Guilty or Innocent Part 1

Broken Flower: Lily
Please log in to read the full chapter

Mina is about to knock on the door, but decide against it, so she stands outside the bathroom. She looks at the bathroom door and glances at her wristwatch. What has she been doing in the bathroom for an hour? She wonders. She waits for a long time but still don't see her sister come out of the bathroom. She's a little worried that something might happen to her. Mina decides to knock the door, "Sana Unnie? Is everything alright?"
 

 

No answer.
 

 

Mina knocks for the second time and still there's no answer. And suddenly her gut clenched. Something is wrong. She holds her breath, angling her head closer to the door to listen for any sound. It's complete silence. Mina frantically drum her knuckles against the door, "Sana Unnie!" She clutches the doorknob and finds it locked. She's about to search for the key when the door suddenly swings open. Sana looks at her questioningly. Mina sighs, "God Unnie, why aren't you answering? I thought something happen to you," She steps closer and notices a bead of sweat above her sister's brow ready to slip down her cheek, "Are you sick? You look pale unnie," Mina asks, frowning.
 

 

"It's nothing. Just stomachache," Sana assures, smiling as she walk past Mina towards her room.
 

 

Mina follows her sister, "Are you sure?" She stops asking when Sana gives a nod. She might over thinking again. She sits on the bed, beside Sana, "Momo unnie went to the hospital for a checkup early in the morning. I wanted to accompany her but she insisted to go alone. Sana Unnie, are we not going to look for Dahyun?"
 

 

"Why do we have to look for a man who left with his affair?" Sana snaps her head towards her little sister and sighs, "Don't mention his name again especially in front of Momo,"
 

 

Mina nods, understanding. Sana climbs the into the and buries herself beneath the covers, "I'm sorry, Mina. I'll just go to bed early"
 

 

"But you haven't eaten since yesterday. I've cooked your favourite dish," Mina protests.
 

 

"Please wake me up at noon,"
 

 

Mina knows what her sister is planning. Sana never skip a day although it was useless, "It's no use to keep visiting him. Tzuyu refuse to see any visitors,"
 

 

The sound of a key turning in they front door, captures their attention. There's no bell ring or knocking prior to that. The three of them have agreed to ring the bell once and knock three times before entering the house. Sana immediately spring up and takes a baseball bat from the corner of the room and a scissor from the cabinet. She locks the bedroom's door in a hurry and grabs Mina's wrist, pulling the younger and shove her to hide inside the closet. She put the scissor on Mina's hand, "I'll knock three times to let you know it's me. If there's no knocking, stab whoever opens this closet, do you understand?"
 

 

Everything happens too fast. Mina eyes roam around the place and tries to deny the fear that consumed her. She catches Sana's hand and stares at her worriedly, "Wait, unnie. How about you?"
 

 

"Mina, I know I'm not a reliable sister. I made a lot of mistakes growing up and I'm such a clumsy person. But still I am your older sister and you have to listen to me. I don't know what's going on but there's evil our there and he's targeting us"
 

 

"Unnie, I can't let you go alone" Mina grips tighten, holding her sister's hand as she pleads, "Please let me come with you,"
 

 

"We don't have time. I'll be back," Sana holds the knobs and pulls on the closet door, “It's okay.” She smiles. Mina tries to smile back. It's a weak, unsure thing on her face. Sana closes the closet completely and her footsteps fades away.
 

 

"Unnie," Mina squeaks. The room seems to spin crazily, Mina seems to be viewing it through a dark tunnel. There's only a small gap where she the light seeps in. She's trembling. Her fingers closing over the weapon. There is a frightening jarring in her head and her heart is pounding violently. The dreaded ringing hauntingly echoing through her head. The voice of a male. The sound of her own, screaming. The air grows heavy and dark with her thoughts. 


 

A deep depressed feeling immediately wash over her. Mina begins to hit her own head with her hand. Her hand are tied, her ankle are tied. She tries to escape and yells for help but she has lost her voice, as if she's under water. The pitter patter of a child footsteps. The cologne. The stairs. The sound of a marble rolling. The small clink. The sca----
 

 

Mina gasp and opens her eyes. Tears spilling down her cheeks. She looks at her surroundings and stares at her nails. She managed to hurt him. She was sure she did. Her nails fell off that day. She scarred his chin. Chaeyoung-----Footsteps. Mina ears perks and she glances to the silhouette that block the small light from the outside. Someone is standing just across her. Mina draws a deep breathe and  wraps her fingers around the scissor. One attack, immobile him, lock the door, find her sister, and run. The handles are clutched, the closet opens slowly.
 

 

" you!" Mina forcefully pushes the closet to open and raises her hand to attack. Her legs goes numb and the person dodges in surprise, causing her to flop on the floor. She quickly picks up the scissor and waves it around her threateningly.
 

 

"Oh my. Are you okay?"
 

 

Mina gains her senses and looks up. Sana stares at her confusedly with her brows furrows, "Language though" Sana adds before helping her sister to stand. Mina tries to catch her breath, looking at her sister in disbelief.
 

 

"Sana unnie, you said you'll knock three times"
 

 

"Oh did I?" Sana tilts her head, "I forgot"
 

 

"I almost hurt you" Mina sighs in frustration.
 

 

"But you didn't" Sana grins, assuring the younger.
 

 

"What's wrong with you two?" A voice chimes in.
 

 

Mina look at the woman behind her sister, "Mother," she mutters and runs to hug her tight. Her mother smiles, caressing her back gently. It has been months since she last saw her mother. There's a faint sound of a bell ringing and a knock in the background but none of them are aware of it.
 

 

"We thought there's an intruder" Sana shrugs.
 

 

Mrs Myoui chuckles and flicks Sana's forehead, "I called you yesterday and informed you that I'd come today,"
 

 

"Oh, yeah yes. I forgot" Sana laughs awkwardly while Mina facepalms. Indeed. Her sister can be a little clumsy sometimes.
 

 

"What did I missed?" Momo appears with a bag of chips and pies, eyes scanning the room.
 

 

"A comedy" Sana answers, chuckling.
 

 

They gathers in the living room, sitting across each other. Sana notice her mother doesn't have any luggage, meaning that her mother doesn't have plan to stay here. And she's right, "I come to get you. All the three of you will come with me to Japan. The flight is tonight" Mrs Myoui says. She had heard about what happened. Eventhough she's greatly dissapointed in her son-in-law, she doesn't want to meddle into her daughter's marriage. She believes Momo will make a good decision. What matter now is her pregnancy.
 

 

Momo stops munching her food and put the bag of chips aside, "But Mom----"
 

 

"You are pregnant. You need to be in a better environment and properly taken care of"
 

 

"Moth---- Mina begins,
 

 

"I'm trying to protect my daughter!" Mrs Myoui interjects, her voice wavers, laced with fear and anxiety, "No more any of you. After everything that had happened to Mina, I couldn't bear to lose any of you and my granddaughter. Momo, I'm bringing you to Japan and you do nothing but listen to me. Mina, Sana come with us,"
 

 

Sana holds her mother's hand, her thumb caressing the back of her palm as she tries to calm her mother, "I'll stay. Please, just until his trial is over"
 

 

"I'll look after Sana Unnie" Mina suggests, insisting.
 

 

Mrs Myoui doesn't wish any more bad thing to happen to her daughters but Sana and Mina are determined and stands firm with their decisions. She gives in, "Your father is handling the company in Busan and he'll be here tomorrow. He will stay here and look after the both of you. Please be safe," She states then turns to Momo,
"Pack your stuff. We'll fly tonight"














 

*     *     *     *  

Everyone in attendance in the courtroom, not that many at eig

Please log in to read the full chapter