Consequences

Fifteen years and counting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It lasted for a little over a year. Kaye and Dave were quite happy until work got in the way. They saw less and less of each other especially when B-Boy had to debut overseas and the group had to live there for several months. Kaye did not understand why she always ends up in a long-distance relationship. She hates waiting for replies; she hates not being able to see them when she wants to. It got to a point that she gets irritated when it takes some time for someone to respond. She knows she should be patient, she knows that she needs to be more understanding but she can’t help it. People have said that when it comes to her family she is selfless, is she the opposite when it comes to her relationships? 

Sky: You have been looking at that phone for hours; do you think it will ring when you stare at it?

Kaye: (Sighing while dialing the number again)

Dave was at a fan meet and could not hear his phone. After the event, Dave saw 3 missed calls. Kaye must be livid by now. He dialed Kaye’s number knowing that he might have some serious explaining to do.

Dave: (Leaving a voice message) Kaye, I tried to call you back but it went straight to voicemail. We were at an event, I’m really sorry. I fell asleep last night too. Please understand.

Dave received a text message several minutes later. 

Kaye message: Does it really take that much effort to respond? I just wanted to hear from you, is that too much to ask?

Dave: (Calling back Kaye but still getting voicemail. He pretty much knows how mad Kaye is by now so he chose to text her instead).  I am so sorry but it really has been hectic and tiring.

Kaye: (Kaye got triggered by the word “tiring”. She remembered the last time she was in a similar conversation. Why does this keep happening to her?) Let’s just talk when you get back.

Dave: Kaye that will be a few months from now.

Kaye: Yeah, so don't bother keeping in touch because I don’t want to tire

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter