Six

Infinity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul POV

It would had been impossible for Moonbyul not to know that Yongsun had slept with one of the paramedics of the hospital (she even had discovered her name: Wendy). There was no gossip at the hospital that could escape her curious self and her charming nature, so she hadn't even had to try to get the information; it had come to her without asking. Even more when Seulgi was one of her best friends.

That was the main reason why she couldn't stop smiling like an idiot.

“Could you stop that? You look like a creep.” Seulgi said exasperated.

The two of them had met to take some coffe that week, since Moonbyul had another free week before she began to work at the hospital. She was really enjoying that time as it had been edges since she could have some time to think about her life and what she was doing next (not that she had another option than beginning her training semester though). 

That much free time gave her the possibility of meeting her long-time friend Seulgi, as they normally couldn't do it because of how much the latter worked. 

They knew each other since they were kids, actually: Seulgi was the daughter of the maid that worked at Moonbyul's house. Despite that, the two girls had clicked pretty fast and didn't care about the difference in the status that society had forced on them, becoming inseperable.

The difference in age, the fact that Moonbyul's father didn't see their friendship with good eyes... Neither of that things could separate them. They really didn't mattered for the both of them.

Although there was a difference between the two of them even when they never adressed it, one that made Moonbyul extremely sad.

When she was receiving the best education from her parent's money, Seulgi had to fight to even get one, as her mother wanted a better future for her daughter than the one she had had. She tried to help her friend in every possible thing she could, but there was a limit in what she could do.

When her friend had decided to be a paramedic, Moonbyul couldn't be more supportive and once the time came, she begged her father to hire her at his hospital. Not because Seulgi was her friend (well, because of that too), because she was extremely competent. She knew her friend would be a really good professional and she put her foot down for once in her life when her father told her he wasn't sure about it.

And there they were, Seulgi being one of the best paramedics of the hospital at such a young age and Moonbyul being so, SO proud of what she had achieved.

“I can't help it, you have given me wonderful news.” the medical student replied.

“That your crush has hooked up with someone?” Seulgi asked, her eyebrows raised in surprise.

“No. That now we know for a fact that she's into girls.” her friend replied, a big grin still visible on her features.

“You are unbelievable.” the paramedic rolled her eyes at her friend's antics. “That was the only thing of the story that you paid attention to.”

“That's not true. I just chose to ignore the fact that your girlfriend threw a bowl to someone only because she was drunk.”

Seulgi crossed her arms in front of her with that.

“She didn't hit anybody!” 

“Relax, Seul.” the medical student laughed, she loved messing with her friends. She took a minute to order her thoughts “I know I don't have a choice... But still, it's nice to know that the reason why I could be rejected it's not my .”

Seulgi clearly softened after hearing that. It didn't matter how modern the world was, that it was still very difficult to live in it as an homoual. The paramedic had a lot of luck since her parents had been really supportive of her. On the other side Moonbyul...

No matter how much money, how wealthy her family was, she knew the paramedic felt sorry for her. There were SO many expectations on her to be the perfect daughter. Moonbyul was very grateful that Seulgi had been there when she had come out to their parents (they both had made a pact to help each other in that situations, to be there for the other) and, even though it hadn't gone BAD (because they didn't kicked her out of her house), Moonbyul's father just laughed, acting as if what she had said was just another childishness of her.

That was why the medical student felt so insecure about her uality, no matter how sure she could seem to others: her friends knew better than that.

Luckily, there was a person in her family that had accepted her for who she was without thinking: her gradma (who was the most important person in her life). She could survive only with her and her friends' love, or at least that was she chose to think.

“Anyway, even if you have a chance... And I'm not saying that you have don't put me that face...” Seulgi quickly added when she saw hope filled her friends' face. “Even if you have a chance... Would you go for it? Being she someone that works at your father's hospital and all that.”

Moonbyul knew her friend was being a party pooper and an hypocritical (since she was dating someone on her work place) on purpose because Seulgi knew her so well that she had noticed how she would think about all this by her own and never talk about it with others, being extremely hard on herself before anyone could notice it and stop it. That was how things work with her: or you brought up important things into the conversation or she will never talk about it, wich wasn't healthy.

Moonbyul looked at the ceiling pounding it.

“You know what it's weird?” She softly said, finally focusing her gaze on her friend. “That, and I don't know why, this time I'm willing to try it.”

The medical student looked at her friend with firm belief, and she knew how surprised Seulgi had to be at her words, but she really felt something different that time around. Not only because she thought Yongsun seemed interesting and was out-of-this-world pretty, but also because of herself, there was something knew in her that wanted to break chains.

“Okay but don't you dare involve my relationship with Irene in this mess.” the paramedic said raising her hands.

“Don't be dramatic.” she said rolling her eyes. “How's her after all that drinking, by the way?” Moonbyul said, absently chewing the straw of her drink.

“You could fake that you're interested at least.” Seulgi sighed.

The truth was that Irene and Moonbyul didn't have the best of the relationships. It could be because Irene judged her for being a spoiled brat, never taking interest on actually knowing her real self, or because the medical student felt jelous of how her friend's attetion wasn't on her anymore. They tried to be cordial with each other though.

“I asked!”

“Okay, whatever. The fun fact about Irene is that, no matter how much she drinks, she always has the best hangovers. It's infuriating.”

“Mmhmp...” Moonbyul replied, distracted with what was last of her drink.

Seulgi hit her in the arm.

“If I were you I would be nicer to Irene from now on.”

“Why's that?” the medical student asked, not knowing why she should get closer with someone that looked at her like she was the inventor of capitalism.

The paramedic smirked.

“Because she's Yongsun's best friend.” she said, enjoying how her friend grunted, letting her head fell to the table. “Isn't it your dream? For our girlfriends to be also best friends?” 

“Yes! But that was when I thought I would get along whit the people you date!” Moonbyul retorted.

“You just need time, you'll see.” she waved her hand. “The two of you are really similar, so stubborn, that's why you're not giving a chance to the other.”

“We'll see.” she said getting up. “I've to go to see my grandma, do you want a lift somewhere? Now that I can drive and all that.” she added, showing her left hand. It had a small scar that would fade out with time.

“Actually, Irene is waiting for me outside.” Seulgi said checking her phone and taking her coat from where it was resting at the back of her chair.

“Nice, that way we can start bounding.” she said, making the paramedic laugh as they made their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter