Seven

Infinity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun POV

It has been a week since the party she had made in her house and she was feeling like she was getting used to the city and its frenetic rhythm.

She was so worried at the next morning thinking it would be extremely awkward with Wendy and her: but it wasn't. Both girls shared breakfast together, talking about their works at the hospital and avoiding more personal topics. Yongsun was so surprised that she had taken so well the fact that what she had with the other girl was a one-time thing. She let herself go and she had enjoyed it a lot since it had been fun. Like, really fun; she didn't know she could enjoy so much.

She didn't have any experience doing it with girls but Wendy had guided her through everything, eventually gaining confidence in what she was doing (the fact that she was a little tipsy helped a lot). Yongsun had a little breakdown a couple of days ago because all of what had happened but even that had gone fast, so she thought the experience had been a success (considering she wanted to try new things in her lfie).

But deep down she knew that the best thing was that she hadn't had time to think much about Moonbyul in all that time. Not only with her one night stand, but also with all the things that had been happening in her work.

“Seriously, how long until you finally forgive me? I had ONE mistake.”

Yongsun rolled her eyes. They were almost at the end of their night shift and Yongsun felt like she had reached her limit; she couldn't deal with any human until she recovered being alone in her house without noone talking to her. She knew she was paying it all on her friend but she had a pretty rough day. Death was something normal on her job but today she had lost one of her favourite patients. She wasn't in the mood for anything.

She sighed.

“I'm sorry, Irene. It's not about the party, I being rude at you when you don't deserve it. It had just being a long night.” She told her friend, getting out of her uniform.

Irene looked at her with sympathy.

“Is this about that teenage boy that died earlier?”

Yongsun nodded, not trusting her words. The doctors had made all they could but it hadn't been enough. When she had happily entered his room to check if her drip was working well, the patient had suffered a cardiac arrest. She had called his doctors but there was nothing much to do, but that made it less hard. She knew that patient didn't have a good prognosis despite being very young so she shouldn't be that surprised.

But she was. She had taken a liking for the teenage boy and things like that made her wonder how could the world be so unfair with people so young. She fight her tears, trying to control them so they didn't fall freely down her face.

“Hey, don't be sad.” Irene said, taking her between her arms. “You know we can get attach to them, Yongsun.” she whispered.

“I know, right?” Yongsun huffed, showing her friend that she knew she was being too emotional. 

“This things happen.” the other nurse caressed her hair. “But it's true that death isn't something you can get used to.”

They stayed like that for a moment, until Yongsun calmed herself a little and keep putting her things in her bag. Irene waited for her at the door of the nurse's lockers, knowing well her friend needed some time for herself. Once she finished, she nodded at her friend, letting her know she was okay and that they could go out then.

“So, do you want to come to my house or...?” Irene asked her, because she knew at times like that some people didn't like to be alone in their houses, even if it was just to sleep.

“No, don't worry. I just need to rest a little that's all, we've been working almost twelve hours. Thank you for offering it, though.” she looked her friends at her eyes, letting her know she was thankful for the question, even when she knew that probably the only thing her friend wanted at the moment was to cuddle with her girlfriend and relax.

They were so engrossed on their conversation that they failed to see the girl that had stopped at the hallway the moment she had seem them. Only when it was clear that they were going to pass by her side without aknowledging her she made her presence known.

“Yongsun-ssi?” She asked.

Both nurses stopped surprised as they hadn't expected for the other girl to be there at seven in the morning.

“Moonbyul? What at you doing here this early?” Irene was the one who answered.

The med student kept her eyes on Yongsun, who nervously moved her feet. She was too tired to deal with this at the moment.

“I needed to do some... blood tests but I have already finished.” She said, hesitating.

The blonde nurse's brows furrowed: why was she hesitating about saying she needed to take some blood tests? That was her father hospital she co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter