Memory Recall

Broken Flower: Lily
Please log in to read the full chapter

At night, Mina will lie in bed reliving what had happened the day prior. She learns to write her feelings down which acted as a release. Listening to her psychiatric guidance's, it's starting to feel better. She pours everything inside her notebook, how her day was, how she missed her child, her wishes for the future, etc. The idea slowly lifts the heaviness inside her chest, the weight on her shoulder. It seems slightly bearable now. That's what she thought.
 

 

Eyes snap open, Mina quickly springs up from her bed and turn on the table lamp. She immediately roams her eyes around the room suspicious and paranoid that the horror may have followed her. With trembling hand, she wipes the cold sweat that covers her temple. Cautiously, she stumbles to the bathroom and looks in the mirror, splashing water to her face as she tries to fully awaken. She breathes out, trying to concentrate on her breathing and slowed down her pounding heart by the sudden whispering snatched all the guts that are left inside her. The ringing in her ears drowned out everything else. All the earlier realization and convincing herself that it's just an illusion, a nightmare now is replaced by an actual and powerful fear.
 

 

"No! Stop please," She begs, putting her hand over her ears, muffling the constant triggering sound. The deep and familiar tone repeating the same sentence with the background of frantic voices pleading for help, her own voice. Soon, she has a feeling that someone is in her house, that they have given some sort of drug and everything she sees isn't real. That someone is watching her, her every movement, that a strange man is sitting in her bedroom.  Mina let out a frightened cry. Tears spilling over her reddened cheeks. Despite the darkness that swallowing her, she runs, dashing down the stairs and manages to descend two floors with relative success, if one discount the banging against the walls and handrails. In the middle of her flight and panic, however, her right foot slips on one of the steps and she falls, hitting her head hard against the landing.
 

 

Mine doesn't faint, but she feels extremely dizzy and weak. Her frail body lays on the end of the stairs, curling into a ball. She tries to lift her body and move her arms, but her muscle and every part of her body feel heavy, too heavy as if a compound wall falls over her. Her vision turns blurry as droplet of water crosses the bridge of her nose and trickling down. She helplessly shuts her eyes as her soul is forcefully dragged to her past. The day she tripped on the stairs, the day she lost her child, the unbearable pain on her stomach, the red liquid that traced her thighs. Mina flutters her eyes open and sees an illusion of a silhouette standing on the other end of the stairs, staring down at her.
 

 

"Don't move"
 

 

A piece of her memory has totally wiped out. She is too heartbroken by the news of her daughter, she is hurt and put in the worst punishment a mother can receive that she forgets. She forgets about the presence of an unknown man in the house. The reason she missed her step and fell down the stairs, the reason her daughter was unable to be saved due to the fatal impact it had brought upon. As if the puzzles have been connected, she notices the pattern. Something is wrong from the very beginning. Her daughter is in danger from the starts. Her health was monitored, her diet was controlled yet she was diagnosed with placental abruption. What was the cause of it, no matter how she ponders there was no answer. Her urine test detected a drug, when it was impossible since she had never take her anti-depressant medicine. Except, there was a third party, someone who tried to ruin her life.
 

 

Mina bites her lips, chuckling bitterly over the brutal realization. Her gaze remains glued to the illusion shadow on the second floor, reminiscing the moment when she was begging for help yet the silhouette stood still, watching her without sympathy nor remorse. The immense fear she feels shifts to rage. Flame curls in the pit of her stomach. Her brain goes on overdrive as it picks every moment that she has spend crying. All because of a person. The memories weighed down on her but instead of breaking even more, her heart turns ice cold. The flames in her stomach rise up to her chest and crawling through her veins, taking over the rest of her body. Her fingers coiled into fists. The term anger, barely even touch the tip of the volcano that she so clearly is in now.
 

 

Her whole being fills with grudge and madness. She might as well lose her sanity when the thought of killing comes to her mind. It's starting to drive her insane when all of this, everything and every single misery she feels is caused by someone. 
 

 

Mina groans as she pushes herself to stand. She eyed the silhouette. Fires of fury and hatred are smouldering in her small narrowed eyes, "I will find you"
 

 

A small red light hidden in the corner of the wall, behind the clock. Through the small bug, he drums his fingers against the table as he stares on his computer, silently watching her. He pulls off his earphone and sinks into his chair. "You'll be hurt"






 


 

*   *   *   *

"I'll do it, the hypnotherapy." Mina states with conviction. She has taken a leave from the hospital to visit her psychiatrist, Nayeon. The latter has suggested the specific therapy that is widely used in treating post-traumatic disorder. Hypnosis can alter her interpretation of a memory and her response to it. With hypnosis she can dampen the emotional impact of a memory by creating a sense of detachment from it, which is the main reason Nayeon propose the hypnotherapy to Mina. Hypnosis cannot erase the thought form of the memory or make it inaccessible, but it can alter the physical form of the memory so that Mina no longer feel stuck, preoccupied with it
 

 

Mina has been living with the traumatic experience for years and doesn't attend to any therapist in along period of time. She constantly re-experiencing the triggering event that occurs in the form of vivid flashbacks, nightmares, and physical sensations, s

Please log in to read the full chapter