023

Fools
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehee was so proud to see her creation. She has always wanted to learn how to do pretty cake frosting and she did! Within the first four lessons, Taehee managed to achieve a complex deisgn and even her teacher is impressed at her progression. Whipping out her phone, Taehee took a picture and sent to the usual gang. It has become her habit to share nice and fascinating things that she sees in New York.

"You are in-charge of Jisoo's future birthday cakes, Taehee!"

"Did you do that by yourself, Taehee? It's so pretty!"

"Indeed, Oh Taehee the genius. Didn't you just start attending the class like a month ago? You already reached that level? Your teacher must be shaking."

Taehee laughed at all of their replies. Maybe she really is a genius- while others probably take more than a month to achieve perfect floral frosting, Taehee could easily do it within a month. Suddenly she remembered that she used to bake cakes for Sehun and Yujin on their birthday every year and she once promised them that when she finally mastered cake frosting, she would definitely do one that is similar to those aesthetically-pleasing cakes on Instagram and Pinterest. Taehee may have accomplished and checked that off her bucket list, but she will never be able to fulfil her promise that she made in the past. The thought of that left a bitter taste in . 

When Taehee made her way home after leaving the baking studio, she heard a car horning behind her and she turned around. The car pulled over and the driver whined down the window.

"Heading home?" Junmyeon asked, opening the door for her, "Get in! I will give you a lift."

 

It wasn't like Taehee had purposely counted the days she last saw Junmyeon and Junho, but somehow, she remembered that it has been a month since they interacted. Maybe it's just how Taehee's intelligent brain works, she can remember every single details effortlessly. Even so, the car ride wasn't as awkward as she thought it would be. Their conversation flowed naturally and there was no dead air at all. When she entered Junmyeon's apartment, because the man has extended an invitation to her for a dinner at his place, she noticed that the interior and the furniture in his place seem expensive. He must be pretty rich huh.

"Appa!" 

Taehee smiled when Junho ran to give his father a hug, before giving Taehee a hug as well.

"Imo, what is this?" He pointed at the cake box in her hand.

"Imo baked a cake today! Do you want to try some?"

Junmyeon and Junho were both dazzled by the pretty cake when Taehee retrieved it out from the box. The kid couldn't close his mouth and he looked really eager to have a bite. 

"I can't believe you did this, Taehee! You can totally compete with those bakeries outside!"

"I am flattered, Junmyeon," Taehee cut two slices and passed each piece of cake to the father and son respectively. 

"Holy ! This is so good! Are you sure you are not lying? Are you perhaps a baker?"

The girl was amused when Junmyeon talked excitedly with his mouth filled with the cake, "I am really not a baker, but I always have an interest in baking. Junho, is it nice?"

Junho nodded his head vigorously, "It's super yummy! Imo! Can you bake cake for me everyday?"

"Son, you are gonna become a fat kid if you consume cake everyday."

Junho stuck his tongue at his father before running back to the living room to catch his cartoon show while eating his slice of cake. 

"So what do you work as?" Junmyeon questioned, scooping another bite of cake, "I realised I haven't asked you that. And how old are you?"

"Are you doing some form of background check?" Taehee raised her brow.

"Got to do that before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter