Better this way

Fifteen years and counting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dave saw Kitty again before they left for the YT event. A mutual friend hosted a dinner party. Dave did not know how to approach Kitty. He remembered bits and pieces of the night they spent together. He would like to avoid her as much as possible until he could clear things with Kaye.

Kitty: Oh hi Dave, I heard you guys will be leaving tomorrow?

Dave: Yeah (Dave seemed cornered, he might as well start the conversation about what happened) Kitty, about that night…

Kitty: Don’t worry. It’s not like I’m expecting anything. Learn to live by the moment. Don’t take life too seriously.

Dave: So, that was like…

Kitty: Oh, don’t get me wrong. It’s not like I hook up with random people. I just feel this connection with you, like kindred spirits. I don’t know about you but I am single and free to see whom I like.

Dave: About that….

Kitty: Shhhh…don’t ruin it. Didn’t I tell you? No expectations.

So this is what they call friends with benefits, Dave thought. She is so attractive and he is definitely tempted to accept her offer but he needs to talk to Kaye first.

When B-Boy got to the YT event, Dave hurriedly looked for Kaye to talk to her but she kept avoiding him. 

Dave: Ty, weren’t you able to talk to Kaye earlier? I have been trying to catch her attention but she does not even want to look my way. Did she say anything to you?

Ty: Dave, I think you guys need to talk later. She was close to tears w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter