Revenge

Broken Flower: Lily
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next morning, Dahyun flutters his eyes opens, well-rested and with a small smile on his face. He glances down at the light weight on his chest. Seeing Momo peacefully sleeping in his arms, reminding him how she hugs him ever so tightly last night. Maybe because she notices how down he is and doesn't bother to ask, instead just letting him know, her wife is eternally will be there. His mind soon drifts to their path, his path.
 

 

He thought, his situation isn't that different than his younger brother, Chaeyoung. Both lose the love of their life, and now choosing to be loved and learn to fall in love and stay in love. Although, it's with someone with whom they don’t initially feel that special "spark". People around them with whom they could very deliberately create lasting love, people who purely love them. It may not seem that romantic: meeting someone, liking that person enough to give him or her a chance, then seeing whether strong feelings can develop toward that person. But it can and it is possible. If we put effort and finds a match qualities, then make a choice to stay together, we often possess strong feelings for each other that are very real: mutual respect, attraction, acceptance and appreciation.
 

 

He hopes Chaeyoung will find the happiness he deserves with the person he chooses to be with. Just like him, only he doesn't have a choice but that doesn't mean the love he has for his wife is lesser. Whilst Chaeyoung has choices, and he wishes the younger doesn't make a wrong decision. Knowing what had happened to Mina, from Momo's bursts out in concern. He wonders if he should tell his younger brother. He knows there wouldn't be anything much from their encounter but he wants them to hold no grudge, no more lingering feelings, no more unanswered questions, no misunderstanding. And he thought that is what Mina needs the most;
 

 

An ending for her to start.
 

 

He sighs and slowly detaches himself from the tight embrace of his wife, then sits up. Leaning on, his fingers tips brushes at the hair on her forehead before he leaves a long peck. He takes his phone from the bedside table, deciding to give Chaeyoung a call to ask his well being...and maybe that conversation can lead to him hinting  Chaeyoung, Mina's condition. However, he frowns when his phone's wallpaper is a cello instead of his wife's picture. He examines the device and realizes it isn't his nor Momo. A memory tape played the event of yesterday and he remembers how he bumped into a girl and maybe they phone got swapped.
 

 

He breathes out rather loudly, thinking that most of his incomplete composition, personal contact and important data is stored inside. He put the phone back and agree on ringing his own number and hopefully the girl will answer or if not, he could just track it later. Just then, he heard a small shuffle from behind then arms wrapped around his neck, and a pair of legs on his waist, locking him.
 

 

"Good morning, Boo." Momo groggily says, resting her chin on her husband's shoulder. Dahyun smiles and kisses her temple as he returns the greet."What are you doing? Composing?" She asks, noticing how the guys have been sitting on the edge of the bed for some time playing with a phone.
 

 

"Umm, I'm trying to call Chae." He replies straight to the point, doesn't think that bumping with a girl and losing his phone because of it, is worth mentioning. He holds his wife's hands and put it on his cheeks as he contemplates to proceed, "Darling, don't you think they need to talk, have some sort of closure?"
 

 

Momo softly rubs her thumb against his cheeks then hums "They also know they need it. Don't worry, I believe in them. It's better if they solve it on their own." She turns to him, distancing her face a little as she eyed his side-profile. "Does Chaeyoung knows, Mina is here in Korea?"
 

 

Dahyun nods and faces his wife, "I think so. In our wedding, Mina sat on the Myoui's table and he must have noticed her seat was occupied. Though he doesn't see her face"  
 

 

A second passed then a minute before realization hits. Momo gasp and widen her eyes, "He doesn't see her face?!"
 

 

"We had a masquerade themed wedding remember? The wedding planner suggests it and we agreed. We didn't think it through" Dahyun closes his eyes in defeat. "If they ever crossed path, Chaeyoung won't---" He trails off and sighs, shaking his head.
 

 

Somence takes over them before Momo finally moves her hand and gently patting her husband's head, "They will be okay. Mina will be okay" She whisper.
 

 

Dahyun hums then a playful smirk drawn on his face. "Said the girl who cried with snot for hours because she slapped her younger sister, because she is a bad older sister." He chuckles seeing the pout of his wife as he finishes his remark. It doesn't take long before the table is flipped, Momo gives him a deathly glare while his chuckle slowly dies. She suddenly tightens his arms around his neck, playfully head locking him while enjoying the sight of a flapping eagle.
 

 

"I hate you, Boo" Momo complaint under her gritted teeth not until Dahyun spring up and piggyback her wife while raced to the kitchen. Earning a shriek from his startled wife. He begins to laugh from the expected reaction while Momo kicks her legs in the air, trying to escape his grip but to no avail. She gives up and bites the eagle's shoulder making him wince and falls to the nearest couch in the living room. Momo breaks into laughter as she heard him groan, then lean in to peck his lips. "If my feet touch the floor, no kiss for a week. If you succeed, you earn a kiss black card for a week" She smiles.
 

 

Dahyun smirks and stands, jumping a little as he tightens his piggyback ride, "Challenge accepted. What do you want for breakfast?" He asks, ambling towards the dining area. As they reach the kitchen, he put her on the countertop whilst Momo swings her legs. "Hmm, anything. As long as you cook it and it tastes good" She shrugs.
 

 

Dahyun noted and prepares a simple menu. He first picks all the ingredients and gathers it beside Momo who's watching intently. In a large bowl, he whisks flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. He adds milk, butter and, egg then instructs his wife to stir until the flour is moistened, while he moves to the pan and heats it. In batches, he scoops batter into the skillet. Cook for several minutes then transfer it into a platter. He completes it with orange juices and syrup.
 

 

All the time, Momo is admiring and fangirling her own husband. She snaps out of it when she sees the finishing pancake and automatically cheers. Dahyun places the dish on the countertop. He hops on and sits beside Momo, separated by their breakfast. Abandoning the dining area where there are mahogany tables and chairs where they can properly sit yet decide to eat in the kitchen.
 

 

"I love you, Boo" Momo happily exclaims as she takes a bite. 
 

 

Dahyun raise his brow and chuckle "Of course, I just have to feed you then my love will return" Hearing the truth, Momo shyly giggles with stuff with food. As soon as they've eaten, he carries her to the counter next to the sink while he washes the dish and she wipes the plate. They chat a little about their schedule today, and she tells him that her students will participate in a dancing competition, specifically in contemporary and hip hop category under the age of sixteen. As a dance instructor and choreographer, she feels slight pressure since it will be her first time that takes the lead rather than the senior instructor. Dahyun talks his orchestra practice and rehearsal for today. 

 

When they've done, he piggybacks her to their bedroom and left her wife on the toilet seat while he cleans the house then have his own in the main washroom near the kitchen. He finishes first and styled a plain navy turtleneck and black pants. Another waiting for half an hour, he heard her wife calls for him and picks Momo who's standing in the tub with her robe on. He waits outside in the living room while she changed. He is carrying her wife bridal style towards the garage when Momo purposely drops her purse. She smirks while Dahyun bites his lips in slight annoyance and disbelief. He chuckles before slowly squatting and shakily grab the purse. He groans as he pushes himself to stand, almost losing his balance. Momo laughs when she heard a bone-cracking sound.
 

 

"I'm impressed" Momo compliments as he buckles her seatbelt in the passenger's seat, still panting.
 

 

Dahyun messages his shoulder and sighs "Then, I'll start using my kiss black card now." He smiles mischievously as they reach her dance studio. Momo playfully scoffs before cupping his face, then pampering him with kisses. It's still early in the morning as they left to work. They bid goodbyes and he soon reminded by his phone, he goes straight to the yesterday theatre and the hallway where he bumped into the girl. He tries to call his own number but it seems that his phone is turned off. Luckily when he arrives, he spots a girl standing quietly and looks around as if she is waiting for someone. Assuming it is the girl for yesterday, he smiles and walks nearer.
 

 

The girl is back facing him, wearing a simple black dress and carrying a cello, encased heavy on her back. He wonders if she is a part of the orchestra or someone who just came to watch the performance yesterday. Nevertheless, he shrugs it off and taps the girl's shoulder. She flinches a little before turning around meeting his gaze.
 

 

Dahyun froze. He is too stunned to think and move upon seeing her face. He stands glued to the ground with a shocked and hurt expression. Even to confused that, for a moment, he has no idea what the girl is talking about. Without him knowing, they already exchange the phone and she is walking away. He blinks and realizes the girl is no longer in sight. He runs instinctively, searching for her while her heart echoed in his ears. 'It can't be her. You know it's not her yet why are you chasing after her?' He thoughts, mentally trying to make sense of everything. 'Then yesterday, row 21 number 4. Was it that girl instead of my hallucination? How come they look exactly the same or am I still hallucinating right now. Is it just a random doppelganger?' His mind is raging with endless question as he runs blindly to nowhere, hoping he could have another glance.
 

 

"Wait!" He shouts when he sees her about entering a cab. The girl swings around, frowning as she witnesses him sprinting towards her then catch her wrist, preventing her to leave. Dahyun motions her to wait as he pants, calming his pounding heart. Few minutes passed and the taxi's driver starts to complain, asking where she will enter or not. He ignores it and stands properly, staring right into her orbs
 

 

"What is your name?" He questions, more like demanding for answer and explanation. He doesn't know why but a part of him is mad at the girl for having that face, some part of him is thankful. 
 

 

The girl releases her wrist in his grip and wears an annoyed look. Wanting to rebuke on how bossy his tone is and how rude his action is, but she knows by doing that only wasted her time and energy. She sighs and walks inside the cab, turning to him before she closes the door.
 

 

"It's Lia"
 

 

Across the street, stands a man watching the whole scene through the glass panel of a flower shop. He watches as Dahyun stands bewildered then helplessly walks back to the theatre. He breathes out and pulls off his earphone, rolling it and put it inside his pocket. Diverting his attention, his vision caught the sight of dried flowers on the vase next to him.
 

 

"It's pretty" He utters, admiring the beauty. The florist who is standing nearby, follows his gaze and nods whilst smiling. He glances to the florist and continues,"I used to hate dry flowers like that. It was the same for flower bouquets too. Cutting the stems and wrapping it. I thought it was so cruel to the flowers. It seemed so barbaric. I wondered why we had to watch flowers dry up like that too. But, I understand now, I want to see it die very slowly and gradually in a painstaking way"
 

 

A small bitter smile crept on his face as his eyes darken. The florist smiles awkwardly fr

Please log in to read the full chapter