Stay with me

Light In The Hallway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's live like we're immortal
maybe just for tonight
we'll think about tomorrow 
when the sun comes up"

/9/ Stay with me 

"Why are you still awake at this hour? Does something happened? Everything alright?"

"Yerin–"

Sowon quickly wiped her stained face and look at Yerin, trying to gain her composure in front of the younger. While Sinb who was shocked at Yerin's entrance tried to hide her face by shoving herself to Sowon's chest.

"Are you crying?" Yerin squinted her eyes to look at the two better. Yerin sleepiness had gone away and now was fully aware of her surroundings. She stepped outside and walked over them. Her gaze turned to Sinb who was being clingy to Sowon and immediately noticed her quiet sobs.

"Yeah, s-she got a nightmare. So we came here to get some fresh air."

Sinb was still in Sowon's embrace and she doesn't seem to let go soon so Sowon needs to make an excuse. Yerin doesn't seem to hear their conversation and so now they need something to cover things up for them. And what more she can think of was Sinb's reoccurring nightmares, which Yerin was actually aware of.

Yerin's was doubtful but her worry about Sinb kick in first. She looked at how Sowon pat Sinb's back and whispered something to soothe the younger. Her expression immediately softens at the scene.

"Is she alright?" She mouthed to Sowon when their eyes met. Knowing the maknae's personality, she doesn't want to worry others so she asked her unnie as quiet as possible. The young leader gave a small nod and smile at Yerin, reassuring her.

"Is that so? But it's cold here, should we go inside? I'll make us some warm milk and maybe we can talk together." Yerin offered, rubbing her arms as she felt the coldness of the night.

"Thank you, Yerin. But I think what we all need is rest. You can go now first, I will take care of little Eunbi." Sowon said with firmness in her voice, hinting Yerin to leave them alone. Yerin was taken aback by this but she quickly got it and nod. She gave Sowon a knowing look that only both of them understands. They have formed a bond after all of the years they shared together and it was useful every time.

"Are you sure?"

Sowon nodded, "We will follow in a bit."

Yerin cast a look on Sinb one more time and turned away. Something was definitely going on but she doesn't want to interfere. She trusts Sowon more than anyone else and deep inside her heart, she knew that Sowon has a good reason why she acted that way. She decided to go back to sleep, she'll think about this tomorrow.

"She already left, Eunbi. It's okay now." Sowon said in a soft voice, patting the younger. But Sinb didn't even move in her position.

"Eunbi-ah, c'mon... you'll catch a cold here."

Sinb just hummed and continued to enjoy Sowon's warmth. She always feels safe in her unnie's arms and she would give anything just to feel it every single day.

"I see, you're comfortable at my..." Sowon teased, making Sinb get up with a hot flush on her face.

"It's not! That's not even b-big!"

The young leader just chuckled and hold her hands, "All right. Whatever you say~"

Sinb get up and looked at everything else except her unnie. She's embarrassed about being too clingy. She was about to step forward when she felt Sowon was not following her. That's when she looked at her.

"Would you help me?" Sowon asked in almost a whisper. Her legs still felt weak and she struggled to get up after she tried standing up with her own.

Sinb gladly helped her, "Does something hurt?" she asked as they walked together

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter