to answer a call or reply a message.
 
I start to worry and I storm out, heading to the hospital to check just in case she is staying with her mother for New Year or else.
 
Since the visit hour is over already, I ask the receptionist desk. Thankfully the nurse doesn't seem to recognize me as the vocalist of CN Blue because of my disguise equipment.
 
"Ah, no, Mrs Song didn't have any visitor today," she checks the visitor attendance book. "Her daughter doesn't come, Sir."
 
"Oh, I see...," I murmur slowly and nod to her. "Thank you."
 
I walk out from the hospital, biting my bottom lip with anxiety engulfs my heart, "Where is she?"
 
I decide to call her again but it's just another futile attempt; she doesn't answer her phone. Why doesn't she answer my call?
 
Is she mad at me? Is she at the condition where she can't pick it? Did someone steal her phone? Is she at someone else's place?
 
"Song Iseul...," I tighten my grip on my phone, staring at my phone screen which shows the selca I took on Christmas' Day with Iseul in front of the Christmas tree.
 
"Where are you?"