Four

Infinity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul POV

Moonbyul kept looking at her bedroom's ceiling as if it held the answers to all her questions. It had been two weeks since she had been at the hospital with a goddess sewing up her wound, and now that it was time to come back she wasn't prepare to see her again at all. So that's why she refused to get up from her bed, because despite what others said, she DID think that her bed could be the panacea.

It was a sacred place for her, someone could said she was a bit paranoid, but she took care of her bed like how she looked after her dogs. It was THAT important, and the reason why she hated when someone dared to sit in it with the same clothes they had worn when they were out at the street. So when the two youngers came storming her room, crashing her bed just to annoy her she was ready to put up a fight.

“I CAN'T believe the two of you!” se tried to make herself heard between the shouts of her best friends. 

After a little fight, moving around to see where each one of them stayed she ended up at the middle of her bed, the two younger girls bundled up at each side of her. She had never felt more like a burrito in all her life; she couldn't even move any part of her body that wasn't her face. If they intention was to trap her, they had achieved it.

“You're so grumpy when you wake up!” Wheein complained.

“You know how much I hate when people sit on my bed with their street clothes.” Moonbyul whined.“Plus, I've been up for a while now.”

“Unnie, grow up, Yongsun-ssi won't like you if she finds out what a pain in the you are.” Hyejin said rolling her eyes.

“So why didn't you get up from the bed?” Wheein asked curious.

“Don't make me say it.” Moonbyul hissed.

“Okay, jeez. But let us know when you stop being this grumpy, it has been like this all week.” the shorter girl said, making a move to get up from the bed.

“Wait!” the medical student said, trying for her friend not to move by pushing her with her chin; she didn't really have nothing else to move. She wouldn't admit it but it was nice to have their friend's presence like this, she could feel her support just from their embrace. “I have to go to the hospital today so they can remove the stitches and I don't want to go.” she finally said when fer friend looked at her quiestioningly.

“No Shelock.” Hyejin said almost laughing.

Moonbyul huffed.

“Hyejin, could you reduce your sass at least for one minute please?”

“She's right, you're not helping at all.”

That shut her up. There was noone Hyejin listened more in the world than to her friend Jung Whee In, and if she had said she had going too far, then she believed that was right. They had always been like that.

“Okay, but why are you so nervous though, it's not like you're going there to declare your love for her when you've only seen her once.” Hyejin said, trying to help as she was feeling like an a litte.

Silence filled the room.

“You're not, right unnie?!” Wheein exclaimed alarmed at her silence.

“I'm not, I'm not, I swear!” Moonbyul said. “It's not like I have thought about how it would be if I say I like her and invited her to go out.”

Wheein and Hyejin both grunted in frustration.

“Unnie, you always do this.” Wheein complained.

“Do what?” the older asked, feeling a little bit defensive.

“I'm gonna explain this super easy for you.” Hyejin said, getting up in order to make a point. She wanted her friend to really understand what she was going to say and she needed her gestures to portray her thoughts. “Here's Moonbyul, and here's a girl who likes her and shows interest in her, someone that hasn't been exactly her friend but who isn't a stranger either.” She said, raising her left hand to show an invisible Moonbyul. She then proceeded to lift up her ritght hand. “And there's Moonbyul and another beautiful girl who she had just met and whom is impossible to obtain because, among other things, she works for her father.” she put her hands together. “So can someone in the public tell me what she's going to choose?”

“Me, me!” Wheein said, raising her hand excited.

“This is gettting ridiculous.” the oldest complained.

“She'll choose the unobtainable girl.” the dimple-girl said, not minding her friend.

“You're absolutely right, young lady.” Hyejin said, pointing her finger in Wheein's direction. “Because every time, every damn time that someone shows the slightest interest in you some other random girl appears out of nowhere for you to idealise her and make her an excuse to not say yes to the frist girl and go for the real thing.” she finished.

“Wait, what?” Moonbyul asked confused.

“She's right unnie, you always do the same. Now that you have seen Yongsun-ssi you are going to complaint about how perfect she is, puting her on some kind of pedestal and then you're going to end up doing nothig to persue her, whilst you could be giving Yooa a chance.” Wheein said, looking her at the eyes kindly. 

“What does Yooa have to do with any of this?” she was starting to get angry with her friends again.

Hyejin, seeing this, took a seat at the end of the bed, placing a conforting hand on her friend's knee.

“Look, unnie, don't take this the wrong way. We're just trying to help you.” she said softly. “Remember what happened with Dahee-unnie, or Krystal?”

And she remembered even when it hurt.

That names were what she needed to realize what they friends were trying to tell her, and all her anger vanished. Was it true? Where all this crushes just an excuse when someone showed some kind of interest in her?

Krystal, Lee Dahee; she had had a huge crush in both of them, but she had done nothing about it at that time. She just waited until she didn't like them anymore, time could cure everything and she kept believing she was the one in control of her head. And heart. But was she?

She couldn't deny it was true those crushes had come at a time when some other girl she felt nothing about had asked her out, but she had always brushed it off as a coincidence. 

“Are you trying to say I'm sabotaging my own love life?” Moonbyul asked skeptical.

Wheein and Hyejind both noded in unision.

“It's funny, you don't even need an enemy.”

The oldest, taking advantage from the absence of Hyejin at her side got up and began pacing the room.

Could she say Kim Yongsun was an exception? No, she couldn't. She had done with her what she always did when she had a crush, she had begun to like her when she knew NOTHING about her, just one look, some silly jokes, and the innocent comment of her friend about how the nurse had been checking her out. Nothing less, nothing more. And from that, she had built an entire fantasy in her head.

About how good they would look together, about how nice it would be to watch movies with her, how she would make her laugh with silly jokes... She shook her head.

It angered her to admit that her friends were right, that this had all happened before and the fact that she couldn't tell this new girl wasn't an exception. And she had let all this get in her head and made her loss time thinking about the what if's for almost a week, being grumpy with the people she cared about the most and feeling off-centered. How could she let things affect her so much? She was getting angry again, but now at herself.

And still somethin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter