Eight

Infinity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul POV

“What have I done?” Moonbyul asked again, dodging the blow Hwasa had sent in her direction.

“I swear, if I have to hear you whining other fifteen minutes I'm going to start a fight in this same bar and security kicking us out of here would be the least of your problems.” her friend told her with an exasperated look.

They were once again hanging out in Krystal's bar (which was their favourite one), as it was the last night of freedom for Moonbyul, who would began her practices at the hospital the next day. They were there for a while and they had already drunk a curious amounts of beers before the med student told them everything that had happened with Yongsun, since her grandma's words of encouragement until her brave performance asking her out.

The two younger girls were at the beginning a little angry because their friend hadn't asked them what they thought before doing anything. But it was her life, after all, and they knew how impulsive their friend could be when she wanted (which was in rare occasions as Moonbyul tended to overthink practically everything). She knew most of the things you worried about on a daily basics ended up not happening at all, but she couldn't help being that way.

“Besides, didn't she agree to go out with you? What are you being such a pain in the ?” Wheein asked, her attention on the fries she had in front of her.

“Yes, but what I'm supposed to do next? What if I see her tomorrow?”  the med student asked worried. She had ignored the fact that they were going to be at the same work place even before they had gone to a date, but that was how things where. 

With Yongsun's schedules (that were pretty bad at the moment since she was still the new girl at the hospital) and Moonbyul preparing everything for the start of the semester and that other stuff she had to do at the hospital, it had been difficult fot the two of them to set a date. 

They had finallly agreed to meet on Wednesday, since the nurse would have that day off, but until that day it was unkown territory for both of them.

When the nurse had said her name that day in the car Moonbyul wanted to die of embarassment, because she was sure she was going to be rejected. She still didn't know what kind of miracle had happened for the older girl to change her mind: but she was so, SO thankful for it.

“You said 'hello' like any other normal human being and keep doing what you had to do.” Looking up from her food, as she had already eaten most of the fries.

Moobyul looked at the ceiling thinking, one of her hands massaging her chin.

“I can do that.” she mumbled.

Hyejin rolled her eyes.

“Have you thought this trough, unnie? You know, her being your father's employee and all that” she asked, surprising everyone by giving that mature approach to the conversation.

“Are you worrying about the future?” Wheein asked, giving her an incredulous look. She then pressed the back of one of her hands on her friend's forehead. “Are you sick or something like that?”

“Ya-ah.” she said annoyed, slapping her friend's hand away. “Someone has to be the grown up here.”

The older girls looked at her like she had grown another head; that wasn't the Ann Hyejin they knew at all. The one they knew would never worry about something that trivial like future, probably saying that it was a waste of time. She was the one of them that had escaped her parent's e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter