Army of Angels

Light In The Hallway
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Can you hear our voices?
You are not alone.
We are here for you.
Please hold on
a little longer."

/20/ Army of Angels

"I want to quit the group."

The girls are in the backstage, waiting for the show to start when Sinb muttered those words. It was a silent wish, an impossible favour on the wind but Eunha caught her words. The older scooted closer to Sinb and looked at her with knowing eyes.

"W-what are you saying, Sinb?" The younger did not look up, staying her head low as she repeats her words.

"I want to quit the group." This time, the members heard her.

They exchange worried looks as they walked closer to the two Eunbi. Yerin studied the younger. She has always known that the younger is closer to their leader more than anyone else. It is not surprising that Sinb thinks that way, because, at the back of their minds, they are all wanting to quit from the group too.

"I want to be there for Sowon unnie," Sinb said as she looked up to greet the eyes of her worried unnies.

"E-eunbi..." The maknae called, stuttering.

The other Eunbi held Sinb's hand on hers and stared at her brown orbs that are drenched of worry and sadness.

"You can always be there for Sowonie. You don't need to leave the group, Eunbi-ah. She will understand." Eunha said with her softest voice, not wanting to overwhelm the younger. She understands well on why Sinb thought of that, for she too wants to have a longer time for Sowon. But she can't–they can't.

"I want to be by her side on every step. We may not have another time to be there for her. You also know that, unnie. She's... dying." A tear escaped Sinb's eyes as she said those words.

Umji looked the other way and wiped her tears. She cannot understand why the world seems so unfair. All they want is to be complete as a family, to be happy, to perform, to walk together. Is everything happens for a reason?

"I know." Eunha said, "But we cannot just leave the group, Eunbi. You, in all of us, knew that better. We can't just leave even if want to." She pulled the younger for a hug and caressed her hair. "You need to be strong, Eunbi."

Sinb let herself collapse on Eunha's hug, and later on, she felt more pair of arms wrapped around her. She felt selfish for saying those words. She knows that she is not the only one suffering. She sobs, "I am sorry..."

"We understand, Eunbi," Yuju whispered as she felt the warmness of their hugs. "We may not always be with Sowon unnie, but we will find a way. We will find the time. Together." Sinb nodded her head. She felt more than grateful to met these kind-hearted people.

"We all want to stay by her side. But we can't leave the group. This is Sowon unnie's source of strength. This is her family–us, the people around us, our buddies... we can't let it go." Yerin said as she tightens the hug.

They felt the staffs surround them and joined the group hug. They may not be complete, the odds may not be in their favour, and they may not know the battle they're going to face, but they are not alone in this fight. An army of angels is ready to catch them when they fall.

_____


The showcase just ended with joy and cheers. The girls bow down, holding each other's hand. Despite the absence of their pillar, the girls still showed grace and professionalism on stage. Now, their standing hand on hand in front of hundreds of buddies scared on how they will tell the news on their beloved family.

"Buddy..." Yuju's voice rang in every corner of the auditorium. The voices faded as the tension inside the hall starts to rise.

"Maybe some of you are wondering why Sowon unnie is not here with us today..." Yuju kept her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter