Twenty-four

Infinity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul's POV

Life went one.

Despite the ache she still had in her heart Moonbyul came back to the hospital, working hard at the hospital, trying to keep up with everything she had missed in classes and trying to be a better friend to her friends. She couldn't say it was easy, but she was so busy that she didn't have a lot of time to dwell on that.

The first time she saw Yongsun at the hospital went well, or at least, the best it could have gone. She crossed the nurse in one of the hallways, and she could swear her heart stopped the moment she saw the smile the blonde girl gave her.

She couldn't do this alone though, she had begun going to therapy since she had talked with Yongsun. It was something shh had to do, and since then, she could notice little by little how she was getting better. Sometimes it felt like she was taking too lonf and sometimes it felt like she was rushing things.

But overall, she thought she was making good progress.

She began to exercise again, now her focus on building muscles and it was doing wonders on her. She was eating better, having a decent amount of sleeping hours, and lastly, she began to go out with her friends again.

They messed around, even going to some parties, and she even had dinner once with Seulgi and, surprise surprise, Irene. The latter made a joke about how she couldn't argue now with Moonbyul because of her recent new muscles ''wouldn't want to get in a fight with you''.

Moonbyul had laughed at that. She was grateful the older girl was being so nice to her when she didn't have to, so she tried her best to not annoy her. She found it ironic how that, for them to get on well, was Yongsun's doing and she wasn't even around to see it.

She blinked once and suddenly, they were at the beginning of summer. She didn't know how that happened, but time is weird when you're so focused on improving yourself.

Before Moonbyul knew it, it was summer and she had ended all her classes. She had to spent some extra hours at the hopsital doing practices though, as she had skipped two weeks when her grandma died. She was ashamed to admit they didn't made her repeat the entire year thanks to her father.

She always went on about how independent she was and then she had let her father helped her when she had made a mistake. She had felt like a kid, but she let him help ner nonetheless. She really was a spoilt kid.

She still missed her grandma like crazy, especially those days she found herself getting in the car to go to her house, only to remember she couldn't go visit her anymore. That, and their once long phone calls were the two things she missed the most.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter