Eternal by C.Y

Broken Flower: Lily
Please log in to read the full chapter

"We found her, leaning against the villa's gate. Unconscious." Hahn stated robotically. Chaeyoung's eyes flicker to the girl that lay weakly on the hospital bed, a tube running into her arm from an IV bag. He is beyond relief that they had found her but not enough to ease the anger and frustration that fills him when he sees her condition. His fist stays on his thighs as he blows out a deep sigh.

 

A doctor carrying a medical chart enters the room. While Chaeyoung and the nurse conferred quietly about Irene's care for the next few hours. Hahn glances to him before he steps to the bed and reluctantly touches her hand. She is sleeping, the faintest crease between her brows indicating the emotional pain she must be suffering, even subconsciously. Two police officers enter the room and Hahn automatically back away as he makes a statement on Irene's possible kidnapping case.

 

The doctor holds up the patient's left arm, revealing black and blue bruises encircling her wrist. "She was restrained at one point. And was drugged" The police listen intently, but jotting it down on their small notebook. They inform Chaeyoung to call them when Irene has awakened to help further the investigation, before leaving the scene.

 

Light footfalls earn Chaeyoung's attention. He averts his gaze to the door, soon witnessing Lil holding his Nanny's hand. The child wobbles towards him and rests his chin on Chaeyoung's lap, gazing up into his eyes sadly. "Papa" He whines, blinking back his tears. Chaeyoung smiles and hooks his hands under the boy's arms, lifting him to sit on his lap. "She'll be okay" his voice laces with reassurance as he taps the child's back. Unfortunately, it doesn't lessen the boy's dismay. He cries while Chaeyoung rubs his mane, soothing him until Lil drifted to sleep.

 

12:05 p.m Chaeyoung stays in the room. He had sent Hahn to take Lil home and dismiss the Nanny. The moon and stars shine above the passing clouds of ink, spilling the room with soft glimmer and an orange glow from the bedside lamp. He stares to the sky and smiles, *'Happy birthday Lily'* His eyes downcasted as he glances to the girl who is still unmoving. The beeping and humming from the machines break the silence. He wheels to her side and reaches out to  that tiny tuft of hair that just hugged her temple, running his fingers over her crown.

 

"Please don't get hurt. I can't afford to lose you too" He whisper, bringing his hands to hers and softly grips it.






 

*  *  *  *

The shadow moved. Wearing a dark blue windbreaker, soft slacks of the same colour and a black cap. A slender figure walks across the lawn swiftly and silently towards the centre of the buildings. On the corner of the middle building, about four feet up the wall was a metal box, a foot square. He removes a ring of keys from his pocket and selected one. All but the tang has been coated in soft acrylic plastic.

 

He inserts it into the lock near the bottom of the box. The box opens to reveal a small keyboard, like a calculator and six coloured indicators, three red and three green. Where the cable entered the box, he quickly peels back the acrylic clothing that covered with a small penknife. It doesn't take him long to connect him into the line. Now, no matter what happens in the building, all would look normal to the security service.

 

He enters a code using the keyboard and all three of the greens lights lit. Should anyone trip an alarm, no bells will clamour, no electronic messages will be sent, either to the security service or the local police services. He closes the door to the alarm box and locks it. He pulls his cap before riding the elevator and marched to a specific apartment.

 

His step stops when he arrives at his destination, standing across the door. He pulls a pistol from a web belt at his waist, then attaches a silencer. The gun aims at the silver keypad and bluntly pulls the trigger. He pushes the brass handle and steps inside, closing the door behind. His eyes roam around as he stands motionlessly, absorbing the environment.

 

He clicks his tongue in wonders when he sees the girl sleeping in the couch instead of her room. He walks to the kitchen and notices the uneaten cake and side dishes on the table. A sigh escaped his lips. He instantly brushes whatever remorse he has and strode to the sleeping girl. He hooks his gun back to his belt then sit on the couch, studying the brunette. He brings his hand and gently caressing his cheeks, his fingers trail down on her chin, then the line of her neck.

 

"Beloved daughter?" He mumbles, cupping his palm around . It awakens the enormous hatred he tries to bury, so lost in that moment and the torment his brain is in. His hands tremble as he fights himself not to choke her to death. A tight squeeze causing the girl to shift slightly, gasping for air. His muscle tense, battling against nothing but his self-conscious and resentment. With a sharp glare, his eyes filled with tears of rage.

 

He breathes out a heavy sigh and retracted his hands, turning away from the girl. Fist clenching firmly on his sides. "Your crime is merely because you are his daughter. How pathetic that is" He monologues then stand, sparing the girl another look before he left.

 

The egg yolk sun pours through the cracks in the blind and awaited entrance into Mina's eyes. The brunette rubs her remaining glimpse of a dream before she sits up. Her muscles feel weak, just like her energy. She let out an exasperated sigh, groaning as she rolls off of the rose-coloured sofa she has been occupying. A sharp intake of breath caused intense pain on . Confused, she tilts her head, wondering if she has caught a cold.

 

She lazily walks to the kitchen to get herself a glass of water, yet another confusion hit her. Inhaling deeply, she could smell freshly-baked bread filling the air and sounds of footsteps scurrying around the kitchen. Alarmed, Mina tip-toed and hesitantly peeks from the wall, she sighs in relief when she realised who is her intruder.

 

"Jeongie? What brings you here? Early in the morning" She asks, walking closer the guy in an apron.

 

Jeongyeon halts and lifts his head. He narrowed his eyes before taking off his apron then walks around the counter towards the girl. He scrunches his nose then flick Mina's forehead, earning a slight wince from the younger. "Someone broke into your house last night. I wanted to visit you but instead welcomed by your neighbours surrounding your door." He explained. Mina blinks, perplexed by the sudden information. Jeongyeon clicks his tongue in disapprove of her carelessness. "You should be more careful next time" He advises, pulling her wrist to the dining area and let her sit. "Eat first, we'll talk about over breakfast"

 

Mina smiles and thanks him for the food. "What happened then?" She asks, tearing off a chunk of the bread.

 

Jeongyeon hums while spreading jam on his toast. He takes a bite before answering,  "I've talked to the security services. I haven't called the police because the owner of the house should make a report, which I assume she doesn't want." He playfully glares at Mina who is chuckling awkwardly. "I've fixed your door and the burglar happened to steal your purse."

 

Mina raises her brows "My purse?" She stops chewing and swallows her food before she continues, "That burglar is really weird. He could still a lot more valuable things, but he risks his life for a purse?"

 

Jeongyeon nods his head "Maybe stealing was not his intention but ended up using it as an excuse for breaking your house" He says nonchalantly. Mina stares at him in awe of his assumption because that actually makes a lot of sense to her. Before she could further ask him about what might be the intruder true intention, the guy interjected. "I'm just a lawyer Mina. Not a detective" He smiles to the pouting Mina and put his utensils down. "Anyways, do you want to live with me

Please log in to read the full chapter