Three

Infinity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun POV

That she looked young she had said. Yongsun snorted. If they paid her everytime someone had told her that same thing she wouldn't need to work at the hospital to earn money anymore; she could be rich by then.

And that hand shake? She had been there thinking how a child Moon Byul Yi seemed to be only to change her mind at the last minute. It was true that her first impression of her had been that she was rude and childish, but after how she had behaved she couldn't help but think she had really good manners. What's more, she couldn't deny she found her incredibly cute. And surprisingly handsome.

Yongsun stopped at the middle of the hallway, coffee on hand.

What was she thinking?

She shook her head and kept walking.

She had to admit something in the situation was odd though. She wasn't even talking about what she thought about the whole thing, but the events that had lead her to Moon ByulYi. She remembered then how two of her colleagues had passed her folder to her as if it burned.

 

“You take it! I don't want that kind of responsability” one nurse said.

“No, you do it. You are the one responsible for that room tonight.” the other replied.

They kept arguing at the nurse station when Yongsun arrived.

“What's happening here?” she said as she looked at them, her eyebrows furrowed. She didn't understand what could be so wrong for her seniors to act like that.

Both of the nurses her direction and focused their gaze on her. She nervously moved on her spot, not liking being the center of attention out of nowhere. One of the nurses, the one with the folder smiled out of sudden, an idea forming on her head.

“Yongsun are you done with your patients?” she asked.

“Well, yeah. Now I was going to take a coff...” she began to say.

“Please do this one!” she threw the folder at her direction. “It's just a silly young adult with a cut on her hand. We are busy and don't have the time to take care of it.” the other nurse nodded in agreement, happy that her colleague had came up with such a good solution.

“Okay..?” Yongsun said. Being new at that hospital she didn't have much option but to do everything they asked from her.

“Thank you, Yongsun!” they both said, ushering her to go and take care of that patient.

Once outside the room Yongsun just shook her head and made her way to the examination room that was written on the folder. ''They're weird'' she thought.

 

When she had known Moon Byulyi was a med student she thought the nurses may had been intimidated about that, but now she wasn't so sure about it. That  couldn't be it. Why did none of her seniors, with all their experience, want to take care of that simple wound?

She was so lost in her thoughts that she failed to see her new friend, Irene, approaching her.

“Earth to Yongsun!” she shouted, waving her hand in front of her face.

Yongsun stopped at once, almost dropping her paper cup in the process. She raised her hand to her chest.

“You've scared me!” 

Irene  looked at her with a straight face.

“I've been calling you but you were inmersed in your own world. What were you even thinkig about?”

“It's nothing.” Yongsun disregarded it waving her hand.

“Ooo-kay, whatever you say.” Irene said, looking unconvinced. “Do you want to grab lunch together?”

“Yes!” Yongsun replied a little too enthusiastic; she hadn't eaten anything since that morning.

Her friend chuckled at her antics.

“Let's go, then.” 

The two of them began to make her way to the cafeteria, even when the food there wasn't too great. It was the best they had and it was the only place near enough to grab something fast before their shifts began once again. The two of them walked in comfortable silence, both of them thankful that it wasn't awkward after so much hours having to deal with patients and, the worst of all: their relatives. People could be extremely rude when it came to the health of a family member, almost forgetting medical staff were humans too, with feelings and all.

The two of them had got pretty

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter