Sixteen

Infinity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul POV

When her grandma had asked to see her girlfriend Moonbyul had hesitated.

She didn't know if she was ready but how can you deny something to someone at their deathbead. She had never imagined the two of them meeting each other that way, with her grandma so weak. No, she hadn't imagined things to go this way.

Hell, never have she thought also of the possibility of her grandma getting sick so soon. But there she was, hanging the best she could before her body betrayed her completely. Moonbyul had been acting like nothing happened, but all this was taking a toll on her and she knew it.

She had neglected all her studies, and smiling was hard these days. She lived by the adrenaline of not knowing when her grandma was going to die and it was something she hoped and feared it would happen fast.

Hoped because the least thing she wanted was to see her grandma suffer. Dying was the meaning of life, but suffering was something totally unnecessary.

Feared because... Well... She didn't want her granma to die. Not now, not ever.

She sighed, trying to think about anything else that didn't make her go once again in the spiral of dark thoughts that had made their home in her mind these past days. And, like it was becoming an habit, her mind went to the only corner of light that she found. To a blazing sun.

Since she texted Yongsun that her grandma wanted to see her and she had replied with an okay, that she would be there soon, she was at the edge of her feet. She wished she had seen the expression of her girlfriend when she read the text and what she thougt about it all.

But she had agreed on coming, so she could only assume she was okay with it.

There was that other little thing.

The how she was going to explain it to her father thing. Because he was definetely going to find out about it. He had a good control of every person that entered and exited that room, so the situation was going to be awkward; him being there or not. There was no scaping.

Not only awkward, she didn't knew how her father was going to react. Could he fired Yongsun? She didn't think it was legal. At the end, she was adult at the eyes of the administration, and Yongsun wasn't neither was going to be at any moment her boss or teacher. But maybe that wasn't enough to stop her father if he wasn't okay with it.

She gulped. 

Was she asking Yongsun too much too soon? There was a possibility of her losing her job, although they didn't know id it was big or tiny. And she had say yes nonetheless. 'That must be love' Moonbyul thought.

But the moment the thought crossed her mind she stopped in her tracks.

Couls be? Couls Yongsun be in love with her? And, it so, was she in love with her too? 'Of course you are, silly' Her inner self told her. .

Oh .

The med student wasn't prepared to deal with this. She wasn't never ready to deal with ANYTHING.

'Focus on your current problems' her mind reprimanded her. Yeah, that's right. She needed to focus on her father. 

She entered her grandma's room once again, resuming her previous place at her side, trying not to waker her up. The med student took one of the wrinkled hands of her grandma between her own, caressing it softly.

At the movement, her grandma opened her eyes a little and Moonbyul cursed under her breath.

“Don't... curse... kid.” her grandma said between breaths. She was connected to a breathing machine, her lungs too weak to work on their own terms anymore.

The med student threw a concerned look at her, as if asking her to don't overwork herself trying to speak. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter