Lee Yeong

Broken Flower: Lily
Please log in to read the full chapter

Tzuyu leans on the theatre's entrance, staring at the musical performances that are currently on-going. His gaze fixed towards a particular cellist. Without his brother's knowing he has hired people to follows and take pictures of the woman. He's aware that Dahyun and her grow attached every single day. He doesn't know what Dahyun is thinking but he trusts his brother. They have been living together as siblings for years and no one knows Dahyun more than him and Chaeyoung. He might not always understand the eldest but he trusts him. Dahyun can't even hurt a fly. The older is a good person, incapable of hurting others, especially his own wife. He knows that enough.

 

What trouble him is the cellist. He understands what Dahyun pertaining to when he sees the woman in person. He is baffled and shocked. She looks too similar to the deceased Choi Jisu, Dahyun's first lover. Too similar that he starts to doubt her true identity. It's almost impossible for someone to look alike in all aspects, but she does. Out of suspicions, Tzuyu asks his secretary to track the woman's background.

 

Tzuyu leaves the building and drives to his office, upon receiving a call from his secretary. He enters his room followed by his assistant, Mr Jung. They settle on his private conference table. The secretary pulls out papers, pictures, books inside his briefcase and lay it down the table."Park Lia. Her father was a businessman and declared bankruptcy when she was 12 years old. Their possession was confiscated. Because of that, they moved to a small flat. Her father was unemployed for a year and committed suicide soon after. Her mother deceased due to sickness. She worked as a clerk in a convenience store and lived alone since then, aged 17. She was constantly harassed by the loan sharks. After two years she paid his father's debt and went to Britain in 2017. She graduated from The Royal Academy of Music in 2019"

 

Tzuyu frown and takes a copy of a writing letter from the loan shark stating the amount of the debt."She doesn't have any relatives, yet she was able to pay 92 million KRW in two years, working as a clerk. Undergraduate courses take four years but she graduated after two years only. Was she a registered student?"

 

Mr Jung nodded, "I'd rang the academy and there was information of her stored in their database. Her name was inside the students' list that graduated that year"

 

"Do you have the yearbook throughout her study in the Academy?" Tzuyu took the file that's handed to him. Inside is a complete collection of annual pictures. He inspects each and every photo of the student. He arches his brows, "That's weird. She doesn't have any picture at all, in every year"

 

"I was informed that she attended violin classes when she was young. She joined various classical music contest and won a few trophies. However, she stopped after her father business went bankrupt."

 

Tzuyu hums, crossing his legs as he sinks to his seat, "She invested herself in violin but suddenly now, she plays cello? And coincidentally, Jisu is a cellist. Since both were string instruments, she might easily get used to it. Was she faking everything, purposely pretending to be someone else?"

 

His low humming comes into halt upon a realization, "It is impossible for her to pay the debt on her own. I assumed, she doesn't graduate from the Academy but someone inserted her inside their database. It was perhaps a fraud. She can't do it by herself. There must be a third party behind her. Someone capable. Someone powerful. I need to find who is it and what his/her purposes for doing this. There must be bribery happened between the third party and the Academy's staff. Have you found the person who in charge of the students' database? He might know something"

 

"I shared the same thought." Mr Jung stated. "Hence, I've met the person behind the screen. He was persistent that he didn't take any bribe from anyone. But when I threatened him to bring the case to court, he confessed. A man named Wan'Ya paid a huge amount of money to fabricate Park Lia's bachelor degree"

 

"Wan'Ya." Tzuyu narrows his eyes. He has heard the name somewhere but can't remember where and who have mentioned it before. The name isn't strange to him. Perhaps it's celebrities name but he is sure, that isn't the case. It frustrated him more when he can't recall it. "Please look for this person and report it to me"









 

*  *  *  *

The zoo has beautiful lawns. Mina, Chaeyoung and Lil' walk through the flowery path decorated with colourful pansies with Hahn following them behind closely. Chaeyoung has always wanted to bring the little one to the zoo. The place is naturally attractive to young kids and more so for those kids who have an intense fascination with animals.  But it's very important to consider the impact of all the noises, sights, smells, and sounds of the zoo on a child with autism. He constantly considers the potential for sensory overload that might be too high, because of the crowds. Thankfully, Mina found the only zoo in the entire country that is certified autism centres. It is located in the countryside area, at a mountain foothills.

 

The zoo admissions include unlimited animal interaction and shows, including rides and other things like animal feeding. They first watch the water-birds like cranes, swans, ducks. They are swimming in the pond. Lil is thrilled by the beauty of those water-birds. It is his first time. He has only seen it through television. Chaeyoung is amazed when the little one has no difficulty in pointing the right names of every bird even before he read the name that is written on the wooden plates.

 

They truly enjoy their time, especially when feeding the lorikeets. It is Chaeyoung's and perhaps all of them favourite animal encounter, so much they've done it twice. Using the TAP access, Mina with Lil on her lap feeds the birds with a liquid solution out of a little cup, which they . One moved up Lil's arm to the top of his safari hat in search of food. Chaeyoung grin, watching the interaction while he takes countless pictures. They can't stop smiling and laughing. Momentarily, Mina forgets about the silhouette man. It's relieving have something that can divert her thought from thinking about that person.

 

They are walking past a stall that sells various items, when the seller suddenly calls out to them."You have such a lovely wife" he smiles sincerely, looking at Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung stops wheeling and stares at the middle-aged man behind the counter. Mina's eyes widen when she heard the statement. She quickly looks around, making sure the seller is pertaining to them, which he really is. Lil is in her arms, leaning his head on her shoulder. The boy's face brightens when he sees a gorgeous marble inside the stall. Reddish hue leaks into Mina's cheeks as she nervously smiles and bites her lip. It's funny how that small sentence that probably meant nothing to him affected her this greatly. Her broken heart flutters. She is about to correct the man since she is afraid Chaeyoung might feel uncomfortable, but the younger beat her to it.

 

"Ah yeah. She's so pretty isn't she?" Chaeyoung laughs. "It's our first time to visit the Zoo after our firstborn. Can you recommend any good places and activities here?"

 

"Sure." The seller hands him a pamphlet that contains the zoo's map and suggested some popular places. He looks at Lil and then to the married couple before walking inside his stall. He returns with a small fox plushie and headbands "Here, cute plushie for the little boy and a couple headband for the lovers." He offers them the item for free which Chaeyoung gladly takes, thanking him in the process.

 

When the seller doesn't receive the expected reaction from Lil, he frowns. T

Please log in to read the full chapter