Friends

Fifteen years and counting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dave was getting ready to leave for the day. It was almost midnight but he was glad to finish composing one of the songs for their album. As he passed by the dance studio, he noticed that the lights were still on. He looked inside and saw Kaye dancing and practicing some dance moves. He observed her for a while, she was unaware of him and he felt like he shouldn’t be watching like this, like he was witnessing something private, but he could not take his eyes off her. Finally, Kaye noticed his reflection in the mirror and stopped. She looked embarrassed, so Dave went in to apologize.

 

Dave: I’m sorry, Kaye. I was just checking why the lights were still on…

 

Kaye: Oh, I’m sorry. I should have told someone I was going to use the studio today.

 

Dave: I don’t think anyone would be scheduled around this time, so it’s okay.

 

Kaye: You know what? That is the most number of words I have heard you say since we’ve met.

 

Dave: (Smiling) I am just really shy especially around groups of people.

 

Kaye: So if it’s just me, you’re not that shy?

 

Dave: Well, at least I won’t get teased.

 

Kaye: I like it that we could talk like this. I think I wouldn’t mind if we need to be by ourselves most of the time just so you would open up to me more. 

 

Dave: Really?

 

Kaye: Yes, I meant every word.

 

Dave: So why are you here this late?

 

Kaye: I heard they will be auditioning for the 4th member of BlackJack and I just want to be ready if I get the chance to audition.

 

Dave: I admire your determination. I will try to vouch for you just like what the girls said.

 

Kaye: Really? Thanks Dave, that really means a lot.

 

Dave: Would you like me to me you back to the dorm?

 

Kaye: Okay, but can we stop by the convenience store? I’m starving.

 

Dave: Sure.

 

When she got back to the dorm, Sky was already getting ready for bed. 

 

Sky: Where have you been? Did you just go out on a date?

 

Kaye: No, of course not, you know we can’t date. It’s part of the contract.

 

Sky: Yeah right. I know of a couple in our agency that has been dating for several years now. The key is not to get caught.

 

Kaye: For real?? How do they do it?

 

Sky: Why are you curious? Are you planning on dating someone from the company too? (Sky teased).

 

Kaye: No, it’s for future references (Kaye laughed).

 

Sky: Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter