Falling Out

Light In The Hallway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hold me in your arms,
The way you did last night.
And we'll lie inside,
A little while she wrote.
I could look into your eyes,
until the sun comes up.
And we're wrapped in light,
In life, in love."

/13/ Falling Out 

"Do you really need to go now, unnie? Alone?"

"I'm sorry, Yerin." The leader reached out to Yerin's hand. "I really have to go now."  She said softly, her eyes telling how sorry she was for worrying the younger.

"Can't you wait until our schedules are over? We can join you after that." Yerin insisted, she doesn't want to let Sowon go by herself. Not now when she knew that her unnie's emotional state was unstable. She wanted to be there by her side.

"Yerin-ah...please." Sowon lightly squeezed Yerin's hand and pleaded with her eyes.

"Okay, I understand. But will you just let me know where are you going?"

Sowon closed her eyes and breathe out, "I'm going to meet someone in the hospital. I can't tell you who, but I promise you, I'm going to be alright. You don't need to worry. I'll message you after."

Yerin looked up and saw the glint of sadness in Sowon's eyes. She knew Sowon will go to the hospital, of course, she heard it from Sohyun, why would the older lie about her sister. Yerin blinked, "Who and why do you need to meet someone in the hospital?"

"Yerin... I–" Sowon stopped herself, it doesn't need to be now. "Just a friend. I consulted him last time and he got the answers now." She heaved a sigh, she needs to tell something to the younger to ease her mind, and besides, she doesn't want to lie anymore, but she doesn't need to tell the truth now either. 

Sowon words, confirmed Yerin's thoughts, "I know you're hiding more than what I saw last night... but– I understand. I will wait for you, unnie. "

"Thank you, Yennie. I just need to settle one thing tonight... please–wait for me." Sowon pulled Yerin for a hug and bid her goodbye. 

"Wait, one more thing unnie," 

Sowon looked back at her with questioning eyes, "Is there a problem, Yerin-ah?"

"I need to know," She started slowly and looked at Sowon straight in the eyes. "Does Sinb knew everything?"

 

"Unnie! Yerin unnie!" 

The commotion backstage had brought Yerin back to reality. She's too occupied with her last conversation with Sowon that she didn't notice her own surroundings. Eunha was calling her name numerous times, she absentmindedly turned around to face the younger. 

"Yerin unnie, are you even listening?" Eunha said frowning. She looked pissed, hands resting on her hips while looking at Yerin.

"I'm sorry. What are you saying again?" She scratched her cheek and smiled sheepishly.

"Where's Sowon unnie?" Umji asked, "I saw you were talking to her a while ago, did she tell you where she went?"

"Is she okay?" The maknae added. Yerin opened her lips, trying to blurt out an answer when Yuju threw one more question.

"Why didn't she told us she's not going with us? She just left all of a sudden." 

Yerin became stiff after hearing her dongsaengs questions. She doesn't know either on where Sowon really went, and God knows how she wants to follow her unnie right now, but she promised the young leader that she will take responsibility for the remaining schedule today. So instead, she stands a little straighter, breath a handful of air, turned to the girls with a small smile, and say, "She has something important to take care of. It's a sudden schedule so she didn't get to tell us right away."

"More important than our comeback preparations?" Yuju blurted out, the look on her face says a lot that she's not pleased. "It is crucial to do something else aside from the group activities. We needed her the most during these times. What is she taking care of?"

Yerin looked at her, she wanted to tell Yuju the truth, that she's also uncertain of what's really going on, "That's because she ne–" 

"–yes, it is more important. More important than this . " Sinb sneered, still wearing her usual blank face. "You obviously don't know what are you talking about, Yuju unnie."

"That's why I am asking, Sinb-ah."

"Then don't tell such things to Sowon unnie. You don't know what she's going through. She doesn't need to be here and take care of us all the time. Let her be."

"That's not what I mean–"

Yerin looked at Sinb, who was out of kilter like she was since their leader left. She understands the younger, they are all naive, they always depend on Sowon, always finding Sowon's guidance. Yerin sighed, maybe that is also why Sowon chose to hide her burdens from them. Yerin and Sinb made eye contact, reading each other. Yerin breaks it first then look at the other confused faces, this situation is slowly turning into a mess. Sowon would not be happy.

"What the hell is going on?" Eunha interfered, her voiced raised. "You think we didn't notice the exchange of glances between you two?"

Yerin tried hard not to show any reaction. "Sowon unnie just need to attend something outside the group activities. We also had personal schedules sometimes. Why are you making such a big fuss about this?" 

"Because it's obvious!" Eunha exclaimed, getting pissed that Yerin and Sinb were keeping secrets from them. "You guys are hiding something from us!"

"–unnie, calm down." Umji held Eunha's arm, stopping her from finishing her words.

Eunha sighed, she looked at the other Eunbi, who was nonchalantly staring at her. This whole conversation needs to make sense now.

"I understand Sowon unnie tends to keep secrets from us because of her responsibilities as the leader, but this is too much."

"What are you talking about, Eunha?" Yerin's brow wrinkled as she tries to process Eunha's words.

"I accidentally heard your conversation a while ago with Sowon unnie, Sinb." Eunha said in a low tone.

Sinb dropped her act and looked at Eunha with questioning eyes. "What the hell, unnie? How dare you invade our private space?"

"That's not the point! You hide it from us! From us–" she emphasized. "Your members. Your own family!"

Sinb stepped forward and faced Eunha, "Don't Tell such words when you don't know what really happened, unnie."

"Wait wait wait," Yuju stands in between Eunha and Sinb, pushing Sinb a little. "Calm down the two of you. What's really the problem here?"

"Asked that little traitor," Eunha hissed under her breath. Umji pulled Eunha by her side and hold her one hand, trying to calm her down.

"Hwang Eunbi," Yerin called in a low voice. "Tell us, what did Eunha hear?"

Sinb looked away, trying to avoid Yerin's question. She saw the other girls in her peripheral vision, they are all staring at her intently. She promised Sowon not to tell anybody about her condition and she doesn't want to break her unnie's trust. But the people around her were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter