028

Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why are you crying so badly, Yeri?"

Sehun has been trying to pacify the baby but Yeri just wouldn't stop crying. He fed her, he changed her diaper, but all those attempts were futile because the baby only wailed louder than before. Being an inexperienced father, Sehun is at a loss. Just when he decided to give Chanyeol a call to ask for help, his doorbell rang. With baby Yeri in his arms, he rushed to open the door and he was taken aback to find the person he least expected standing outside of his apartment.

"Taehee?" 

Sehun scanned Taehee from head and to toe and a frown appeared when he saw her in just white tank top, a seemingly ripped blouse in her hands. Before he could even ask her what happened, the girl beat him into it.

"I could hear Yeri loud cries from outside, what did you do to her?"

"I-"

Sehun couldn't even explain himself when Taehee carried baby Yeri over to her arms and entered the apartment, which left Sehun puzzled. He was surprised by her sudden visit but he would never turn her away because she will always be the only girl that he loves and wishes to see 24/7. Taehee rocked Yeri in her arms and hushed the baby, wiping her big fat tears at the same time and somehow, baby Yeri stopped crying. Sehun smiled looking at the affectionate side of Taehee, he knows that Taehee would be a great mum and it is really a pity that she can't have her own kids. Sehun heard from Jongin that Junmyeon is an obstetrician and maybe, he would be able to fulfill Taehee's lifelong dream of having her own child. Not only that, Sehun knows that Junmyeon would also bring Taehee happiness and be a better lover and husband to her than he does. 

"You are life saviour, Taehee. Yeri wouldn't stop crying and I don't know why. But the moment you carry her, she stopped crying!"

"I think she is missing her mother."

Though Yujin is gone, it's still isn't easy for Taehee to bring up her in front of Sehun, afterall, she was the third party. And the baby in her embrace is given birth by the third party who ruined her marriage. This is so messed up. Taehee shouldn't be cradling baby Yeri, rocking her to sleep, instead, she should hate the kid because Yeri reminds her that she is useless woman who can't bear a child for Sehun despite being together for a decade. But when Yeri extended her short arms to grab Taehee's nose with her chubby fingers, Taehee knew that she can never hate this adorable baby, whom she has somehow formed some sort of attachment to. The baby is innocent. 

"I am sorry."

Taehee turned around with raised brows, "For what?"

"I-" Sehun sighed, "Nothing. I just don't want Yeri to remind you of any unhappy things..."

"Shh," Taehee interrupted with a hiss as she pointed at the baby sleeping deeply in her arms, "She is asleep. I will bring her into her room."

Sehun stayed behind and watched Taehee putting baby Yeri gently and carefully in her crib, before she covered her with a pink fluffy blanket and whispered a goodnight to the baby. Right then, Sehun felt like they are a family. But he scoffed mentally at his wishful thinking almost immediately, there is no way Taehee would reconcile with him and raise the baby from the mistress with him. And he would be selfish if he dragged her into this mess because she deserves so much more, she deserves a better person like Junmyeon, and not someone like him, who is a father that doesn't even know the proper way to put on a diaper.

 

"What happened?"

After the baby finally succumbed to slumber, the adults went out to the living room for a talk. Taehee knew exactly what Sehun was asking because it was impossible for him to not notice her ripped blouse. 

"Nothing, I fell and my shirt tore," Taehee lied because there is no way Sehun would let Junmyeon off if he were to know that Junmyeon tried to take advantage of her while he was intoxicated. She can totally picture the two men throwing punches at each other for her and that's the last thing she wants to happen.

Sehun didn't really believe her because it seems very unlikely that a fall would tear her blouse, unless it's a serious one. But the girl seemed unharmed and not injured, "Are you injured anywhere?" Nonetheless, he still asked because he would never want Taehee to be hurt anywhere, whether it's a minor or a serious injury.

Taehee smiled, grabbing the glass of warm water on the table to quench her thirst, "Yeah, I am fine."

"So what brought you here?" He asked, sweaty palms rubbing together in anxiety. 

Taehee narrowed her eyes at him before putting the empty glass down, "What? Am I not welcomed? You said you are always here for me on the phone. Was that a lie too? Yah, Oh Sehun, your bad habit of lying just doesn't change huh?"

"No!" Sehun quickly retorted, "I wasn't lying. I said I am always here for you and I will never lie about that. It's just... Your sudden arrival puzzled me. I thought you wouldn't want to have anything to do with me, so I am just a little taken aback that you came to find me in the middle of the night," He mumbled under his breath, "Shouldn't you be with Junmyeon now?"

"You sound like a jealous freak," Taehee scoffed when her ears caught his whispering. No one knows Sehun better than she does. The look on his face shows that he was just suppressing his jealousy when he brought up his rival's name and it was fun torturing him like that. 

"I am," Sehun admitted, and somehow it caused a flip in Taehee's heart, "But what can I do? Even though I know you belong to another man now, I still love you. But like I said, if you are happy with Junmyeon, you have my blessing and I will never come in between two of you because you deserve the best. If Junmyeon can bring happiness to you, I will pretend like I got over you and I don't love you anymore so you won't be burdened by my feelings."

The glass is empty and there was nothing to mask her awkwardness. Taehee would drink the glass of water to pretend that thick atmosphere and tension betw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter