Questions

Light In The Hallway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You won't need me forever
But I'll still be here.

/1/ Questions

The spacious room seems smaller now, the tension thickens as Sowon and the young manager argue. The young leader stands between SinB and Joon, preventing the older to hurt SinB in any form.

“You should have known better, Sojung! Don't tolerate their wrong actions!” The manager shouted, looking at Sowon with piercing eyes. The girls flinched, scared of what their manager could do, but Sowon was unafraid, eager to protect the younger girls.

“And you, ” He turns to SinB. “It is prohibited to drink alcohol at the company premises and moreover not between your training hours. What's gotten on your mind Hwang Eunbi?”

SinB just lowered her head after hearing her manager's words. She knows that whatever she will do and say will be put up against her and her unnies so she chose to be silent.

“For goodness sake, Oppa. Listen–it’s not alcohol. How can we enter an alcoholic drink here in the first place? We can’t even buy ourselves decent food!” Sowon opposed, keeping SinB behind her back.

"I-it also our fault, Oppa... not just Sinb."

Joon heaved a sigh, looking at their faces. “Okay, let’s just say it isn't. But it is still against the policies. You are not supposed to take any of the drinks that are not allowed by the management. You've broken the rules–again.”

The girls understood what Joon had said. They’re still at fault at a certain point but that doesn't mean that he's right.

"I will t–" Sowon did not finish what she's about to say when SinB stepped forward.

Sinb looked at Joon, "L-let me take the responsibility, o-Oppa. I a-am sorry. I'm the one who brings those." She apologized, stuttering.

Sowon stared at the younger girl, amused, she's proud of the younger having the guts to admit her fault but at the same time, she's worried at the consequences.

“Well then, Hwang Eunbi.” The young manager looked at the girls. "You will be grounded for a week. I will also add three more training hours.” SinB looked up, speechless. That’s beyond what she actually did!

“B-but we’re off for the upcoming week!” Umji exclaimed, voicing out the other's thoughts who are also surprised by what Joon stated.

“That’s the point,” Joon told, nonchalant. That means that they won't get the vacation they’ve been waiting for months. The young man doesn’t want to take the issue bigger, but as the manager, he should take action to discipline the group.

"But–"  Sowon said in disbelief, catching her breath.

"–But what, Sowon? You should have known better. You're the leader of the group yet you can't control your members!?" Joon can't control himself anymore and just said those things without thinking. "Take the consequences of your wrong decisions." He added, shaking his head out of disappointment.

Sowon stood still as she felt a familiar pain in her chest. "Not now please..." She thought, trying to endure the pain. She cannot respond right away because she knew her capabilities as a leader. She is weak and she is not suitable to be in the position. That's what she imprinted on her mind. Sowon scolded herself. Her thoughts are making her drowsy and the pain is slowly creeping in.

"Then let me take the responsibility. It's my fault, I didn't... check them." Sowon looked at the girls one by one, then to Joon, she decided. "I am sorry. Let me take the punishment instead. I will work harder. Let the girls get the vacation they deserve." The girls looked at Sowon in disbelief, worry ran all over them.

Sinb noticed Sowon's unstable breathing so she held her unnie's hand tighter. As much as she wants to yell at her unnie and tell her that they should face this together, that would just add fire to the situation. She should trust her unnie on this. She should remember that Sowon doesn't let them down.

The young manager scoffed. "Let's talk about that later, Kim Sojung." He was unimpressed. The girls became more alert after hearing that. That doesn't sound good. "Go to the president's office after practice." Joon walked away but stopped in the middle and gave a quick glance to the girls, "We're not yet done. So better fix yourselves." The members kept silent until Joon stepped out of the room.

"Sowon unnie, are you alright?" Sinb asks the young leader as soon as Joon is out of sight.

But before the Sowon can respond, a pair of arms wrapped around her. "We're sorry, unnie..."

The young leader just returned the hugs and kissed the crown of their heads. The girls smiled, she never failed to calm the girls with just her warm gestures.

Sowon looked at them and gave her the sweetest smile, "It's okay. Don't worry too much, kids. This too shall pass."

__

After hours of dancing, the girls rested a bit. The practice that morning was long and tiring, everyone was exhausted. During normal days, the room is filled with laughs and teasing, but it's different now. The girls knew the depth of what happened earlier.

Sowon stands up and gives each of the girls bottled waters. "Here," she said while passing it to everyone.

"Drink first then have a little break. After that, go home. I'll be calling the driver to pick you up."

"What about you, unnie?" Umji asked after receiving the bottled water from Sowon. She notices that Sowon's hand is trembling, maybe from over practice?

"I'll be heading to the office." The older said while avoiding their stares.

"Oh–" Umji uttered after realizing what her unnie means. "Can... can we go too?"

"No." She looked at the maknae wearing a serious face, "You can go home first. Rest early."

"But," Umji stuttered. She looks at her unnies, seeking for help. Eunha being the observant unnie that she is, acknowledged it.

"Sowonie, don't you think it's good if we all go?" She as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter