Two

Infinity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul POV

Moonbyul kept bouncing her legs on the litter as she thought how she was going to explain what had happened to her father without making him mad. The pain of her hand had been long forgotten as her mind was too preocupied with what consequences her stupid act of heroism would bring.

To make it all worse, her friends had abandoned her to "look for coffee" which meant they didn't want to be anywhere near there the moment her father arrived in case they could be scolded too. No matter how much time passed neither how older they could be, they will always be afraid of her friend's father. He could be scary when he wanted even though they knew he had a really kind heart, he just had a very strong idea of how her daughters should be educated.

For all of this Moonbyul had been very thankful when they had let her live ouside her house even though she hadn't gone abroad to pursue her studies. She was happily living in a small flat at the city with her two younger friends, which was good and bad at the same time. Although saying their flat was small could be an overstatement, since most students lived in flats half theirs with one more person. They didn't complain of having been born with money.

When the door of the examination room was opened her head lifted up so fast she almost ended up getting whiplash too. was half open, full of excuses about how she had ended up there, but they were all gone in an instant. She had expected her father to be at the door, his hands on his hips and a scowl at his face. However, she was met with a really good looking nurse in front of her. 

The nurse looked at her and then at her clipboard, not really noticing the change in the atmosphere.

“Are you Moon Byul Yi?” she asked.

“Eh... Yes.” she replied slowly.

The nurse looked at her amused.

“Are you sure?” she asked.

“Yes! Yes, of course.” Moonbyul wanted to facepalm herself right there. It was a good thing that she had remembered at the last minute she had a hand full of blood and that was not possible. She didn't want to make a fool of herself even more.

The nurse then proceeded to get closer. Asking for permission, she took her wounded hand between hers as she inspected it.

“How does it feel?” The nurse asked as she touched different points of her hand and moved it with care.

“Wait, who are you?” Moonbyul asked dumbfounded. She didn't mean to sound rude but she had been at that hospital since she was a child and she knew most of the hospital staff, and she was sure she hadn't ever seen this girl.

She wouldn't have forgotten her face, of that she was sure.

The nurse stopped examining her hand and looked at her straight in the eye, her brow raising so high in her forehead Moonbyul almost thought it was going to flew out of her face.

“Excuse me?” she asked, skepticism filling her voice.

Uh-oh.

“I'm sorry. It's just I was expecting another person to come.”

“Like a doctor?” the nurse said, her brows furrowed. “Although I'm just a nurse I can assure you I can take care of this insignificant cut that only needs a few stitches.”

'', she thought I was questioning her ability to do her job'' Moonbyul thought, realizing she was screwed after this misunderstanding.

“I didn't mean it like that!” she said trying to explain the situation to her.

“I'm sure you didn't.” The nurse spat, collecting the tools she was going to need to sew up the wound.

Moonbyul held her hand near her chest again, mute, not having a remote idea of how she was going to get herself out of this situation and not seem like an idiot. It really wasn't helping that the nurse was so pretty she was having trouble finding the right words. She didn't usually get that nervous that fast without any apparent reason, but there she was, her brain working so hard she knew a headache will come in the near future.

“How old are you? You look really young.” she blurted out. She didn't know how old this nurse was but she seemed even younger than her, and with her confused mind that was the only thing that came to her to reduce the tension in the air.

“Oh, so the problem is with my age.” the nurse said, bringing a chair next to the litter. She didn't seem angry anymore, probably because she must be used to dealing with all kinds of people at night turns. It was true she was offended when that patient had treated that way at the beginning, but thinking about it Moon Byul Yi hadn't done something worse than some other people that had come to the hospital.

Moonbyul sighed.

“It has nothing to do with any of that.” she said defeated. She wished she could say something that didn't sound offensive in any way. “Can we start again?”

“Now that I've already threaded the needle?” the nurse joked. And it was true. Moonbyul looked impressed how she had already cleaned her hand and had almost begun to stitch her wound without her noticing any pain.

“Wow, you're good.” she said.

“Oh, so she CAN say compliments after all.” the nurse said, her focus solely on what she was doing.

Moonbyul smiled. She liked this person whoever she was.

“I'm sorry for everything that I've said. I know I must have looked like a twit but I was just surprised since I was waiting for my father to come here charging and scolding me. I didn't expect for anyone but him to enter the room.” she managed to say. “Well, I did meant it when I called you young though.” she couldn't help to add.

“Aren't you a little older for your father to come here and tell you off?” the nurse said, as she ignored the slightly flirtatious comment, never losing her focus on what she was doing.

“Tell him that yourself.” Moonbyul mumbled, thinking about how she was sure her father would listen more to one of his employees than to his stubborn and rebellious daughter.

That was one of the things that angered her the most because, how in the world could her father even consider her rebelllious? She was studying something he wanted, she was doing it in the years she was supposed to, she didn't usually get in much trouble. But it didn't seem enough for him to be happy. It just never seemed to be enough, no matter how hard she tried, no matter how much she worked to be an adult he could be proud of.

There had been so many times Moonbyul had wished for her parents to just drop whatever expectation they have for her and accept her just the way she was. She knew for a fact she had took so much time finding who she was because of how much she cared about what her parents thought of her. She knew she had achieved to not care to some extent, but she also knew there was so much work to do yet.

“Pardon? What did you say?” the nurse asked confused.

“Nothing.” Moonbyul quickly replied. She was enjoying the anonymity; if this nurse didn't know who she was she didn't see the point in telling her.

“Okay so this is all.” the nurse said, as she finished bandaging the wound. “Have you had stitches before? I will tell you how you should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter