034

Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Look at this."

Taehee, who was busy eating her ice-cream, looked up as she was curious what her friend intended to show her. She almost dropped her spoon when she snatched the black and white photo from Soojung's hand. Covering and eyes widened, Taehee gasped. 

"Holy ! You are..."

"Yes I am pregnant, Taehee."

The other customers seated around the girls turned towards their direction when Taehee screamed in excitement. Her ice-cream was long forgotten.

"When did you find out?"

"Yesterday. It's 6 weeks-old already," Soojung smiled, rubbing her womb in pure happiness, "But you are the first person to know. I haven't told Jongin."

Taehee couldn't take her eyes off the ultrasound, face radiating in joy. Jongin and Soojung are going to have a cute baby, just like Sehun and her.

"And I thought Jongin was just kidding when he said you guys are trying for a baby! Holy !" 

"Well it's not like we are trying for one intentionally, it just happened because we don't actually use any protection. We leave it to god's will. But I feel uncertain about this, afterall Jongin and I aren't married. He hasn't even proposed..."

Soojung was visibly frustrated and Taehee could empathise with her because she had her own share of insecurity and worries when she first knew that she was pregnant. 

"You need to talk to Jongin about it. I am sure Jongin will be responsible and he will be elated to know that you are carrying his baby!"

"I don't want him to feel obligated to marry me just because I am pregnant, you get what I mean?"

Taehee flicked Soojung's forehead and chuckled, "You are thinking too much. Everyone can tell that Jongin loves you like mad, whether you are pregnant or not, Jongin will still marry you anyway," She clasped her hands together in satisfaction, "Our babies can be playmates!!"

"Please, Taehee, you are less than a month away from your due date, while there is still a long way to go for mine."

Taehee is in her 8th month of pregnancy and each day, her stomach just grows bigger and bigger, which limits her movements because her legs and back get sore easily. Even something as simple as walking to the kitchen to get water has become a chore to her. Whenever she is in a better condition to get out of the house to get some fresh air, she would, as it's really boring to stay at home all day long. When Soojung suggested to go for ice-cream near her place, Taehee couldn't be more than thankful for her company. 

As Taehee is getting close to her due date, Sehun had try talking to her to move into his apartment for the time being so he can watch over her and even if he isn't around, the babysitter could help look after her too, but Taehee being as stubborn as she is, refused to move in and assured that she will be fine. She even got into a fight with Sehun because of that and that day is just like a nightmare to Taehee.

"Come on, love, will you just move in?"

"Why are you so persistent? I can take care of myself."

"I am worried about your safety and what if you fall and no one knows! For the sake of our baby, would you just listen to me?"

"No, I am not going to listen to you. Stop pushing your opinions down my throat."

"Okay, fine. Then I am washing my hands off your matter."

That night, it was their first fight after reconciliation and Sehun has never slammed the door close right at her face before. She was shaking so badly and her tears wouldn't stop flowing. Was she too much? She knows that Sehun's intention meant well and he made that suggestion because he is protective of her and he wants to take care of her. That night, she couldn't sleep, knowing that she hasn't resolved their conflict. Likewise for Sehun. He felt horrible after that fight and he should have been more sensitive of her feelings. So he went to look for her at 3am, apologising to her and begging her for her forgiveness. Taehee also apologised for being unreasonable and in the end, they both had a mindblowing make-up that night.

"If this is how our make-up is gonna be like, I volunteer to fight with you everyday, love."

"I hate fighting with you. Please don't even think that's a great idea. We can have anytime but please, no fights please. It's terrifying."

"I am sorry, Taehee. My words were too harsh. You don't know how much I love you. It drives me crazy knowing that you are pregnant but you wouldn't allow me to keep an eye on you."

"I am sorry too, Sehun. I was in the wrong too."

"Shhh, baby, let's stop saying sorry to each other, shall we?"

Even so, Taehee still didn't move out of her apartment so Sehun decided to be a leach and move into her apartment instead, uninvited. Well technically, Sehun isn't a leach because he paid for the apartment. Not just him, he has brought Yeri along too. Taehee was speechless by how thick-skinned Sehun is but she knows that there is no use stopping him anyway.

"Taehee, do think my baby is boy or a girl?"

Even though Soojung just knew that she is pregnant, Taehee could tell that her friend is super excited about her little bles

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter