Page 15, Confession

Enchanted - a story of us -
Myungsoo, Kim
 
"Hmm...," I sigh and look at the door. "Now or never, Myungsoo. Come on. You're a man!"
 
When I raise my hand to knock the door, someone already opens the door from inside and I'm too surprised that I quickly take steps backwards, "Huah!"
 
"Myungsoo?" Iseul blinks, tilting her head and looks at me with questioning look. "What a surprise. Why didn't you tell me that you want to come?"
 
"Ah... Surprise?" I grin awkwardly, taking a step forward again. My heart would jump out if it's possible when she opened the door all of a sudden, right when I had gathered my courage to knock it.
 
I had been standing in front of her apartment door for fifteen minutes, considering whether it's alright for me to meet her or not. More likely I was thinking of a reason to meet her.
 
Her birthday is only three days away and I have my last free day today so I think I need to pay a visit to her apartment just in case I can find out the perfect birthday present for her.
 
I am not good in choosing a present for a girl but I want to give her something special. There is no way I can ask my groupmates because I'm pretty sure they will tease me and interrogate me about Iseul.
 
"Come in," Iseul opens the door wider to let me step inside. "Do you want to drink something? Strawberry milk perhaps?"
 
"Aren't you going somewhere?" I ask her as I take off my shoes. "It's alright if you need to go somewhere. I can visit some other time."
 
"I was thinking to visit my mother but I think I'll visit her later so I can have dinner with her," she mumbles, walking pass me and heads to the refrigerator. "Ah, I don't have any strawberry milk. I need to buy it later. Is orange juice alright?"
 
"Ah, yeah," I answer without looking at her. My eyes are fixed on a white guitar on the sofa. I never knew that she has interest in playing guitar.
 
"Here you go," she puts a glass of orange juice on the table. Iseul puts away the guitar so I can sit on the sofa, "Sorry. I was practicing just now."
 
"You like playing guitar?" I ask her with curiosity as she takes a seat across from me, still holding the guitar.
 
"I just started to learn," she laughs softly, looking at the white guitar. "I always love to see someone playing guitar. It's just great."
 
Her statement makes me feel that I should tell her that I can also play guitar. I grin and ask, "Can you lend me that guitar?"
 
She blinks for numerous times before handing over the guitar, "Sure."
 
I let my fingers to play random notes, producing the melodies with the strings. This guitar is a good one and it surprises me that Iseul bought this kind of guitar for a practice.
 
"Wow! You are good in playing guitar!" she claps for me and I try really hard not to be cocky because of her compliment. "I guess you can teach me once in a while, don't you?"
 
"Will be happy too," I smile widely since I can't be happier to teach Iseul how to play guitar. I'm not really good either but at least I have confidence to teach the basics.
 
"Anyway don't you have somewhere to go during the holiday week?" she asks me when I return the guitar. "Somewhere with your family perhaps?"
 
"No, I still have some errands to run till New Year," I answer, trying to act as if it's normal to have work to do during these days. "How about you, Iseul?"
 
"Still have work to do till New Year," she rests her arms on the guitar. "Besides the only place I want to visit everyday is the hospital."
 
When she mentions about the hospital, I feel guilty because it reminds her that her mother is hospitalized and she can't go anywhere with her mother.
 
Now I wonder where her father is but I don't think it's proper for me to ask that personal question.
 
"Is this the right key for C?" she asks me while her fingers are on the guitar strings. "Like this?"
 
"Ah, no, your fingers should be like this," I stand up and move to her side, guiding her. "Yes, like this and you have the C."
 
I just realize that I am holding her hands. Her hands are so soft that I don't want to let her go.
 
I look up and see her eyes to eyes. My heart beats faster and faster yet I still hold her right hand with my left hand, embracing it gently.
 
How can she have my heart so easily?
 
 
Iseul, Song
 
It's Friday and I still have six hours left before I start my work for today so I was thinking about giving a visit for my mother when I found Myungsoo in front of my door.
 
Since I didn't manage to meet him on Christmas' Day, perhaps I need to make an amend for him by having a good time for today.
 
Three days have passed since Christmas and I'm still practicing with the guitar, just like what Yonghwa told me to do. Unfortunately he hasn't taught me even just for the slightest.
 
I remember that in the latest email his manager sent to me, CN Blue has a busy schedule until New Year. It's not that I want to ask his time to teach me but I guess I think of Yonghwa more frequent lately.
 
I don't know what's gotten into me that night until I kissed his cheek. I wanted to give him something as my gratitude but I didn't prepare anything for him so that's the only thing I could give to him.
 
I knew it's not a really good choice but thankfully he didn't seem to mind it. In fact I was surprised that I read an article the next day after that night about his tweet.
 
He attached the picture of us with the Christmas tree and it drew attention from the netizens. Looks like they will put more faith that our relationship is real.
 
Now that I'm holding his guitar, I wonder what kind of relationship that we actually have. The fear that I will be unable to differentiate between the deal and real life haunts me.
 
Is that just because I'm getting too comfortable already with Yonghwa?
 
I shove the thought by trying to play the guitar. I bought a book of guitar playing tutorial and I'm trying to remember all the keys, "Is this the right key for C? Like this?"
 
Myungsoo leaves his seat and moves my fingers to the right place, "Ah, no, your fingers should be like this. Yes, like this and you have the C."
 
He looks up and our eyes meet. For my surprise, he doesn't let go of my hand, holding it gently. I only blink, wondering why he still hasn't let go of me?
 
"Song Iseul...," he suddenly murmurs, avoiding my gaze. He takes my hand and puts it near his lips, "When did I start to be enchanted by you?"
 
"Eh?" I flinch a litle when he kisses my hand. Heat creeps to my cheeks because of his sudden gesture. "Myungsoo, what-"
 
"If I can play guitar...," he cuts my words, intertwining our fingers together, "if I can sing, if I can make you smile when you're sad..."
 
Myungsoo cups my cheek with his other hand, "Will you fall for me?"
 
I quickly return to my senses and draw a distance with him. I stand up and put my guitar on the sofa, right next to him, "I-I will buy strawberry milk for my inventory. Do you want to come along?"
 
He closes his eyes and heaves a sigh before looking at me, "I'm sorry if you feel uncomfortable because of me, Iseul, but I'm serious."
 
Myungsoo leaves his seat and walks to the door. He wears his shoes and then straightens his body before turning to me, "I'll take my leave for today. I'll see you again next time to ask you the same question."
 
He flashes a sad smile to me before opens the door and walks out, leaving me dumbfounded.
 
"What was it?" I mumble to myself, feeling that my heart beats faster than usual. "Was it... a confession?"
 
It couldn't be a confession, right?
 
__________
 
Author's Note:
 
The twitpic link that I put on the previous chapter is not a troll. XD
 
It's actually an anagram.
 
pic.twitter.com/y2h5i1s2
 
y2h5i1s2 consists of four letters and four numbers.
yhis and 2512.
'yh' is Yonghwa and 'is' is Iseul.
'2512' means 25 December, the Christmas' date.
 
Well then again, I'm pretty sure that I will click on the link to try it if I read someone else's story with twitpic link. XD
 
Well, thank you for reading up till now!
Comments are really welcomed! ^^