032

Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeri doesn't like to be carried by strangers, Taehee is probably the only one who broke the record. So when she started fussing and crying in the arms Yujin's mum, Sehun wasn't surprised at all. It isn't Yeri's first time seeing her maternal grandparents but she didn't see them enough to be comfortable with them. Yujin's mum tried to pacify the baby but she would simply stick her arms out, reaching for her father who is sitting opposite her. In the end, Yujim's mum gave Yeri back to Sehun grumpily, because she didn't like the idea of her grand-daughter being so attached to her father. 

"Just because Yeri is more attached to you doesn't mean we will drop the lawsuit, Sehun. We can take care of Yeri better than you and provide a better environment for her."

What they mean by environment, Yujin's parents wasn't referring to her living conditions because they know Sehun is filthy rich, he can provide everything and anything for the baby girl and they have no doubts in that. They were talking about Yeri growing up in a single-parent family.

"If you guys are worried about leaving Yeri with me, you can rest a peace of mind because I got back together with Taehee and she would become Yeri's mother when we get married in the future."

Yujin's parents looked at each other in confusion. 

"Are you lying about that just to persuade us to withdraw from the lawsuit?"

"No, it's the truth."

Sehun was amused by Yujin's parents' impression of him. He knows that they hate him because of how he treated her daughter, but to think that he would go through such acts of deceit to keep Yeri by his side, that was out of the world. What kind of dramas have they been watching, Sehun can't help to wonder. His lawyer has reminded him to stay calm no matter what because going head-to-head with them would do him nothing good. It would only infuriate them further and not persuade them to drop the case. The main purpose of Sehun coming to visit Yujin's parents is to sit down and have a conversation with them, to assure that Yeri is in good hands living with him, so whatever nasty remarks they throw at him, he would close one eye to the comments.

"I have talked to Taehee and she doesn't have any issue raising Yeri with him."

Before Sehun brought that up to Yujin's parents, he made sure to get Taehee's consent to reveal their current relationship because once Yujin's parents know about the reconciliation of the divorced couple, there is no turning back. Because if they would to break up again and Sehun failed to fulfill his promises, Yujin's parents would not hesitate to take Yeri away from him again.

"You sure it's okay for me to tell them?"

"Yes, Sehun. Just tell them that I am going to be Yeri's mother eventually if they want to fight till the end."

"Is that an indirect way of telling me that you will marry me in the future?"

"Stop your nonsense, Oh Sehun. Don't make me take back my words."

"Thank you, love, for letting me do that. I want you to know that I am not using you for a better advantage at winning the lawsuit. I just... don't want to lose Yeri."

"I know, Sehun. Don't sweat on it. I understand. I don't want you to lose Yeri too. As a former lawyer, I have dealt with such cases before and you would definitely stand a higher chance at winning if you are able to provide a complete family for Yeri, so just tell them about us. I am cool about it."

"I love you so much, Taehee."

Taehee was right. His tactic is working as he could see their eyes wavering upon hearing that.

"You guys can visit Yeri anytime because afterall, you guys are her grandparents. I really don't want to settle this in court, it would do us better to just drop the case and talk about it within ourselves. Yeri has already lost her mother, she can't lose her father too. Rest assured that Taehee and I will take good care of Yeri."

Sehun is confident about that. Taehee is the best mother for Yeri and even though he is lacking, he will work hard to become a better father for his precious baby girl. All he needs right now is an approval from Yujin's parents. Suddenly, he felt lingering touch on his chin and he looked down to see his baby girl flashing a toothless grin at him, as if she could understand the words that he said to Yujin's parents.

Right then, Sehun's phone rang and his breath hitched and his heart seemed to stop beating for one second after hearing the bad news from Jongin. When he snapped out of his trance, his first instinct was to make his way to the hospital as soon as possible.

 

Taehee woke up to find herself in an unfamiliar setting. She remembered that she was still in the shop talking to Wendy and Jongin, what happened afterwards? How did she end up in the hospital?

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter