Page 7, Music

Enchanted - a story of us -
Yonghwa, Jung
 
"Finally a break!" Minhyuk heaves a sigh and throws himself on the sofa. He rests his head comfortably and closes his eyes, "I still can't believe the company agreed to the sudden event!"
 
"Well, at least we did a great job there," Jonghyun cheers us up. "Besides it's been a while since the last time we went overseas, right?"
 
We just returned from Japan after the CEO of our agency agreed that we would attend an event at Japan. We stayed there for three days before we returned to Seoul this afternoon.
 
We have two days for break time before we continue with our schedule again. CN Blue is currently planning to have a comeback in a month so our schedule will be really busy soon.
 
I glance at my phone screen to check the clock. It's almost 9 PM now. Perhaps I can pay a visit to Iseul today since I haven't used my spare time yet after the schedule with CN Blue.
 
"I'll be right back," I stand up and wear my jacket, knowing that the December night breeze is not going to be nice.
 
"Meeting Iseul?" Jungshin asks me which I answer with a simple nod. "That's so sweet of you. Visiting your girlfriend after days without her."
 
I laugh it off since I know that he is only teasing me. Three of them know that I'm actually in the contract relationship with Iseul, not a real one. However Jungshin never gets tired of teasing me with her.
 
"We never met her, you know," Minhyuk chirps in and sits up, straightening his body. "Can't you bring her once here instead of you keep visiting her place? I mean it's alright if a girlfriend visits her boyfriend's apartment, right?"
 
"I met her before," Jonghyun defends me calmly. "She has a busy life, guys. If she needs to come, she will come. What's with the rush to see her?"
 
"Well, we want to meet our 'sister-in-law'," Jonghyun sticks out his tongue. "We've met our sister-in-law from We Got Married so why can't we meet Iseul?"
 
"You'll meet her when she wants to meet you," I laugh and open the door, ready to leave. I bid them goodbye and walk out from the building, heading to the restaurant where Iseul works.
 
I rub my hands, trying to make myself warm as I lean against the wall, waiting for Iseul to walk out from the restaurant. It's almost nine so I think I don't need to step inside to find her.
 
"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" a voice mumbles. "Is it Jung Yonghwa, the leader of CN Blue, waiting for his beloved girlfriend, Song Iseul?"
 
A man with thick-rimmed glasses and black coat approach me. His lips form into a sly smile which is really familiar for me because it's not the first time he gave me that expression.
 
"Jang Dongho," I mention his full name with monotone. "Never expected to meet you here."
 
"What a warm greeting!" he retorts with laughter. "I heard CN Blue went to Japan. Just returned to Seoul, eh?"
 
"I heard you're still the same annoying paparazzi," I reply with obvious sarcasm tone. "Have you ever think about changing your occupation? Perhaps as someone who will let people to live in peace?"
 
He chooses to ignore me, looking at the restaurant with the annoying smile that I want to wipe off from his face, "This restaurant is really nice. What do you think if the public know that a girlfriend of an idol is working here? It will help to boost the popularity!"
 
"Don't even think about it," I warn him with serious tone. I clench my fists, trying to keep myself calm. I'm actually a really easy going person but, for this person, I don't think I'm patient enough.
 
Jang Dongho, a former reporter for famous magazine who had been fired because he tried to blackmail idols with the pictures and news he got. He then posted articles about idols on his website. However most of them were not true.
 
Simply said, his record is far from good. Most idols try to be really careful whenever he's around. The previous rumors between me and other female idols also caused by Jang Dongho; that's why I don't treat him nice.
 
I should have guessed that the man Iseul was talking about that night is Dongho. I never expected that he would stalk Iseul to her working place.
 
"What will you do then?" he raises his eyebrow with confident. "I don't think your girlfriend will love to see you quarreling with a lonely man like me."
 
Before I can say anything to Dongho, Iseul steps out from the restaurant, tucking her hands inside the pockets. Her gaze falls on me as she tilts her head, "Yonghwa Oppa?"
 
She approaches me and blinks with confusion, looking at Dongho and then at me, "You two know each other?"
 
"We're good friends...," Dongho steps closer and pats my back twice, "...aren't we, Yonghwa?"
 
"Not even close to acquaintances," I toss his hand away and take Iseul's hand, feeling her warm hand with my cold one. "Come on, Iseul."
 
"I'll see you again, love birds!" Dongho shouts as we walk away from him. I don't bother to look back and keep walking to Iseul's apartment direction.
 
"You know him?" Iseul asks me when I have slow down the pace. "He is the one who I told you about before."
 
"Stay away from him," I tell her. We keep walking side by side and I can see the building already. "He is not a good guy. Keep that in mind. He is-"
 
"Your hand is cold," Iseul takes my hand with both of her hands. "How long did you wait outside? I've told you to go inside if you wait for me, haven't I?"
 
My heart beats uncontrollably when she smiles and rubs my hand with hers, trying to make myself warmer. Looking at her reminds me how I miss her smile after days far from her.
 
"Let's go inside," she lowers our hands but she doesn't let go of my hand. "You can tell me about that man. Who knows if he is following us."
 
"Besides...," she intertwines her fingers with mine, "...there is strawberry milk for you."
 
I guess visiting her tonight is a decision I will never regret even though I'm really, really, really tired.
 
 
Iseul, Song
 
"So...," I put the bottle of strawberry milk near my lips, "...there is a chance that he will stalk me around just to find a way to blackmail you?"
 
"You can say so," Yonghwa takes another sip of his strawberry milk. "He will do anything to mess an idol's life in peace. Trust me. Anything. He will do anything."
 
Yonghwa just explained about Jang Dongho, the man I met just now with Yonghwa. Well, I was right; he's not a really good guy. At least that's what Yonghwa has told me.
 
A paparazzi who has a hobby to screw someone else's life doesn't sound really good for me.
 
"And there is a chance he will find out about our fake relationship...," I mutter, pouting my lips. "Don't worry. I will be really, really careful."
 
"It's not that what I worry about actually...," Yonghwa rubs the back of his neck. "It's... I don't want him to interfere with your personal life..."
 
This is one of the moments when I can't help to think that Yonghwa is actually a really nice person. Despite the fact that we don't talk much when we're together, he actually cares for me in his own way.
 
I know that he is doing all of this because of the contract we have, that our safety is the top priority no matter what will happen. I guess Yonghwa knows better about how dangerous Jang Dongho can be.
 
"It's alright. I can take care of myself," I put the empty bottle on the table. "Anyway you didn't come yesterday. Is there a change in your schedule?"
 
"Ah, I just returned from Japan," he answers after he finished the strawberry milk. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. It's a sudden decision from the CEO."
 
Actually I'm kind of grateful that he couldn't come yesterday. I was still sick and I almost collapsed again because I forced myself to go to work. I was allowed to return earlier to have a good rest so I feel better now.
 
It's not like he needs to take care of me or else. I just feel uncomfortable if I can't accompany him when he visits me unless I have a really important reason not to be with him.
 
Let's say that I know it's not really joyful to be alone at night. I know the feeling and I don't want people to feel the loneliness.
 
"Don't be sorry," I chuckle and look at him. "It's your life and I'm glad you're doing alright. Just don't forget to take care of your health."
 
His cheeks turn into pink shades slightly. I guess Yonghwa can be a really innocent and shy guy sometimes.
 
Suddenly an idea crosses my mind. I tilt my head and ask him, "Are you in hurry to return tonight?"
 
"Not really," Yonghwa blinks, wondering why I asked him the question all of a sudden. "Why?"
 
I flash a smile to him before stand up and take the white guitar he left here at the corner of the room. I hand it to him and then sit next to him, "Do you mind if I want to hear a song from you?"
 
He takes the guitar from me and frowns, "No... but why...?"
 
"No reason. I just want to hear you live instead from an iPod," I smile to him. "It's been a while since the last time you came here and played the guitar, right?"
 
His lips form into a curve. He always smiles whenever we talk about music and I know that it's a really sincere smile.
 
At least he forgets about Jang Dongho for a moment.
 
Yonghwa places his fingers carefully and starts to tune the guitar skillfully. He tries to play the strings until he is sure that the guitar is ready to be played.
 
He starts to play the guitar, producing the beautiful melodies which fill my apartment room.
 
I can't take my eyes off of him. His charisma captivates me and I can't help myself to smile just by looking at him. Slowly I close my eyes and let myself to be swayed by his guitar playing.
 
Perhaps a night with music is the best cure for me; I'm thankful that Yonghwa is here with me tonight.