Eighteen

Infinity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul's POV

All she felt was pain.

Throughout a normal day you could feel different emotions, that Moonbyul knew. What she didn't expect was what came when pain was the only emotion you could afford to feel. And it had been days since she had fealt something different.

Everyone said that things hurt most when they came unexpected, but she didn't think that was true at the moment. She had known for a long time her grandma was going to die; she knew when she was accepted into the hospital that she wasn't going to exit it by her own feet. But that didn't make it any easier.

“Unnie...”

Wheein and Hyejin appeared at the end of the hallway, the moment they saw their friend running towards her without a second thought. The three of them hugged each other; or most likely, the two younger girls hugged Moonbyul whilst she laid there with her arms limp at her sides.

“I'm so sorry...” Hyejin whispered in their own little circle, while Wheein just nodded, finding it difficult to say anything without sobbing uncontrollably.

Moonbyul was currently having a hard time trying to understand everything. It was as if she wasn't in control of what happened to her anymore.

She tried, but she didn't find the strengh.

“Has Yongsun-unnie arrived?” Hyejin asked.

The med-student furrowed her eyebrows confused, not registering her words. It had been only a hpur since the doctor had declared that her grandma had finally left this world and she hadn't done anything more than sitting there in a chair by the hallway. She hadn't seen anyone. She hadn't though in anyone.

If someone asked her to write her name down in a paper she wasn't sure if she could be able to do so.

“What...?” she asked, confused.

They part apart from each other, the two younger girls looking at her with equally worried expressions.

“Unnie, you should call her and tell her what has happened... Do you want us to let her know?” Wheein asked, trying to help.

Moonbyul gulped, shaking her head no. She didn't know exactly why but she didn't want Yongsun to come there right now, she didn't want her to see her this way. She didn't want to make her go through this, she hated being taken care of.

She hated it since she had been a child with cancer.

She hated that feeling and, although she was feeeling right now with her friends, she didn't want to feel it with Yongsun. The nurse was this new and wonderful part of her life that wasn't stained with all the she had suffered in her life.

And she didn't want to ruin it that soon.

Before she could respond, someone turned the corner of the hallway running, and she saw how Seulgi only stopped when she saw them.

She locked eyes with her and her world fell apart once again. Everytime she looked at her friends her whole world fell apart, because it all became too real. She knew with Yongsun it would have been ten times multiplied.

They hugged, she said sorry, and Moonbyul knew this was going to happen a lot those days, but it was something that couldn't be helped. Humanity had been going since a long time, but grieving? Grieving was something that will never get better.

“How are you? Do you want me to call Yongsun? She's with Irene at her house right now.” Seulgi asked.

Moonbyul exhaled relieved now that she knew that her girlfriend wasn't at the hospital working at the moment. Three pair of eyes stared at her expectantly, eager to help in anything they could.

“Don't.”

“Oh, so you're going to call her?” the paramedic asked.

“No.” Moonbyul said. She knew she wasn't being very talkative, but she didn't have the strengh to share the few thoughts that crossed her mind.

With that, brows began to being furrowed, arms began to cross, impatient looks arised.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter