Chapter 8

Fantasic Randomness

Miki walked behind Muffy an put her hands on her shoulders, then hugged her. It was silent, only the quiet sobbing could be heard.

After a long while Miki finally spoke. "I didn't know he was this important to you. I never knew you were the type who falls for someone this fast, I he only showed you some kindness after saving him the other day, and it hasn't been long."
Muffy stared at Woohyun. "It has been much longer than that Miki, much longer... like I told you last night, there has been many things I lied to you about.. I will tell you all about everything later.." Muffy said silently.

"Okay." Miki Muffy's back gently. "I will go look how Myungsoo is doing now."
Muffy turned around. "What do you mean? Did something happen to him?!!"
Miki nodded then walked out the door. Muffy also quickly followed Miki, worried about Myungsoo.

Myungsoo was on a couch in the next room. He was unconcious.

"How is he?" Miki asked Hoya and sat down by Myungsoo.
"Not so good. He.... I think he won't survive the night." Hoya said solemnly.
"R-really?" Miki said in sadness. She gently petted Myungsoo's soft hair. Myungsoo moved a little bit as she did so.

"What happened to him?? How did this happen?" Muffy asked shocked seeing Myungsoo's bad condition.
"We went to the prince's room. There was someone who claimed that you were his girl. Myungsoo and him fought and... he ended up stabbing him." Miki told Muffy.
"Sung Joon??" Muffy was shocked. "He attacked Myungsoo?"

Even though Muffy knew that Sung Joon was a really evil guy by nature, she also knew that Sung Joon had always been really loyal to his own people. She would have never imagined that Sung Joon would go against someone from his own people.

"Then what happened to the guy?" Muffy asked.
"He is dead..." Miki answered, her eyes didn't leave Myungsoo. She was keeping an eye on his breathing as if she was afraid that every breath he took might be his last.

"Dead? Oh..." sadness for Sung Joon filled Muffy's heart for a moment. Sung Joon and her still had a long history together, ever since they had been children.

Muffy glanced at Miki who was on verge of crying, and was his hair.
Does she care about Myungsoo after all? What about Sungyeol then?

"His highness just woke up!!!" suddenly Sunggyu rushed to the others. Everyone rushed to the room Woohyun was at.

Woohyun had just sat up and was holding his stomach that was in pain.
"Woohyun!" Muffy cried out and ran to hug him.
"Ow ow ow! Be careful!" Woohyun whined in pain as Muffy's body touched his aching wounds.
"Sorry." Muffy pulled away from the hug and held his hand instead.

"How are you feeling your highness?" Hoya asked.
"Well, I think I will live. Not too good though." Woohyun said. He looked around the strange place.
"But where is this?" Woohyun asked. "What happened? I actually thought I died."
"I was so scared, I thought you might not make it too." Muffy said, she felt so relieved to see Woohyun awake, and talking.

"I don't think a prince is someone who can be killed that easily then." Woohyun joked and smiled looking at Muffy.

"We thought it was safer to bring you here from the castle, there were many people who were willing to kill you in he castle. If we left you there, you would probably be gone by now your highness." Hoya said.
"Oh... but what about my family.. the King?" Woohyun asked.

Hoya looked at Sungyeol and Sunggyu, hesitating if they should tell him what really happened just yet, so they wouldn't shock him too much when he had to recover.

"About the King....." Hoya cleared his throat and walked closer to Woohyun.
He started explaining about what had happened to the King and what kind of man he had really been, and about all the reasons why the castle had been attacked.

While Hoya was explaining about everything, Muffy went to the kitchen to make some soup for Woohyun to eat.
This is a miracle. My Woohyun survived! He survived! We have a chance to be together! It's a miracle!

She glanced back at the room beside the kitchen where Miki was still with Myungsoo. She could hear how Miki was silently talking to the unconcious Miki.
If only Myungsoo would be okay too, what if he doesn't survive the night... he can't die. I don't want him to die.

"Actually Muffy, to tell you the truth. Miki... she is my sister. We are not together..." suddenly Sungyeol walked to the kitchen.
"What? Your sister??? B-but you kissed her. What are you talking about?" Muffy looked at Sungyeol stunned.
"It was only to push Myungsoo away, but Miki... she really likes him." Sungyeol said.

Muffy was really feeling confused, she quickly finished making the soup and brought it to Woohyun.
Hoya had finished telling him everything about the King and he looked really gloomy.
Everyone else left the room when they saw Muffy arriving. Muffy walked to the bed and sat down.
"Are you okay?" Muffy carefully asked.
"Mmm.. yeah." Woohyun told her and smiled faintly.

"About the King..." Muffy bit her lip.
"Let's not talk about it right now? What's that?" Woohyun looked at the plate in Muffy's hands.
"Soup." Muffy replied.
"For me?" Woohyun asked.
"Mmm." Muffy nodded.

Woohyun frowned, looking at the suspicious looking soup. He took one spoonful of it, and frowned.
"What? Not good?" Muffy asked disappointed.
Woohyun shook his head.
Muffy sighed disappointed. "I guess I'm not much of a cook, mianhe." she said and got up to take it away.
"No. I will eat it. What I meant is... it's not only good... but super delicious!!!" Woohyun said.
"Yah.." Muffy pouted. Woohyun giggled but it made his stomach hurt.
"Don't laugh.." Muffy said worried seeing his hurtful expression.
"Aigoo... I can't even laugh at my Muffy's cuteness without being punished this way. Well I think I deserve it... I should pay for my fathers bad doings somehow." Woohyun said now solemnly thinking about the King.
He took the plate from Muffy and started eating.

"You did nothing wrong Woohyun... only your father in the end. I-- Woohyun I'm so sorry that I was trying to hurt you with my family... I... I'm so sorry... If you had died.. I don't know what I would have done.. I would never had forgave myself I..." Muffy said feeling bad again.
Woohyun put the plate down on the bedside table and held Muffy's hand. "Shh. Let's not talk about that anymore." he said gently. "Come here."

He moved a little bit, giving space for Muffy to be beside him on the bed. Woohyun wrapped his arms around Muffy and put the blanket over both of them. You are together with me. That is all that matters.

He planted a sof kiss on Muffy's cheek. Sungyeol glanced at the two from the door and slowly closed it. So the painting indeed was about Muffy...

He then walked to where Miki was with Myungsoo. It hurt him to see his sister hurting like that.
Myungsoo still was unconcious, he was breathing weakly and from time to time he would stop breathing for a short while, giving Miki a shock.

Sungyeol walked to Miki and hugged her from behind.
"What if he doesn't make it?" Miki whispered. Yet another tear dropped on Myungsoo's blood filled shirt. Sungyeol didn't know what to say, just hugged her tighter.

--

It was already late in the house, most of the people were asleep. Sunggyu was guarding the door but was half sleeping on his chair.
Miki had fell asleep, resting her head on Myungsoo's chest.

Woohyun was still awake, he gazed at Muffy who was sleeping peacefully beside him. He pulled him closer to himself and smiled.

This means that Muffy really is mine? I can make her my wife? he thought happily, he couldn't stop his smile now.
He leaned close to Muffy and gently kissed her lips, then pulled back to look at her sleeping figure. "I love you Muffy.." he whispered.

Woohyun closed his eyes to sleep too. Before he fell asleep, images of meeting Muffy for the first time, their secret meetings, their adventures outside of the castle.. all those moments together flashed through his mind.
He fell asleep feeling so peaceful and happy.

----

Next morning Miki woke up with a sound of Myungsoo couching. Her eyes snapped wide open right away.
She saw Myungsoo rubbing his eyes, trying to figure out where he was.

"Myungsoo!!!" Miki exclaimed.
"Miki?" Myunsoo stared at her, soon a smile spread on his face.

"Are you okay? How are you feeling?" Miki asked him and hugged him.
"I'm.. i'm thirsty." Myungsoo scratced his head.
"Thirsty? I'll go get you some water!" Miki said and right away went to the kitchen to bring him water.

"Here." Miki handed Myungsoo the water. He drank all of it. He then looked around.
"But what happened? Sung Joon? Muffy? The prince? What happened? Are they all alright? Where is Muffy?" Myungsoo asked.
"Muffy is fine. Prince Woohyun is fine too, he survived. You don't need to worry about anything." Miki said.
Myungsoo smiled.

"It's... umm.. so good.. to see you there...." Myungsoo scratched the back of his head.
"I agree." Miki smiled and suddenly kissed his lips, Myungsoo's heart started beating fast from happiness when he felt her lips on his. He felt like jumping all the way to the moon or somewhere even higher.

-

Muffy woke up with a knock on the door.
"It's time for breakfast." Sunggyu informed opening the door.

Muffy yawned and opened her eyes. She smiled when she saw Woohyun in front of her. She shook him a bit. "Time to wake up my prince." she said.

There was no reaction. Aigoo this sleepyhead. Muffy chuckled and shook him again.
"Yahh... get up!!!" Muffy whined a bit and happened to touch his hand. His hand was cold, really cold.

A horrible feeling hit Muffy, she sat up and touched his hand again. It felt cold, it felt stiff.
"Woohyun..." Muffy shook him some more. "Woohyun wake up." she said. Woohyun wasn't moving, he wasn't reacting in no way.

Muffy gulped. Why isn't he waking uP? Why doesn't he react? He isn't.... no.. he can't be... just yesterday he was all good.. no... Woohyun.. why isn't he waking up!!!??

"Breakfast is ready.." Sunggyu informed once again.
Muffy looked at Sunggyu, her whole face was pale. "Help me... he isn't waking up. I don't know what is wrong!" she cried out.

Sunggyu immediately ran to the bed. Woohyun looked really pale, he wasn't moving at all. Sunggyu put his hand on his neck, checking his pulse. His eyes widened when he felt nothing.

Woohyun's heart had stopped beating. He had died to his wounds while he had been sleeping.

Sunggyu got on his knees on the floor, bowing his head down. "Rest in peace your highness!" he cried out.

"What??? Do you mean that he?? You mean he is dead?" Muffy exclaimed shocked.
"I am sorry." Sunggyu said, not lifting his head up.

Muffy stared at Woohyun shocked. She couldn't believe this. Just yesterday, everything had been good. He had seemed to be alright.

Without a word Muffy let go of Woohyun's lifeless hand. She was too stunned to even cry right now,
"No.... this isn't true.... he didn't leave me right? He did not!!!!" Muffy stuttered.

 

Muffy's knees gave out and she collapsed to the ground. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!" Muffy held and shook her head. "This is not happening. It's not- You're lying! Wake up!" Muffy was losing her mind. "We were supposed to get married and live happily ever after like the fairy tales. You were going to be the loving, yet dork dad, and I the loving mom. We were supposed to have many many kids together and grow old with white hair. We were supposed to die in our sleep as we held hands. You can't leave me wanting all of these things you can't!!" Muffy shouted at Woohyun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Woohyun!!" Muffy startled herself awake.
"What?" Woohyun asked.
"Nothing." Muffy shook her head. "Dream."
"It must have been a good dream since you were dreaming of me." Woohyun smirked.
"Who said it was good? It was a nightmare." Muffy snapped.
"Says the girl who was saying my name in her sleep. 'Woohyun, I love you. Woohyun.'" Woohyun mocked.

Muffy rolled her eyes. She got off the couch and went to the kitchen to grab herself water. She saw cookies on the counter, so she opened the jar and took a cookie.

"Hey want to make me ramyeon?" Her twin brother came into the room.
"Make it yourself Woohyun." Muffy threw Woohyun a pack of ramyeon and stuck the cookie in .
"Geez you're so mean. You used to cook for me all the time. Ever since you got a boyfriend you stopped cooking for me." Woohyun complained.
"At least I have a boyfriend, Mr. Forever Alone." Muffy jumped onto the counter.
"So short I see, needing to jump to sit on the counter. Should I get you a ladder?" Woohyun teased.
"Shut up and make your ramyeon." Muffy replied.

Woohyun began to make his ramyeon as Muffy sat on the counter eating the cookies from the jar. The house phone rang.

Woohyun picked up the phone. "Hello? Oh, hold on."

Woohyun passed the phone to Muffy. Muffy answered and immediately a smile appeared on her face. She took the cordless phone into her room.

Woohyun rolled his eyes. "Why does he call our house phone instead of her cell phone? It's so irritating."

Woohyun finished making his ramyeon and poured it into a bowl. He turned around to grab chopsticks. When he turned around to take a bite the bowl was gone.

"Mmmm, it's good." Miki told Woohyun with noodles in .
"Hey make your own kid." Woohyun took the bowl away from his little sister.
"Oppa, your so mean." Miki pouted. "I make you food all the time."

Woohyun shrugged. He took his bowl into the dinning room. Miki followed Woohyun.

"Hey, when's mom and dad coming home from their trip?" Miki asked.
"In a month. Why?" Woohyun asked suspicious of Miki.
"Nothing, I was just thinking we could have a small house party. Invite a few friends. Maybe find you a girlfriend." Miki looked at Woohyun hopefully.
"No." Woohyun replied.
"Come on." Miki whined. "You know you want to. I mean I could invite Muffy's friend Seungyeon. I know you've got a thing for her."
"Hmmm," Woohyun pretended to think. "How about... no."
"Come on." Miki sat moved by Woohyun. "Just once. No more after that. I promise."
"It's still no." Woohyun shook his head.
"Fine." Miki stood up. "I'm going over to GD's house and have with him and his friends."
"You'd better not." Woohyun glared at Miki. "That playboy probably has a whole bunch of STDs from all the women he's been sleeping with."
"Then let me have a party." Miki put her arms around Woohyun's neck from behind. "You won't let me go out anywhere, so I want to bring the fun to me. You'll be in the house watching me and having fun at the same time." Miki reasoned.
"No." Woohyun denied again.

"No what?" Muffy came into the room, finished with her phone call.
"I want to have a party here, but Woohyun won't let me." Miki replied.
"I won't let you either." Muffy replied. "You can have a barbeque and invite a few friends, but not a full on party."
"Really? Thanks Unnie!" Miki hugged Muffy.
"You can invite only up to 3 friends." Muffy told Miki.
"Hey don't I have a say in this?" Woohyun asked.
"No." Muffy replied. "For the barbeque let's have it tomorrow night. Woohyun, you can invite 3 friends too. I'll be inviting 3 friends as well."
"Bring Seungyeon with you. Woohyun likes Seungyeon." Miki blurted.

Woohyun glared at Miki. Miki skipped around to hug Muffy.

"Thanks, so tomorrow night barbeque only 3 friends. Got it." Miki skipped away. "Love you."
"No male friends!" Woohyun shouted.
"Whatever!" Miki replied. "Oh, oppa, invite your friend Bang Yong Guk. I think he's cute." Miki shouted to Woohyun.

 

The next night Muffy and Woohyun were setting up the place outside while Miki was preparing herself for the party.

"Who is coming?" Muffy asked Woohyun who was making sure they had enough charcoal.
"Mmm... Key, Yongguk and Nicole." Woohyun said.

"Oh Yongguk is coming after all?" Muffy frowned knowing what kind of dude he could be and the fact that Miki found him attractive.
"Yup...but don't worry, I will keep an eye on him." Woohyun said.

"Are you sure you can, since.. well Seungyeon is coming too." Muffy said.
"She is?" Woohyun looked away trying to hide his excitement.
"Yep, also my Honghongie is coming!! and Onew is coming too!!" Muffy smiled.

"Eww... why do you call him Honghongie??" Woohyun made a face hearing the nickname that Muffy always used of her boyfriend.
"What!!? His name is Hong Jonghyun... I like to twist something out of his family name. I think it's cute. He is so cute it's like when I push his nose, and say Honghong!!! like I honk when i'm in the car, Honk Honk.." Muffy pouted.

user posted image

"I got no idea what you just said but it's not cute.. at all." Woohyun snorted. Muffy glared at him and punched his shoulder annoyed.

"Why the hell is Onew coming here anyway??!!" Woohyun asked displeased.
"Why not? He is my friend." Muffy said. "Why? Feeling threatened?? Because Seungyeon once said Onew was cute??" she brother.

"NO!" Woohyun exclaimed, a little bit too obviously that he was feeling threatened.
Muffy shook her head and turned around, just then she saw Miki walking there and with her came none other than Yongguk.

"Your friend is here." Muffy said.
"Huh?" Woohyun turned around. His eyes widened when he saw Miki wearing short shorts and a tank top, which in his eyes looked way too revealing... and on top of that Yongguk there, very close to his little sister.

Woohyun ran there as fast as he could. "Yah, look at what you're wearing!!!" Woohyun exclaimed.
"What?" Miki looked at her clothes innocently.
"I think those are nice on her." Yongguk commented.

Woohyun rolled his eyes. "No one asked your opinion. Go change Miki."
"Bu oppa.. it's so hot outside." Miki whined.
"Go change." Woohyun said again.
"Oppa you sound worse than dad! Chill." Miki said.

"Yeah, chill a bit. It's only a party with some friends." Muffy patted Woohyun's shoulder.

"Muffy annyeong!" Muffy suddenly felt arms hugging her from behind.
"Honghongie!!" Muffy turned around happily. Her boyfriend smiled and pecked Muffy's lips.

Woohyun made a disgusted face again. "Seriously guys, change that nickname, I feel like throwing up!!!" he said. "Whose idea such name was even?"

"Uhh.. mine." Jonghyun awkwardly smiled raising his hand a bit.
"Yours? You think it's very manly to be called Honghongie, really?" Woohyun mocked him.
"Don't your friends call you Namu, a tree?? Is there something very manly in being called a tree then??" Muffy mocked her brother back.
Woohyun rolled his eyes.

"My friends are here!!" Miki exclaimed happily seeing her three friends walking in the gate.