Suspicion of Murder

Broken Flower: Lily
Please log in to read the full chapter

16:00, February 21st


 

Tzuyu lifts the paper and stares at the portrait sketches. He squints his eyes, clearly recognized the person on the drawing. He puts it down and looks up to his assistant, "I understand. You may go" The assistant bows then walks out of the office. Tzuyu sinks into his chair, leaning an arm on the armrest and massage one temple. He tries to understand the situation better but everything is so blurry. Roger thought about responding with the pieces of the puzzle he knows in his mind only leaves him with more questions and confusion.
 

 

"Wan'Ya..." He murmurs then gazes down at the document on his desk. All the information about Miracle World Organization lies in that files---videos screenshots, transactions, name lists, funds, etc. It's complete and clear evidence and he just has to send the file to the police department yet he wonders if that's the right thing to do, and even if it will work. He has studied the files for days, barely gotten any sleep. And he concludes, all the people involve are too influential. Even if he sends the file to the police department, the evidence will long gone and no further investigation will be executed since the Deputy Chief of Police is also involved. It won't take long for them to know he's the informant and search for him, obliviously to get rid of him. Once his identity is known, everyone around him will be put in danger.
 

 

His mind travels to Sana, he hasn't met her for a week. He wonders if she's doing well. He misses her; misses her jingle-bell laughter, her humor, her voice, her clumsiness, everything, he misses everything about her. He successfully held himself from visiting her, and plan to do so when all of this over. It's safe to stay away at the moment.
 

 

There's no use in having the evidence. He can't do anything. Yet he can't stay still either. He has the thought of spreading the information about Miracle World Organization to the public using the media, but at this point, he can't even believe the reporters.
 

 

Without long and careful thought first, he set out to meet Hwang Aera. He wants to know what she has to say. It might be careless but he has limited choices of what he could do. He has reached the valley highway and is driving past a series of ski lodges, restaurants, and roadhouses. Hwang Aera lives in one of the largest houses in a fading wealthy district. By the time he arrives in her place, the sun is setting behind him. He has informed the representative beforehand she's expecting him.

 

 

He enters, walks through the front door, and sees the woman sitting in the living room. For a moment he stares at her wordlessly. She has pale butterscotch skin, sprinkled with faint freckles. Her face is narrower than his; the eyes rounder and ringed with dark, lush lashes. But while her gaze is warm and welcoming, he is nowhere near. His gaze, intense and hard which immediately noticed by the older woman. 
 

 

She crosses her legs, leaning back against the couch, "Is something wrong?" She asks, "What's so urgent for the Son Group's heir to come here this late?"
 

 

Tzuyu takes a sit in front of her and tosses a brown kraft paper on the table. She raises her brows, taken aback by his discourtesy behavior. Picking it up, she slides the papers from the envelope and begins scanning the contents. She cast the papers without turning it over, "You are here just for this?"
 

 

She closes her fingers around her wine stem, twisting it in so that the pale wine swirled up the sides. It is the color of blood. She swallows it in one gulp and diverts her attention back to him, "It is none of your concern, kid. This happened decades ago, what's with the sudden interest?"
 

 

"Is this still happening?"
 

 

She leans forward, curls into a smirk, "Why? Does the 'VIP' need a service? slaves? How about age range? does he prefers teenagers or younger or does the VIP needs organ trans--"
 

 

"That's enough" He glares at her, baring his teeth and forcing the breath through. The lines of his face have deepened and his mouth pulls straight. There is aura of barely controlled energy in him.
 

 

Hwang Aera finds the sight absolutely amusing. She breaks into a low laugh, laced with mockery, "Oh dear, what's with that look? It's easier to blame others than mirror yourself is it? What I did was business and people like you paid and enjoyed the service. So why are you suddenly barking now? Out of all people, do you think you have the right to throw me that judgmental stare?"
 

 

She shifts in her seat, running her fingers through her auburn hair, "Those kids holds no value in this society, they are meaningless. No one care about them. They have no parents or relatives that will mourn over them, no one will remember them. Isn't it better if they sacrifice their life for the greater good? For a more valuable person in this society. Political figure, scientist, professor, businessman."
 

 

"Why do you think Miracle World has the best facilities? Where do you think the Organization gains its fund? Who do you think will invest in something so useless?" She peers at him but Tzuyu remains motionless, holding her gaze, "No one. If you are raised, feed, and taken care of, then you should be grateful

Please log in to read the full chapter