Chapter 46

Fantasic Randomness

Miki, Kris, and Zico stood in front of their new motorcycles that were provided by the President.

"We're going outside the gate right?" Kris examined the bikes. "This is going to stand out."
"So what?" Zico got on his bike. "You don't get to ride these babies on will everyday."
"We're trying to be secretive, this is too flamboyant." Kris replied. "Should we sell it?"
"Hell no! I like it." Zico exclaimed. "Besides we can't put these puppies on the street. The President would kill us."
"Just rub some dirt on it." Miki said as she started loading her things onto her bike.
"What?!" Zico exclaimed. "Why would you do that?"
"Make it look crappy, so no one would want to steal it. You want to keep it right?" Miki said.

---------------------------------

Miki, Zico, and Kris sped past the gates out of the Capital. Now everywhere around them was grumpy and demolished. They sped father away from the city, deeper into the junkyards of the place formerly known as Seoul.

They stopped in front of a small restaurant for some food. Kris and Zico went to get the food while Miki stayed and watched the bikes.

Suddenly there was a loud gun shot noise. Miki instantly looked towards the noise. A few more gun shots were heard.

A boy covered in dirt around Miki's age ran out from one of the alleys. Behind him three men with guns pointed at him were chasing after him.

One of the men fired a few shots at the boy. "You brat!! Come back here with my wallet!!"
"I don't have it sir!" The boy shouted without stopping.
"You're the only person who could have stole it you brat!" The man spat. "Go get him!" He ordered the men behind him.

The men ran ahead, slowly catching up with the boy. The men fired more shots at the boy. One bullet hit the boy in the shoulder. It threw off the boy's momentum and he fell onto the floor. The men instantly caught up to him. They flipped the boy onto his back.

"Please. I didn't do it master." The boy pleaded for his life.
"Like hell you didn't." The man scoffed. "Slaves always bite the hand that feeds them." The man pointed his gun at the boy's head.
"Please sir." The boy cried.

The man's fingers slowly pulled the trigger back. The boy closed his teary eyes.

Miki kicked the men away from the boy just before the man could up the trigger. The three men fell backwards onto the floor. The boy opened his eyes and stared at his savior.

Miki walked over to the men and held her katana up to the main man's neck. "Are you the one who fired those bullet?" She glared at the men. "You hit my bike. I demand compensation."
"What?!" The man exclaimed. "Who the hell are you?! What they hell are you sitting there for? Get her!!" He ordered the men.

The men ran towards Miki. Miki's eyes flashed at the movement. With just two swings of her katana the men clutched their bleeding hands, their guns on the floor.

Miki once again pointed her katana at the man. "My compensation."
The man scrambled a few crawls backwards. "H-H-Have the slave. He'll cover the bill." The man stuttered.

The man quickly scrambled to his feet and ran away, his men following him.

Miki followed the men with her eyes until they disappeared. She put the katana back in it's sheath on her back. She went to pick up the guns the men left behind. She put them in her pocket.

"Thank you for saving my life." The boy told Miki.

Miki ignored the boy and went to her bike. She bent down beside the bike and touched the scratch on the bike from the bullet. The boy followed her.

"Thank you." The boy repeated.
"I didn't save you." Miki said not bothering to look at the boy. "My bike. I wanted compensation."

The boy looked down and didn't move. He bit his lips and played with his fingers.

"Hey I hear bullets. What action did we miss?" Zico asked as he came out of the restaurant with Kris with their food.
"Nothing much." Miki replied.

Zico and Kris put the food down on one of the tables near their bikes. Miki followed them and sat down. The boy followed her, but stood on the side of the table.

Zico, Kris, and Miki began to eat. The boy stayed on the side and watched them. The boy's stomach grumbled loudly.

"Hey kid, what are you doing?" Zico asked, but the boy said nothing.
"I think he wants food." Kris replied.
"Food? I ain't giving him food." Zico exclaimed. "It's so over priced here, hell no. I'm not sharing. Go home." He told the boy.
"I can't." The boy replied. "She's my master." He pointed at Miki.
"What?!" Kris and Zico exclaimed. "How'd this happen?"
"I'm not your master." Miki replied.
"My master sold me to you earlier, so now you're my master." The boy replied.
"No I'm not. Go home." Miki replied.

The boy stayed in his spot.

Miki sighed. "Fine. As your master I set you free. Go anywhere you want."
"I have no where to go." The boy replied. "Can I stay with you?"
"No." Miki replied.
"But I need to repay you for saving my life." The boy replied. "I owe you."
"No you don't." Miki replied. "Like I said, I didn't save you. I wanted compensation for my bike. I wanted money. You're not going to help me any with my bike."
The boy looked at Miki with teary eyes. "Please," He begged. "Let me stay with you."
"No." Miki replied.
"Kid, just go home." Kris added. "Why would you want to stay with a stranger anyways."
"I have nowhere to go." The boy replied. "I'll work, I'll do anything. Please let me stay with you."
"No." Miki replied.

Miki stood up and threw away her empty plate. She got onto her bike. Kris and Zico followed suit. They drove off. The boy ran after them.

After driving awhile Zico looked back. The boy ways still chasing them.

"Kid's still following us." Zico informed.
"Just take him with us." Kris told Miki. "We can use him as a maid now then as bait or something later on."
"Fine." Miki reluctantly agreed.

Miki spun her bike around. She stopped in front of the boy. The boy was covered in sweat and panting heavily.

"Get on." Mik ordered.
The boy happily smiled. "Thank you master!"

The boy got onto Miki's bike. He grabbed onto Miki's waist as she drove off to catch up with Kris and Zico.

-----------------

Later that night the boy woke up inside a tent. He went outside and saw Zico, Kris, and Miki gathered around a fire. He went to join them.

"Look who's up." Zico said noticing the boy.
"Sleep well?" Kris asked.
"Yes." The boy nodded.
"That's good." Kris nodded. "I'm Kris. That's Zico and Miki. What's your name."
"I'm Gongchan." The boy replied.
"Gongchan," Zico repeated. "Why do you want to stay with us? We're strangers. Aren't you scared we'll kill you?"
Gongchan shook his head. "My former master sold me to Miki. Now I'm Miki's slave. I have to follow my master where ever she goes. It's the law. I'll be killed by the soldiers if I'm found without my master, so I'd rather be killed by my master."

Gongchan held out his left wrist. On his wrist was the mark of a slave burned onto him. With the mark of the slave on him, Gongchan could never experience true freedom. He'd have to obey his master's every command. If he was caught without his master, or caught betraying his master the punishment was death.

"You cried." Miki said, catching everyone's attention. "When that man pointed the gun at you, you cried. You begged for you life."
"I did." Gongchan replied. "I want to live... But I'd rather die by my master's hand then the soldiers. I heard the soldiers torture misbehaving slaves to their death."
"That's a lie!" Zico snapped. "Soldiers don't do that. They just have one simple execution. No torture."

Gongchan stared at Zico strangely. Kris slapped Zico.

"I mean I think they don't do that." Zico corrected himself.

Zico, Kris, and Miki had decided not to tell anyone that they were soldiers. They decided this, so that no one would be suspicious of them.

Gongchan tuned to Miki. "Is there anything I can do master?"
"Nothing tonight." Miki replied. "But I have rules."

Miki explained the rules. "1. Don't bother us. 2. Don't as questions. 3. Don't tell say a word about anything that you hear us say. 4. If you don't obey any of my rules I'll kill you."
"I understand." Gongchan nodded.
"Good." Miki replied. "Good."

 

The next morning Miki, Kris, and Zico woke up just before dawn. Gongchan was still sleeping inside the tent.

"So what do we do today?" Zico asked. "We really have no idea where to look for these people."
"I guess we'll start on the surface." Kris replied. "We'll go through town like travelers, trying not to draw attention. If we don't find them we start going underground."
"And the boy?" Zico asked. "That mark on his arm will make him stand out."
"We'll cover it." Miki replied.
"How?" Zico asked.
"Like we covered ours." Miki smirked.

------------------------

Later that morning Kris and Zico had already left to search for Muffy and Siyoon when Gongchan woke up. He quickly ate his breakfast as Miki dirtied their bikes.

"I'm done eating master." Gongchan said after he was done.
"Don't call me master from now on. You are to call me Miki, and call Kris and Zico by their names. Also don't act like a slave." Miki ordered Gonghchan, not wanting him to ruin their cover.
"But I am a slave mast-." He quickly covered his mouth.
"It doesn't matter. Just don't act like one. That's an order!" Miki glared. "Now follow me."

Miki led Gongchan to the river just on the side of their camp. She stripped him of his dirty and torn clothing.

"Wash yourself." Miki ordered.

Gongchan did as he was told as Miki disappeared in the tent with his clothes.

Gongchan slowly went into the cold water. He cleaned himself the best he could before going out. He couldn't find his clothes anywhere, so he went by the tent to ask Miki for his clothes.

Miki came out of the tent expecting Gongchan to still be bathing. She was surprised to see Gongchan in front of her, but she showed no emotion. She stared at him wondering what he was doing.

A cool wind blew past the boy and he shivered. He suddenly realized that he was and that Miki, a girl, was staring at him. He growing red with embarrassment he covered his crotch with his hands.

"Umm..." His cheeks grew more red as he looked at Miki. "My clothes."
"I threw them away." Miki replied. "It was old and filthy."

Gongchan was disappointed. That was his only pair of clothing and he had nothing left. He frowned at the thought of having to go around .

"Here." Miki handed Gongchan a set of clothes. "It's Zico's so I hope you fit it."

user posted image

Gongchan changed into the clothes. He rolled up the long sleeves since it was hot.

"Hmmm..." Miki looked at Gongchan up and down. "It fits well, but there's a problem." Her eyes darted to the slave mark on Gongchan's wrist.

Miki removed the black bandana she had tied around her long hair. Her hair fell onto her face as she walked up to Gongchan. He gasped as she took his hand, trying her bandana around his wrist covering the mark.

"Don't ever take it off." Miki told Gongchan. "They'll know you're a slave once you take it off."

Miki went to her bike.

Gongchan looked down at the bandana covering his cursed mark. He gently touched the bandana then looked up at Miki.

This is the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me.

Gongchan watched Miki as her long hair blew in the wind. She took out a knife from her bag hanging on her bike. She removed the knife from it's sheath and held the knife between her teeth. She gathered her hair then cut it short with the knife.

Miki shook her short hair then looked in the side mirror of her bike. "It's not protocol, but my hair's not in my face. I like it."

Miki put the knife away.

"Help me get ready for lunch. Zico and Kris will be back soon." Miki told Gongchan.