Seventeen

Infinity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun's POV

She hoped Moonbyul's grandma hadn't seen the look she had sent in the youngest's directions. Because she could have killed Moonbyul right there right then. After she had given a good impression, or so she thought, she didn't want to ruin it only because that dumb had decided to laugh at her expenses.

She didn't wuite really understand what had happened in the room but she assumed it was something big. The emotions the med student were feeling kept appearing on her face, making it really difficult for the nurse to actually pick only one of them.

Sadly, after that calm, it came the storm.

It almost felt like Moonbyul's grandma was keeping it together in order to see Yongsun just one time before she died. The moment the nurse went out of the room, she never saw the med student again for a week. Apparently, her grandma's health kept getting worse and worse and the med student stayed firmly at her side until her last breaths.

At the end, they had decided to just stop her suffering, knowing she wouldn't be able to recover.

Yongsun's heart ached, she wanted to stay at her girlfriend's side, but she couldn't. She had tried but it had been impossible, her boss had banned everyone from entering the room except family, and Moonbyul didn't answer to her phone like, never.

She sighed as she sipped on her coffee. She was currently at her flat, taking an afternoon snack after their shift. It was the only free moment the both of them had had this week, which had been extremely busy on top of all.

“Just stop thinking about it, Yongsun. It isn't going to resolve your problem.” Irene muttered as she also took a sip from her coffee.

“I just wish she could say anything to me.” She looked at the floor. “I mean, I know it's selfish, asking things from her when she is going through such a hard thing... But she has left me in the dark completely.” 

“I don't think it's selfish.” Irene said.

Yongsun just didn't understand what was happening. She had tried to see the med student on the hallways but she never saw her. She even went to where her grandma's room was, even though she never visited that part of the hospital and nothing. There was no sight of her.

She had asked Irene, but she also didn't know anything. She had asked Seulgi, but she kept quiet and told her to give the younger girl some time. She had even thought of asking her for Wheein and Hyejin's phone numbers, but she knew Seulgi would never betray Moonbyul.

The nurse took another look at her phone, but her lost calls and unanswered texts were the only thing waiting for her. Just, what the hell was happening? Something felt off.

“Why doesn't she just talk to me?” Yongsun asked exasperated, tears threatening to fall down her face. She had tried to put a strong front all week but she just couldn't do it anymore. She had reached her limit.

“I've already told you I don't know Yongsun...” Irene said.

But this time, Yongsun caught something more than sympathy from her eyes.

“You do know.” she realised.

Irene's head shot up so fast that it on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter