Thirteen

Infinity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun POV

The moment she saw a glimpse of black hair running to the stairs' door she knew in her heart it was Byulyi. And so, she did the only thing she could have done: she ran with all her might following the younger girl. She didn't know what had happened but she knew she had to follow the med student. She HAD TO.

As she climbed the stairs a little spot in her mind wondered just how many floors they were going to pass but Moonbyul, oblivious to ter presence, finally stopped, her body inmediately crumbling to the floor. 

Yongsun's heart tightened at the sight. She didn't know what had happened, but she could feel something was wrong right away.

“Byul-ah...” she managed to say, gulping to get rid of the knot in . It didn't sound loud, but it had been enough for the other girl to raise her head in her direction.

When her eyes met, Yongsun swore she sad never seen such a sad gaze in all her life.

“I don't think she will make it.” Moonbyul said, nothing more than a whisper.

Yongsun didn't know who she was talking about, but she did the math in her head and she could only assume something wrong had happened to her grandmother. There was noone else Moonbyul talked about more to her than her grandma. She felt her eyes start to water at that same instant.

“Byul-ah...” she said again, embracing the youngir girl in the warmest hug she could.

The nurse couldn't begin to think how much Moonbyul was suffering at that moment, since she had lost her grandparents at a young age. She didn't know how it feels to lose someone who had been nothing but caring and kind to you. Someone who had loved you no matter what since the moment you were born, and continue to do so as years passed and you inevitably changed.

Moonbyul was one of the best huggers she had met in her life, so when she eventually reciprocated she almost could feel her pain herself. She gasped.

After some minutes, she asked.

“Is it your grandma?”

The med student tensed for a minute, but nodded nonetheless. Yongsun began to caress her hair in a soothing way, hoping she could help with only her gestures as she didn't have much words to say to her.

“There's nothing I could say to make things better.” the nurse said. Because there weren't; Moonbyul had had a pretty rough life and losing her grandma was going to be a nightmare. “Everything is going to be for a while and then one day, hopefully, it would get better.”

Moonbyul separated from her embrace a little to dry her tears.

“Thank you for aknowledging that.” the med student said. “When happens, everybody always tries to make you laugh.” she gulped. “It's nice to have someone calling things as they are.”

Yongsun carresed her cheeks, chasing the few tears that had scaped.

“I will be here for you for anything you want...” I love you she wanted to say. And the realisation threw her off a little. She coughed. “...Okay?”

“Thank you, Yong.” The med student said, looking to the floor.

The nurse gasped for air. It was the first time Moonbyul had called her in such an endearing way and she felt like her heart was going to slip out of her chest at any moment. She was feeling so much at such short time that she was almost dizzy.

With all the strengh she had, she tried to stop the world around her to be up to the situation they had in their hands.

“Tell me what you need.” she said.

“Don't you have to work?” The med student finally looked at her again.

“Byulyi, tell me what you need.” Yongsun said more firmly.

“Just hug me.” Moonbyul replied. 

The nurse heart ached at how much she sounded like a lost kid.

“Okay, I can do that.” she said, enveloping her arms around the younger girl once again. 

Shielding her from the outside world once again.

 

 

“Where is her now?” Irene asked.

Yongsun almost laughed.

“You sound kind of worried, Irene. You know, Byulyi would find this extremely entertaining.” 

“Don't be a brat.” her colleague growled.

The nurse sighed. It had been a really long day and now, retrieving her clothes from her locker to finally go home, she could use some humour. After a really long shift and all that had happened with Byulyi, she felt drained. She felt even worse not being able to stay at her side, keeping her company, taking care of her... Loving her.

Okay she needed to stop as soon as possible. She tried to focus on the moment.

“She's in her grandma's room. She hadn't left her side since she heard the news.” 

“It must be hard...” Irene whispered.

Yongsun nodded. She didn't know how much of Byulyi's story Irene really knew but being Seulgi's gilrfriend she assumed that a lot. 

“Are you going to see her now?” 

The blonde stopped. She just thought it would be impossible for her to go visit Byulyi now but... was it? It couldn't harm anyone if she went for a little check out before she headed to her house. The only big problem would be if the med student's father was around... But she could always run the other way around if she saw him near there.

Plus, she hadn't seen her since those little minutes they had at the stairs earlier that night and she missed the younger girl like hell.

“I actually haven't thought about that. I don't even know if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter