Twenty-six

Infinity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul's POV

“Right now.” she knew she was walking on thin ice making such a question but she couldn't help herself.

It had been months since she had had a proper conversation with Yongsun and now that she was here, right at her side, she wanted to do the most of the time they had together. She was ready, she knew it deep inside. She had been working for this moment for a long time now.

When Yongsun gave her a faint nod and began to walk in a random direction she didn't hesitate to follow her.

She thought she was in the moon.

Walking late at night with Yongsun at her side instead of that awful club full of sweaty people. She discretly took her phone out and sent a quick message to Wheein and Hyejin telling them to come back home without her. Once she had done that, she jogged a little to fall in place with the nurse, in silence.

When she had seen Yongsun at that dance floor, she couldn't believe it. She thought she was imagining things, so she had to ask her friends if they saw her too. When the two younger girls reassured her that the girl on the dance floor was indeed the blonde girl she had been going out with, she decided to go and say hello. Because it couldn't hurt anyone, right?

But things got out of hand when she saw how some creep, who had her gaze fixated only on Yongsun, began to get closer to her from behind. When she saw how the other girl was unaware of what was happening, she pushed the guy away from Yongsun.

She had always considered herself a pacifist, so it had been strange to her to feel that rush of anger growing on her chest. She wouldn't go farther than that, the sole action of pushing that guy was something really out of her character, but still it had been a surprise.

“So...” the both of them said at the same time. They both raised their gazes, which were trained to the floor, and laughed as they exchanged a glance.

“Please, you go first.” Yongsun said.

Moonbyul didn't fight and just nodded. She was extremely nervous, because it felt like Yongsun was evaluating her as she waited for her answer. It felt like she needed to be mature enough in whatever she told her, to PROVE herself. But her mind was blank, she wasn't sure she reminded how sentences were formed anymore.

She felt ashamed that there was only one thing in her mind.

“I've missed you.” she said finally. Because what else she could do when that was the only thing going through her mind. She needed to follow her instincts.

Yongsun pursed her lips, as if refraining herself from talking. Moonbyul, flinched, she didn't know if she had messed up letting the other girl know her feelings. She didn't have to wait to be put out of her missery much.

“I've missed you too.” the nurse whispered, so low it seemed like she hadn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter