Fallen

Light In The Hallway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Tell me things
you never said out loud
Just try and go there if you can
Show me the parts of you
-you're not that proud of
I want to know I'm just a man."

/8/ Fallen

Sinb knew that at one point in our lives, we will have to stop relying on the comfort of other people. They will not always be there. We all have to learn how to be brave, how to fight alone. Because their lights won't shine to guide us forever.

But it was not easy to take. It's hard to swallow the thought of someone leaving you, and accept the fact that they may not come back again. How could you stop relying on the comfort of someone you cared about?

Sowon had been with Sinb since the beginning. Ever since Sinb was young, she followed Sowon's lead, she basically watched her grow up, from an immature teenager to a talented fine lady that she is now. And even though Sinb was scared of many things, she knew she had her Sojung unnie guiding her, being by her side every step of the way.

So how can she accept that her precious leader unnie will leave her soon? No, she doesn't want to imagine such things.

When Sunji told her the truth, she felt this anger inside her, thinking about how could Sowon hide a very important matter from them. She hated Sowon for making such a decision, to leave without telling them the truth, considering all they had been through. They were supposed to face this battle together, because that's what they oath to each other, a promise they all vowed to keep, to walk side by side until the end.

But the truth was, deep inside she was scared, afraid, and terrified of losing her unnie. Sinb felt helpless and useless enough on the incident that happened at the university festival, she's there but couldn't do anything to eased Sowon's pain.

She wants to help, to be there for Sowon. Yet she couldn't even make herself talk to Sowon now. How could she face her unnie after knowing all of these?

It was in the middle of the night and Sinb can't still bring herself to sleep. She's been wide awake since she came into her shared room with Umji. And being alone without someone to talk to did not help at all. If only her best friend was there with her, maybe she can calm her anxieties down.

She decided to go out and make herself a warm cup of milk, hoping that could help her. The young girl silently made her way through the kitchen and found the things she needed to make at least a decent drink for herself.

"Aish, just what are you doing,  Hwang Eunbi?" She scolded herself when she accidentally messed up putting some sugar on the cup.

She was about to go back to her room after finishing her milk when she noticed the door of the veranda, wide open. The cold wind entering the dorm, making her shiver. She walks through the door and was about to close it when she realized that someone was standing outside.

Sinb doesn't need to walk closer to know that it is her eldest unnie. Her tall figure and long beautiful hair dancing with the wind were enough to recognize Sowon. She stared at her beauty, the moon shining above her was emphasizing her flawless features. She was wearing a long nightgown and her hair was untied. And though she's not trying, Sowon was effortlessly stunning.

The young leader doesn't seem to notice Sinb's presence. She was just staring at the night sky as if she's waiting for something as if she's one of the stars above. She had this serene expression on her face, and it makes Sinb's fears calm down for a second.

Sinb was about to retreat when she saw Sowon stepping out of the railings. She got alarmed by this, thinking Sowon will jump out the building. She rushed over and pull Sowon by her waists, making them fell on the cold ground.

"What the hell are you doing, unnie?!" Sinb said half screaming, Sowon was on top of her. Still in shock after pulling her down.

"Eunbi," She muttered, eyes wide shock. She stumbled upon getting up from Sinb's em

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter