Believe in yourself

Fifteen years and counting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kaye’s manager called her the week after to let her know that the CEO wanted to talk to her at his office. Kaye kept thinking on her way to the office if she had done something bad. Maybe someone saw her and Dave go home past midnight last week and thought they were dating, or maybe he wanted to interrogate her about Steven and Hannah, she thought. As she cautiously entered the CEO’s office, she noticed other people waiting for the CEO to finish his phone call. When he was done, he looked at Kaye’s direction and greeted her.

 

CEO: Kaye, good that you’re finally here. Have a seat. This is the team you will be working with from now on.  I wanted to tell you that I have decided to make you the 4thmember of BlackJack.

 

Kaye: (Kaye was so shocked, she was speechless for a while). 

 

CEO: I thought this is what you wanted…

 

Kaye: Yes, yes, I am just really shocked right now. Thank you so much. I will do my very best, I promise.

 

CEO: Good, I will expect that. Now all of you get to work. We only have 8 weeks until they debut. I plan to have them record a single with B-Boy so make sure everyone is ready by then.

 

Kaye: Thank you, sir. Thank you so much.

 

CEO: You’re welcome.

 

When Kaye left the office, she still could not believe what has happened. She wanted to look for the girls and tell them the news but she had to meet and plan with the team she was with to get her prepared for the debut. When Kaye was on her way home that night, she tried calling the girls but no one was answering. Kaye thought that they might be busy with other things so she would just wait to tell them another time. When she entered the apartment, the girls surprised her with dinner and wine. Kaye was so happy that they got along well; it would make working with them much easier.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter