Nineteen

Infinity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun's POV

All she felt was pain.

She didn't exactly know when all had began to go south, but she felt helpless.

Moonbyul had come to her door to tell her that her grandma had died and that they needed to break up out of the blue. Yes, she knew something was wrong, and part of her was expecting the worst, but that didn't soft the blow.

When the younger girl had told her that, she only had wanted to scream. She hadn't known what to do since her emotions were all mixed up; it was the first time she had also seen her girlfriend in a week. She was grateful Irene was there with her, she had appeared behind her the moment a sob escapped from her lips.

She hadn't turned in Irene's direction when she heard her footsteps, hence she hadn't seen the look she had sent in Moonbyul's direction, who just stayed there with her arms limps at her side. 

It must had been a tough look, because it made the younger took a step behind, her expression changing from pain to fear.

“Yongsun I just wans to...” The med student had tried to say.

“Don't.” She had been thinking, but it hadn't been her lips who said the word, it had been her friend's ones. “Get out of here.” Irene had growled.

And so her girlfriend had went.

Despite that, Yongsun continued going to work, she needed that distraction. It was hard trying not to think about Moonbyul when her family was the only thing all the hospital seemed to talk about. 

Everyone was talking about the boss's mother and how it must been hard to loss her. When people began to talk about these things, she just stood there in silence, thinking about how she was important enough to meet her at her last moments.

Thinking how now she wasn't important enough to the younger girls even for a hug or explanation.

There were a couple of things she was finding hard. For example, she hadn't told her sister about the break up, she just pertended everything was alright. She still curled up in the sofa with her girlfriend's hoddie firmly pressed on around her body. She hadn't achieved to stop calling Moonbyul her girlfriend in her mind.

She just couldn't.

She was really grateful for Irene, nor only she had helped her that awful day but she never badmouthed the med student after what had happened. She just helped her with everything she needed, she tried to take her out for a drink even when the blonde nurse always told her she was tired. 

She was the rock she needed to hold on to at moments like that.

Yongsun knew that Irene must had been having a hard time, being Seulgi's girlfriend and being a little at the middle of all. But she never complaint about that, she never mentioned her girlfriend or anything. Her friend just pretended that her grilfriend wasn't Moonbyul's best friend.

And that helped a lot. Yongsun didn't know how she would be able to repay her some day from all she had done. Irene always said: "That's what friends are for" and the blonde nurse wanted to cry everytime she heard that words, as she had never understood friendships in her life until that moment.

Thinking about her last break up and this, how different they were, she was able to see her progress. When she had broken up with her boyfriend it felt like the start of something new, and she hadn't had good friends that stood by her side. Now that it felt like the end of the world, she at least had someone who cared for her greatly.

It had been almost two weeks since everything had happened, and she was already at the phase of cursing Moonbyul for huting her this much. Deep in her, she knew the younger girl hadn't intended for things to go like this. She knew Moonbyul wasn't a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter