021

Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehee could feel her pulse racing madly, she thought her heart would burst through her ribcage anytime when she woke up to find herself in somewhere unfamiliar., sleeping on a foreign bed. Her clothes have been changed out and she is wearing an oversized tee that she could recognise it's not from her closet. Where the hell is she?

"Oh! Good morning!"

Jongin walked out of the bathroom in a bathrobe and a towel over his wet hair. Taehee was stupefied to see that guy but a part of her was thankful that it wasn't someone that she doesn't know. 

"What happened last night?" 

Taehee asked, her heart feeling uneasy. How much did she drink exactly to lose all her memory from last night? She remembered she was knocked out and that's it. And why is she wearing Jongin's clothes instead of her own?

Jongin leaned towards the girl, towering above her, trapping her with his arms and his hands resting on the soft material. His face was so close that Taehee could smell the shampoo from his hair. The girl leaned back instinctively. This is scaring her, what the hell is Jongin doing?

"Aww, you really don't remember what happened last night?"

Taehee shook her head, throat tightened.

"That's such a pity, we had such a great time. You were so...good."

Colour drained from Taehee's face and her eyes enlarged in horror. She was screaming inside but her voice was numb with shock. Did they sleep together? Holy , if that really happened, what makes her different from Oh Sehun the cheater?

"We had ?" Taehee exclaimed. Why doesn't she have a single bit of recollection of it? Furthermore, she didn't feel any pain below.

Suddenly, Jongin burst out laughing as he took a step away from the dumbfounded girl, "I was just playing with you! Look at your horrified face!"

Taehee grabbed the nearest pillow and flung it towards Jongin's direction. Thankfully nothing happened, if not she wouldn't know how to face him in the future. Her friendship with Jongin is too precious for her to ruin it by crossing out of the "friend zone". 

"Don't worry, nothing happened. I brought you back to my apartment because it is nearer from the club. Also, I didn't change your clothes, my neighbour did. Gosh, you vomited all over your clothes. So I had to ask her for help. Lastly, I slept on the couch last night, in case you wondering. Any more question, Ms Interrogator?"

Taehee looked away, abashed for her appalling behaviour and for troubling the others to take care of her last night. Sh was immensely grateful to have a friend like Jongin, who is a superb listener, her rubbish bin and also a man with wise words. 

"Next time don't drink so much if you can't, okay?"

And he is caring as well, Taehee smiled.

Jongin paused when there was no reply from the girl. He then realised that Taehee has been staring at him for an uncomfortable frame of time. He raised his brows at her, "What are you staring at? Are you falling in love with me? Don't fall in love me, Oh Taehee. I am not interested in you."

Taehee flung the remaining pillow on the bed while Jongin scurried away with hysterical laughter. 

"Dream on, Kim Jongin!"

 

When Taehee finally freshened up and left Jongin's room in her newly-washed clothes, she saw another guest in the living room. It's awkward because she has never seen her before. But she got to say, that girl has got a pretty face. Taehee grew up hearing compliments about her looks and she bet this girl must have gotten a dozen of compliments too. Her chestnut-brown hair framed nicely against her porcelain face, and her sparkling eyes turned into crescents when she smiled at her. 

"Hello," The girl bowed, "Are you feeling better? Does your head hurt?"

"Oh! You are the neighbour that Jongin mentioned! Y-Yeah, just a minor headache. I am surprised, considering how much I drank. Gosh, sorry about last night. I must have made a fool out of myself."

The girl giggled and Taehee just realised that she was rambling like an idiot. As usual, Taehee tends to be more nervous around new people who she meets outside of work. Luckily, Jongin joined the girls shortly and he put a glass of water and a pill in front of Taehee for her headache.

"Take it, you will feel better afterwards."

"So mind introducing?"

"Right, this is Taehee, the mess from last night. And this is Soojung, the neighbour who helped with the mess."

"Shut up, Kim Jongin," Taehee rolled her eyes before turned to Soojung with a friendly look, "Hi, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you! I have heard a lot about you from Jongin."

"The good stuff or the bad stuff?"

Soojung chuckled.

"The good stuff okay," Jongin cut in, with his mouth filled with food, "Oh Taehee doesn't have any flaws, except that she drinks beyond her limit."

"Okay, you are not going to get over that, aren't you?" Taehee threw her arms in the air and sighed in despair. 

"Nope!"

 

Soojung was washing the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter