Believe

Light In The Hallway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Suddenly you're ripped
into being alive.
And life is pain,
and life is suffering,
and life is horror,
but my god you're alive
and it's spectacular."

/10/ Believe

Morning is a special time of day. The day is all fresh and new. All the opportunities are there, so much hope in those few hours when almost anything can still happen. Every morning is a new chance to live, to love, a new opportunity to try something new, something grand, something seemingly insignificant, but at the end much larger than it might seem.

Sowon woke up from her sleep as streaks of sunlight hit her face. She raised her one hand and block the light, rubbing her eyes and letting her consciousness wash her sleepiness. For the first time in months, she got a decent sleep and she feels great about it. Last night was probably one of the most peaceful sleep she got after she's been diagnosed and she can't be more thankful for that. She sat up and about to stand when she felt a pressure on her waist, she looked down and saw someone's hand around her body. A small smile painted her face when she saw SinB sleeping on her side. She caresses the younger girl's hair, and her mind flies back to their conversation last night.

"Stay with me, unnie... I love you."

Her hand moved at Sinb's soft cheeks, caressing it gently. Sinb's words keep repeating on her head. Those words make her heart flutter. It was a small reminder that she's still needed. There are still reasons to keep going, to keep moving forward.

The younger was still in deep slumber, snuggling closer to Sowon as she tightened her embrace. Sowon chuckled at her cuteness, "Thank you for trusting me, Bi." She whispered in a soft voice, not wanting to wake up the younger. She pokes her cheek several times and eventually turned into light pinches.

SinB scrunched her eyebrows and pouted her lips unconsciously, her hand moved to her face and hold Sowon's hand as she continued her sleep. The young leader let out a soft giggle.

"Cute."

Sowon looked at the clock near the bed, it was 6 am in the morning. Still early, but she needs to get up and take her medicines. She leaned down and kissed SinB's temple and removed her hand from her waist, she releases her other hand from her own then crawled out from the bed carefully.

Sinb shifted from her position, finding her source of warmth, so Sowon quickly takes a plushy beside and put it under her hand. A smile plastered on her face when she saw Sinb hugging the plushy tightly, she kisses the younger girl's forehead and walked out from the room.

She crossed the living room and entered her room, where she found her roommate still asleep on her cozy bed. Yerin's arms were spread out and her blanket was untidy. Sowon giggled at the sight and walked over to fix the younger. Sowon then makes her way to the bathroom and started fixing herself. She took time to do what she needs, they all had a long night after all.

Today is the last day of their supposed to be vacation. The other girls will be home later that day so she's thinking of having a little party. She probably needs the help of Yerin and Sinb but she'll think of that after preparing them a good breakfast.

"Yerin..." Sowon shrugs her, trying to wake her up gently. Yerin opened her eyes and immediately gave her eye smile after seeing her unnie's face.

"Good morning my beautiful unnie~"

Sowon chuckled, "Get up now, princess. I'll make you breakfast today." She said, leaning down and kisses Yerin's temple.

"Really?!" Yerin sat upright, throwing her blanket away, and rushed over the bathroom.

"Slow down! Aish– this kid." She shakes her head, chuckling as she fixes Yerin's bed that had been forgotten for a minute.

Sowon makes herself busy in the kitchen. She made a simple breakfast, homemade pancakes, bacon, scrambled eggs, and cups of hot chocolate for her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter