006

Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun has been contemplating, even though he was right outside Taehee’s place. What would her reaction be? He was definitely not welcomed and he doubted Taehee would be pleased to see him outside her house. But Yujin and his friends are right, he needs to be a man. But Taehee isn’t any other woman; she is the toughest girl he has ever met. Nonetheless, he went forward and pressed the doorbell, heart thumping at the thought of seeing Taehee’s face when she opened the door. However, instead of the girl he had in mind, it was someone else who opened the door. The middle-aged woman sent a questioning look to Sehun.

“Hi, you are…”

“Oh, my name is Oh Sehun. I attend the same school as Taehee. Is Taehee at home?”

The middle-aged woman was caught off guard. This is such a rare occurrence to her because, aside Yujin, she has never seen any other people hanging around Taehee. To have a guy making sudden visit at their place, it is definitely something new.

“Are you guys dating?”

Sehun was taken aback by how straightforward the older party was. It didn’t take him long to figure that this woman in front of him, sending him hostile gaze, is Taehee’s mother. They own the same pair of eyes – cold and emotionless.

“Oh no, we are not dating! We are just…” Sehun’s voice trailed off. What are they? Friends? Schoolmates? Acquaintances? Or strangers? Sehun didn’t know what to say and Taehee’s mother was not impressed with his lagged reply.

“You guys are what? Listen, if you want to court Taehee, save it, young man. I am not going to approve. Taehee needs to focus on her studies and the last thing she needs is distraction from boys. Got it?”

Taehee’s mother and Taehee sounded exactly the same and Sehun was freaked out by how similar they are. Indeed, like mother, like daughter. Taehee must have gotten her aloof personality from her mother.

“I-”

“Oh Sehun?”

The two of them at the door turned around to see Taehee, with an unreadable expression. Hurriedly, she pushed herself through her mother and dragged Sehun away from her apartment. It is Sehun’s first time seeing her in her casual clothes and he got to say, she looks cute in her white oversized t-shirt and pink pyjamas shorts. The moment she let go of him, she turned around furiously.

“What the hell were you doing at my place?” She snapped, arms folded, showing how angry she was.

Sehun took out the MP3 from his bag and handed the item to her. Taehee was surprised to see that Sehun had her precious MP3 with him because, why would he have her MP3? She couldn’t possibly drop it somewhere near him, aside the conversation at the school garden this morning, she didn’t even see him around her.

“I heard that this MP3 is very important to you, so I thought it would be better if I make a trip to your place to return it to you as soon as possible.”

She hates how fate has its way to put the two of them together. Taehee has been trying to get rid of Sehun and she thought their relation would end upon the release of exam results, but somehow, Sehun managed to find a way to enter her life again, and now he even knew where she stays and met her mother.

“Thank you,” Taehee muttered, eyes avoiding Sehun, “You have done your job, please leave.”

Sehun chuckled in amusement, “Hey, I found your MP3, is that how you treat your benefactor?”

Taehee scoffed and rolled eyes all the way to Mars, “I said thank you, didn’t I? Go home.”

“Why do I feel like you have something against me all the time? I don’t see you using that tone on the other kids in school, Miss President. But to me, you seem to be very repulsive of me and the treatment is really unfair.”

Taehee was about to rebut when she heard giggling and a loud burp from behind. She turned around she released a deep sigh. It was her father, with a bottle of beer in his hands, as he struggled to walk straight and towards Sehun and her. She has never hated her life as much as now, because she never wanted to let Sehun know about her dysfunctional family. I mean, which father in the right mind would get drunk even before the sun sets?

“Oh isn’t this my lovely daughter, Taehee? And who is this?” The man hiccupped as he stood next to Taehee. He was reek of alcohol and Taehee was pretty sure that Sehun could smell it from where he stood, “Are you Taehe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter