Page 28, Brown

Enchanted - a story of us -
Myungsoo, Kim
 
I run as fast as possible to Iseul's apartmen once I found out about the article which Jang Dongho wrote about us. I managed to track that he has posted it around an hour ago in his blog.
 
Woohyun is the first who noticed the article and he also told me that there's a post somewhere which said the fans would attack her at her place for being such a girl with no loyalty,
 
I have no idea how they knew her apartment or who took the picture because it only means that this Dongho guy stalked me.
 
The article is written and posted by an username named jang.dongho. The title itself has sparked controversy: "Yonghwa's girflriend cheat with INFINITE's L!"
 
Not to mention a picture of us is put on top of the article. It's taken when I hugged her three days ago, right after Yonghwa talked to her at the park.
 
When I can see the gate of her apartment building, my eyes widen in shock as I see a bunch of girls, surrounding something or someone. Each of them holds something like flour, eggs, and more.
 
I have a really bad feeling about this.
 
"Yah! Yah!" I walk through all of them, making my way to the person who is surrounded by them. I was right. It's Iseul and she is drenched already with water, flour, and rotten eggs. "Noona!"
 
"It's L!" I can hear a girl squeals with excitement but her tone changes immediately. "L Oppa! You're not supposed to protect her!"
 
"She has no pride at all, doesn't she? We tried to respect you as Yonghwa Oppa's girlfriend but now what have you done?" another girl chirps in and I turn to face them, standing up for Iseul. "What kind of spell do you put on them, huh?"
 
The other groans in agreement and another one tries to tell me to get away because she doesn't want to hurt me. I frown and speak up, "If you're doing this just because of the article, you definitely don't believe Yonghwa Hyung and me."
 
They fall into silence and look at each other, discussing about my statement. I fake a cough to get their attention, "Iseul Noona did nothing wrong so I really hope you will stop harassing her. I'm afraid law will speak if this happens again."
 
I don't want to give them a threat but I don't have another choice. It's a good thing that I came at the right time or God only knows whether these girls would rip Iseul.
 
After having a quick discussion, they finally leave. Some still curse under their breath but at least they stop bugging Iseul... for now.
 
"Noona, are you alright?" I try to clean the dirt from her hair. "Why did you do nothing? Aish, look what they've done."
 
"It's useless to argue with them," she uses her fingers to her drenched hair. "I was thinking to find Jang Dongho at his residence but these fans of yours are definitely faster than me."
 
A guilty feeling strikes as I remember that they aren't only Yonghwa's fans but my fans as well. If only I thought before I hugged her that day at public place.
 
"Iseul," a familiar voice calls out her name. I turn around and see Yonghwa making his way to Iseul. "What... What happened?"
 
She gently pushes me away and sighs, "You two have fans who love you a little bit too much."
 
"I'll talk with them," I still insist to help her with the messy hair. "It's my fault after all."
 
"No," Iseul states with a serious tone. She looks at Yonghwa, "We need to talk."
 
"If you two don't mind, I will clean myself first before we settle everything," she continues and walks back to the apartment. "If you don't want to talk, you can leave."
 
I exchange looks with Yonghwa and the guilt is obvious on his face. He messes his hair and mumbles, "Aish..."
 
"I'm the one who came for her first, you know," I declare the statement. "Where were you when she needed someone the most to stand for her?"
 
Yonghwa looks at me with disbelief. Perhaps he never expected a junior like me to say such words to him. I bow slightly to him, "I'm sorry for my impolite manner, Hyung. However I mean those words."
 
I walk pass him and step inside the apartment building, heading to Iseul's apartment.
 
If talk is what we need, if talk can assure me that Iseul will be alright because I can't stick around her everytime, then I'll do it.
 
I promise that I will protect her.
 
 
Iseul, Song
 
After taking a quick shower, I walk to the main room of my apartment. Yonghwa and Myungsoo sit side by side but they don't look at each other.
 
"Thank you," I smile at them and take a seat across from them. "Thank you for waiting and staying. Now, let's talk."
 
None of them starts the conversation. I look at them in sequence before striking up the topic, "I'm not mad at you two."
 
As much as I want to be mad at them for what their fans have done, it's not what they want. It's not like they are the ones who told their fans to do so.
 
I thought I could find Jang Dongho but who knew that those girls stopped me at the gate. That's the very first time I realized that jealousy of fans could be really scary.
 
"Noona, just tell me what you're feeling inside," Myungsoo retorts with gentle eyes. "It's alright if you're mad at us. Really."
 
I close my eyes, trying to tell myself that I can't avoid a problem forever. I always be the kind of person who holds everything inside because I don't think the world will bother with a little problem of mine.
 
I don't want people to worry about me. I just want to make people I love happy. That's why I struggle to protect my mother. That's why I bury my sadness from them
 
"I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt when you talked to me that day," I glance at Yonghwa. "It's hurt. Really, really hurt."
 
"But I know you have your own reason and I didn't have courage to ask you," I continue, intertwining my fingers together. "I just hope you will tell me the real reason one day."
 
I land my gaze on Myungsoo and smile at him, "Myungsoo, you're always there for me, even when I don't ask you to. I appreciate it and I'm glad I know you."
 
His face beams and he grins, "Noona..."
 
"Now let's be honest with each other," I prop my chin on my palms. "If there is something you two want to tell to me, just say it. Communication is the key, that's what my father taught me."
 
My father may be not the best memory I have in past but he definitely has his own place at the corner of my heart.
 
"I...," Yonghwa mutters slowly. "I met your father three days ago..."
 
"My father?" I repeat his words. Did I just hear that right? Why would my father meet him?
 
"He said that it would be better if you lived a normal life," Yonghwa tells me. "The President of my agency also told me that I was not ready yet to have a relationship so... I thought it would be better if... You know, not now."
 
"Hang on," I am too focused with his first statement. "Did you really meet my father?"
 
He nods with confusion on his face, "Yes. He waited for me in front of my agency building. He said he wanted to meet me in person. I still remember he wore a brown coat that day, if I'm not mistaken though..."
 
"Eh?" Myungsoo is the first to react. "Did he wear glasses?"
 
"Y-Yes," Yonghwa answers with unsure tone. "How could you know, L?"
 
"He looks around forties and he has a black hat!" L blurts out as if he is in the middle of the game. "Am I right, Hyung?"
 
"He did hold a black hat...," Yonghwa puts his finger under his chin, remembering the moment in his mind. "Did you met him before?"
 
"Yes!" Myungsoo turns to me. "That's what I wanted to tell you, Noona. Jang Dongho met up with someone after he met you two at the hospital. Ah, so it was your father..."
 
I blink for multiple times, surprised with their confessions just now. I snap back into reality as I stop them from jumping into their own conclusions, "Wow, wow, hang on there..."
 
"My father doesn't wear glasses," I tell them briefly, "and he definitely hates brown color."
 
"Eh?" both of them mutter in unison. Their eyes widen in surprise.
 
I cross my arms and tilt my head while I examine their expressions, "Who is this person you're talking about actually?"
 
Brown color.
 
The color reminds me of someone but it's impossible.
 
It can't be him.