Good at goodbyes

Fifteen years and counting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following weeks, Dave and Kaye were given the same schedule so that they will have more chances of being photographed together. Dave was seen escorting her and putting his arms around her that the gossip about them dating started to be picked up by the media and covered up the cheating issue. Kaye did not even have a chance to talk to Ian about it. She tried to reach out to Ian but it was too late. He already heard about it and was extremely hurt by the news. Kaye could also not sneak out to meet with their common friends because the media were all over trying to watch her every move. During one of Ian’s vacation leaves, Ian waited outside Kaye’s house for hours just so that he will get a chance to personally find out the truth. Kaye could not afford to be seen with him so Kaye just called him on the phone.

Kaye: Ian, what are you doing? Why are you outside? 

Ian: How about you Kaye, what are you doing? Are you and Dave really dating?

Kaye: Of course not. It is something that the company has done to divert attention from the real issue.

Ian: So you’re okay with him putting his arms around you as if you were his property?

Kaye: Ian, I know it looks bad, but I swear, I am loyal to you.

Ian: Then why didn’t you tell them the truth about us? Why would you allow them to use you as a diversion?

Kaye: Ian, you don’t understand, it’s not that easy.

Ian: Tell me, Kaye. You have always prioritized your family, your career, was there ever a time that you thought about prioritizing me? Did you ever think about how all this would have made me feel?

Kaye: Ian, I don’t know what to tell you. 

Ian: (Giving a deep sigh) I knew this would happen. I hope you’re happy with your decision.

Kaye: But Ian…

The line went dead. Kaye knew how hurt Ian must be but her hands are tied at the moment. She just wants to get this whole thing to be over and done with. Maybe after everything died down, and Ian is back from the military, she can win him back.

A few months later, while Dave started his tour, Kaye was told that she would guest in his show. People started rooting for them after the concert, which made the CEO happy since it was good publicity. Dave also invited her to meet some of his friends. They were very nice to her and they were really fun to be with but she built a wall between her and Dave. She made sure that what they have is an entirely professional relationship. Ian was also back from the military during that time. Kaye tried to reach out to him but he did not want anything to do with her, fully believing that she left him for Dave. Ian even unfollowed her on social media but Kaye made sure to check on him even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter